Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > AW Writing Lab > NaNoWriMo and Beyond
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2009, 12:32 AM   #26
Becky
practical experience, FTW

Becky is well-respected
Four hours... Exciting!
Oh, Brother - 50k Draft Two Complete!

Family Portrait Blog
Imogen Kingsley tweets too =]
General Blog
The Twifties blog too!
Twitter
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:42 AM   #27
lostwanderer5

lostwanderer5 has a spectacular auralostwanderer5 has a spectacular aura
Less than four hours to go

WRITING BLOG - Writer Revealed

JOURNAL KEEPING BLOG - Journal Addict

FACEBOOK
lostwanderer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:44 AM   #28
Scribhneoir
Reinventing Myself

Scribhneoir is a glorious beacon of lightScribhneoir is a glorious beacon of lightScribhneoir is a glorious beacon of light
A bit less than eleven hours ...
Scribhneoir is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:49 AM   #29
Viking Horse
Devil in the Top Hat

Viking Horse has a spectacular auraViking Horse has a spectacular aura
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZkllM8znx4
Viking Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:52 AM   #30
Skodobah
I don't dream for nothing!

Skodobah is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWords View Post
There are hours and hours and hours to go... I'm killing time by chain-smoking, drinking and being unsociable. Nothing special, then...
Damn! I wish I could still do that!!!!

- Julie

www.julieduck.wordpress.com
www.julieduck.com
www.twitter.com/skodobah
Skodobah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:53 AM   #31
inukuzu
Dumbledore still lives ...

inukuzu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Horse View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZkllM8znx4
That's perfect. x3

I'm Inu - first time posting, first time NaNo-ing.

I'm really excited I have a vague outline, some scenes, some characters, and eight hours to go ... Good luck everyone!
inukuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:54 AM   #32
Skodobah

Never expected this NaNo thing to be like waiting for Santa Claus. I'm freaked, like I'm prepping for a track meet or something. Or a first date. Yeah, it's like that - I'm dressed, the makeup is on, and now all I need is for him to arrive. Yikes!

- Julie

www.julieduck.com
www.twitter.com/skodobah
Old 11-01-2009, 01:20 AM   #33
ravenlea
AW Addict

ravenlea is a glorious beacon of lightravenlea is a glorious beacon of lightravenlea is a glorious beacon of light
I haven't had time to think about nano at all today. Between the kid asking every five minutes when we're going trunk or treating (yes, you read that right) and the husband bugging me to get invoices in the mail, plus my own deadline for an article on Monday ... I have an idea, a sort-of plot and a title for no other reason than to take up space. On the plus side, I will be awake at midnight to start!

Don't piss off the fairies
ravenlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:29 AM   #34
Elonna
I'm a dork

Elonna leaves trails of profuse coolnessElonna leaves trails of profuse coolnessElonna leaves trails of profuse coolnessElonna leaves trails of profuse coolnessElonna leaves trails of profuse coolness
Just a little over 7 hours for East coast USA

Elonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:41 AM   #35
M.R.J. Le Blanc
aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan

M.R.J. Le Blanc has a golden reputationM.R.J. Le Blanc has a golden reputationM.R.J. Le Blanc has a golden reputationM.R.J. Le Blanc has a golden reputationM.R.J. Le Blanc has a golden reputationM.R.J. Le Blanc has a golden reputation
Woot, I survived my Kick-Off! *falls over*

Just under seven hours in my area. Can't wait! And can't believe it's here!
M.R.J. Le Blanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:43 AM   #36
Viking Horse
Devil in the Top Hat

Viking Horse has a spectacular auraViking Horse has a spectacular aura
Yep, about seven hours to go here, too.
Viking Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:56 AM   #37
WittyandorIronic

WittyandorIronic has earned our admirationWittyandorIronic has earned our admirationWittyandorIronic has earned our admirationWittyandorIronic has earned our admiration
I am freaking out. I am so excited. I went to brunch with some girlfriends - 2 just had surgery, 3 were just in Hawaii, and 1 just had an accident - and ALL I could focus on or talk about was my novel. lol. Thank God they are great friends and were enthusiastic and encouraging. One even offered some ideas and said I could call whenever I wanted to chat about the project because she thought it sounded cool.
WittyandorIronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:23 AM   #38
William Haskins
The Aristocrats!
Absolute Sage

William Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
Going for a Poe pastiche?
actually it was a line dylan thomas often said, or wrote in letters, in reference to his constant need for money and barrage of begging letters aimed at that end.

Thorn Forest: A Poem in Progress
Updated September 9, 2014

Listen to it here (also in progress)

PoisonPen.net
Online Poetry Archive

William Haskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:32 AM   #39
som1luvsmi
My brother loves me thiiis much! :)

Location: About a block away from the nuthouse...they've started sending me pamphlets.
som1luvsmi is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssom1luvsmi is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssom1luvsmi is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssom1luvsmi is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssom1luvsmi is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssom1luvsmi is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssom1luvsmi is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssom1luvsmi is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssom1luvsmi is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssom1luvsmi is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssom1luvsmi is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
About 9 hours to go.

Currently reading the Book of Enoch and making notes.

Trying to outline as best I can.

I'm so nervous and excited!!!

Quote:
"Karma's a bitch. Consider me her predecessor."

Assassin Kitteh is nobody's pet. She is a wanderer. She goes where good folks need her help. (Or where the optimal amount of mayhem can be produced.)
Do not weep for Assassin Kitteh. She rides alone...because she must.
som1luvsmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:33 AM   #40
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It's only 3 pm here... My desk is clean, I am about to ink all my fountain pens, put the new batteries in the Neo, arrange the notebook and ref materials in a ... and I just looked to the left, and I have more cleaning up to do... so I's better go....

...and I'm going to bake some cinnamon rolls!

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

bettielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:34 AM   #41
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
and I just realised... I didn't frickin' print out my outlines and notes at work! Grr! I want the computer OFFFFF! when I start... I must try and jury rig something so my black inkless printer will print...

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

bettielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:36 AM   #42
Misa Buckley
Writer of Weird Love Stories

Misa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputation
One hour, 55 minutes.

Probably not staying up until midnight though. Bit too old for all that malarky
Old 11-01-2009, 01:36 AM   #43
scarletpeaches
Banned

scarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm staying up. I probably won't sleep, for obvious reasons.
scarletpeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 01:40 AM   #44
Misa Buckley
Writer of Weird Love Stories

Misa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputationMisa Buckley has a golden reputation
Meh, yeah I can understand that.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:47 AM   #45
Skodobah

For some reason (and maybe because I am tired, have eaten too much candy, and have to take my son trick 'or' treating tonight) the Nanowrimo.org website cannot recognize me. Then I have to get a new password and start over again. What gives?

www.julieduck.com
www.twitter.com/skodobah
Old 11-01-2009, 01:49 AM   #46
scarletpeaches
Banned

scarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I signed in just fine. Everyone who added me as a buddy - I've added you all right back.

So. In an hour and three quarters I'll be all set.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:58 AM   #47
ccarver30
The Appleton House

ccarver30 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsccarver30 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsccarver30 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsccarver30 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsccarver30 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsccarver30 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsccarver30 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsccarver30 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsccarver30 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm excited and nervous. I know I'll be away past midnight but I probably won't be online... *bites nails*
ccarver30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 02:08 AM   #48
scarletpeaches
Banned

GAH!

An hour and twenty!

*goes mad*
Old 11-01-2009, 02:12 AM   #49
Paul
Banned for Trolling

Paul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletpeaches View Post
GAH!

An hour and twenty!

*goes mad*
ARRRGHHH
WHAT'S GOING ON?
WHAT??

Gramhan Norton's on so will check reply in 15 (smiley)
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 02:25 AM   #50
Cranky
I See You
SuperModerator

Cranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCranky is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Haskins View Post
actually it was a line dylan thomas often said, or wrote in letters, in reference to his constant need for money and barrage of begging letters aimed at that end.
Gotcha. I'm (obviously) not terribly familiar with Dylan Thomas. I know, I know, the blasphemey of it all!

I have heard that before, I realize now that you've explained, but it wasn't something I could call immediately to mind. And being someone who likes to dabble in the macbre, the "ravens" bit leapt out at me. One track mind, what can I say?

Oh, and since it *is* Halloween, I believe I'll post this, just because. And yes, I saw another version at AuthorScoop first.

OTOH, it did give me a bit of an idea, so thanks for that! Six hours and counting. Or is it seven? Stupid time change. *wanders away, muttering*

An exceptional poem that you really should read, by AW's own William Haskins:

Thorn Forest: A Poem In Progress
Cranky is offline   Reply With Quote