Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2009, 07:09 AM   #176
Silver King
Megalops Erectus
AW Moderator

Silver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Damn. I start a thread, leave for a day and look what happens: It turns into a viable discussion.

Thanks all for sharing your thoughts here, which confirms how disparate we all are in some ways, yet how we mostly agree about the import of our words and meaning.
Silver King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:10 AM   #177
Slushie
Custom User Title

Slushie leaves trails of profuse coolnessSlushie leaves trails of profuse coolnessSlushie leaves trails of profuse coolnessSlushie leaves trails of profuse coolnessSlushie leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne K View Post
Hammy?

Now I want ham on my grilled cheese.
PEOPLE WHO EAT HOT HAM AND CHEESE SANDWICHES ARE ICKY!!!!!!!!!

fourth grade. cafeteria. the smell. the hairnets. Scarred forever I was and never again will I touch them hotham'n'cheeze
Slushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:11 AM   #178
scarletpeaches
Banned

scarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post
Damn. I start a thread, leave for a day and look what happens: It turns into a viable discussion.

Thanks all for sharing your thoughts here, which confirms how disparate we all are in some ways, yet how we mostly agree about the import of our words and meaning.
Yes, but would you choose a grilled cheese sammich or a fried egg and bacon roll?
scarletpeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:15 AM   #179
Silver King
Megalops Erectus
AW Moderator

Silver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletpeaches View Post
Yes, but would you choose a grilled cheese sammich or a fried egg and bacon roll?
Hmmm. That's a tough question. I'd try both first, then give a learned response after the taste test.
Silver King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:15 AM   #180
Wayne K
Banned

Wayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This 'is' the drunk thread right?
Wayne K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:16 AM   #181
scarletpeaches
Banned

scarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post
Hmmm. That's a tough question. I'd try both first, then give a learned response after the taste test.
I like your moxy, kid.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:18 AM   #182
Slushie
Custom User Title

Slushie leaves trails of profuse coolnessSlushie leaves trails of profuse coolnessSlushie leaves trails of profuse coolnessSlushie leaves trails of profuse coolnessSlushie leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne K View Post
This 'is' the drunk thread right?
Dunno but there's a quarter liter of Jack sitting on my desk right now...left over from last night.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:18 AM   #183
HelloKiddo
bemused observer

HelloKiddo is a glorious beacon of lightHelloKiddo is a glorious beacon of lightHelloKiddo is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
A female friend once told me that I'm single because I scare men, I'm too intelligent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran View Post
I get that too. I get told my intelligence intimidates them
Hmmm. I've never been told told my intelligence intimidates men. I wonder who among us should be the most offended?
HelloKiddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:27 AM   #184
KTC
THE REASONS - Now Available!

KTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAllister View Post
I make teh awesome butternut squash soup. But there's nothing in the world as comforting as cream-of-tomato with a grilled cheese sandwich.
I agree. It's like a little piece of home.
KTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:33 AM   #185
Cassiopeia
Otherwise Occupied

Cassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
One day when I'm rich and famous I shall introduce you to the joys of a fried egg and bacon roll.

You'll never be able to look a grilled cheese sammich in the face again.
If I can have it on a gluten free roll, I'll take the egg and bacon.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:52 AM   #186
scarletpeaches
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assauer View Post
Lovely.

I can't get tt42's new book
cause local obscenity laws won't allow it through the mail.
Kaylaemay hearts Sp, lubs Wayne K.
I don't have a clue what a walloon is
And my list mod just called me desparate...
you still got that quarter liter of Jack on your desk EyeSeaAll?

(See, It doesn't take much to complain, but it does take a touch more to know that I'm joking, and really appreciate everyones thoughts and all the humor!)
Are you shitting me?

Oh wait, you're joking.

(You are, aren't you)?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:09 AM   #187
Ken
and friends . . .

Ken is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
... and of course if one lacks the guts to say something to someone directly they can allude to the person, indirectly, in a post. It's a cowardly and pitiful way to go about things, to be sure, but at least the person has alleviated some of their pent up feelings over some months-old incident that still continues to bug them.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:12 AM   #188
scarletpeaches
Banned

I'd more than happily say anything I post here to the faces of the people at whom my comments are directed.

Even the ones who thought I didn't see what they said about me on Facebook...
Old 11-30-2009, 08:14 AM   #189
Slushie
Custom User Title

Quote:
(wasn't joking about that drink...)
*pours Assauer a shot*

I was hungover until, like, 2oclock today. ugh. feckin' whiskey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
... and of course if one lacks the guts to say something to someone directly they can allude to the person, indirectly, in a post. It's a cowardly and pitiful way to go about things, to be sure, but at least the person has alleviated some of their pent up feelings over some months-old incident that still continues to bug them.
Are you talking about me???
Old 11-30-2009, 08:15 AM   #190
scarletpeaches
Banned

The only way to avoid a hangover is to stay drunk.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:15 AM   #191
Kitty
weeeeeeeee *thud*

Kitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
It's that kind of tiptoeing that screws it up for the rest of us. Sometimes, you just gotta say, 'no offence but you/ your writing/ your whatever it is, sucks'.

Personal opinions are just that, personal. Doesn't mean people have to go all thin skinned over it. Have a cup of concrete...

"Writers are just closet extroverts. Artists are simply neurotic."

Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:17 AM   #192
scarletpeaches
Banned

Yeah, if you've got something to say then just say it.

I'd rather people had the balls to be upfront with me. I respect that a hell of a lot more than I do pussyfooting around the issue.

Luckily, my writing rocks the phat one, so I don't have to worry.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:17 AM   #193
Slushie
Custom User Title

When I brushed my teeth this morning...yek!

whiskey and peppermint is DISGUSTING!!!

Don't help that I smoked about half a pack last night, but I gave prolly five cigs away.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:18 AM   #194
Ken
and friends . . .

Ken is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
... good policy, SP.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:20 AM   #195
Ken
and friends . . .

... the intended party will know who I mean. I would've repped them but have a feeling they have me on ignore. But maybe I'll try PMing them. That probably would be best. Should have done that to begin with. Sorry. // Rep has been sent. Will follow up with a PM if that doesn't work. Thnx for the feedback.

Last edited by Ken; 11-30-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:21 AM   #196
thethinker42
Abnormal Romance Author

thethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I can't get tt42's new book
cause local obscenity laws won't allow it through the mail.
No no no, my FIRST book is the super obscene one. The second one is, but not quite to the same degree. Get it right.

AW Library: Lauren Gallagher * L. A. Witt

In-Progress:
Lead Me Not - 20,003 / 60,000
No Place That Far (w/Aleksandr Voinov) - 58,508 / 65,000
Hardcore Ink (w/Cat Grant) - 35,884 / 75,000
The Saint's Wife - 8,147 / 55,000

General Misconduct
- Available 07/22!
thethinker42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:21 AM   #197
Cassiopeia
Otherwise Occupied

Cassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I'd more than happily say anything I post here to the faces of the people at whom my comments are directed.
HA! I find it amusing when people are so testy to me online, thinking I'm just a certain way and when they meet me in person, they have quite an altered perception.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #198
Wayne K
Banned

Wayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWayne K is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

Luckily, my writing rocks the phat one, so I don't have to worry.
and it will rock many phat ones, for many years to cu...come.
Wayne K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 AM   #199
scarletpeaches
Banned

Perks thinks I'm nice in real life. I'm of a mind to let the delusion continue.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:28 AM   #200
Priene
Out to lunch

Priene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
Walloons is a funny word. It just is.
Flems is even funnier. Belgium is inherently funny. Even their capital is named after a vegetable.
Priene is offline   Reply With Quote