• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sylvia Hayse Literary Agency, LLC

WmHopper

Registered
Reaction score
Hi folks.

Anyone here have any info on or exp. with Sylvia Hayse Literary Agency? I have a referral to them and wish to query, but wanted to get some background before doing so. A search here found nothing, but this may be because she is best known as a foreign rights agent.

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

jsouders

Registered
Reaction score
This according to Editor's and Preditors: "Sylvia Hayse Literary Agency: $ A literary agency. Further info unknown. Agent may now be with" the rest was cut off.

I've looked everywhere else and can't even find a web page for her. Sorry I wasn't more helpful.

AshElizabeth

Registered
Reaction score
hmmm.. .

who recommended her? that may help me search.

WmHopper

Registered
Reaction score
Recc. by another agent who reps me in Italy/France: Daniele Doglioli

banko45

Registered
Reaction score
Beyond Words Publications (merged into Sylvia Hayse thread in B&BC)

To send a Query to Beyond Words, their Website says, "We are not accepting any unsolicited queries or proposals, and recommend that all authors work with a Literary Agent in submitting their work." One of the agents I believe already works with Beyond Words is Sylvia Hayes in Eugene, Oregon. But I have not been able to correctly Google Sylvia Hayes Literary Agency to get her address and/or email address.
Hence, two questions:

1. Does anyone out there have other suggestions for Literary Agents who already work with Beyond Words? and
  2. Anyone have contact details for Syliva Hayes Literary Agency?
Thanks, T.E.Banker

DerekJager

Registered
Reaction score
Hi T.E.

If I understand your questions, you want to submit something to Beyond Words but they only accept agented work. ANY agent will submit your work to the appropriate publisher, so your first goal is to get an agent. (It doesn't matter if it's Sylvia Hayes or Joe Schmoe--if Beyond Words is the right publisher, your manuscript will be sent there.)

But first, you need an agent.

If for some reason you really want to contact Sylvia, she SHOULD come up on a Google search. Or try calling information for Eugene,OR. Or call Beyond Books and just ask them about Sylvia--call them at 503-531-8700.

Most agents are easy to find on the Internet unless they are super exclusive or....not really legit.

Good luck!

banko45

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for that Derek!
The reason I sent this through AbsoluteWrite is because I've been Googling <silvia hayes literary agency>, <sylvia hayes>, <"sylvia hayes" "eugene oregon"> and so on...but can't find her anywhere.
I live in Bangkok, so the time zones don't work to easily call Beyond Words in the States. For this new book, since Agent Rita Rozenkranz suggested Beyond Words (but didn't know them and wasn't interested to work with me), I've already sent out Queries (asking if they will submit to Beyond Words) to probably 15 other relevant agents I found Online.
So, I'm hoping someone here at the AbsoluteWrite Cooler can find some more specific details about Ms. Hayes and/or any other agents who already work with Beyond Words.

DerekJager

Registered
Reaction score
Here's the info you wanted, T.E.
------
Offers and rights inquiries on all children's books and backlist titles published prior to Fall 2006 can be directed to:

Sylvia Hayse
Foreign Licensing Agent
[email protected]
541-404-3127
--

You can email her. Turns out she works for Beyond Books and I found her at there foreign rights sites.

http://www.beyondword.com/foreign_rights

Good luck!

banko45

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Derek, you're the Man!
And, thanks so much for that!!!
Strange that she actually WORKS for Beyond Words, because the only place I've found her mentioned from Google, she shows up as Sylvia Hayes Literary Agency.
Whatever, many thanks for your help. I'm emailing her right after I send this.
Cheers, Tom

DerekJager

Registered
Reaction score
Glad I could help, Tom -- what WOULD we do without the Internet or "The Google!"

Keep us posted!

banko45

Registered
Reaction score
Other Metaphysical or Mind, Body & Spirit Agents/Pulishers?

Hey Derek,
To keep you posted, Sylvia Hayse replied as follows:
"Dear Tom, thank you for sending the query. After careful consideration I am sorry to say that this project does not suit Beyond Words list. They don't do full color books anymore and the topic is just not right for them. Thank you for submitting the material and I wish you good luck to find another publisher."
Derek, the book I am Querying can be seen at http://www.agt-gems.com/AAGT-ENG.pdf
By any chance do you have suggestions for the right Agent or Publisher who might be interested?
Thanks, Tom

banko45

Registered
Reaction score
Mind, Body & Spirit Literary Agents?

Thanks for that Derek!
I had already Queried Lisa Hagan at Paraview.com on December 22nd, but still no reply (not surprising in light of the Holidays).
But your list of Mind, Body & Spirit Publishers is excellent! Since most of the Publishing Houses want an Agent intermediary, now I'll Google mind, body & spirit/agents.
Meanwhile, Ms. Hayse replied to me and also suggested Natural Healing Press http://www.naturalhealingpress.com/, which doesn't show on the link you sent me.
If anyone else out there at Absolute Write locates a good Mind, Body & Spirit literary agent, I'm ready to Query them.
Thanks Again,
Tom

authorgirl1485

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
From what I've seen, she's legit. Usually people post something if they got scammed.

banko45

Registered
Reaction score
Literary Agent For Non-Fiction Treatise On Sidereal/Planetary Gemology?

Hello All,
Originally this Thread started asking about how to contact Sylvia Hayes.
With Mr. Derek Jaeger's help, I finally got my Query for "Ancient Astral-Gemstone Talismans II" out to her, thank you again, Derek.
But, as stunning as this book is, she said Beyond Words no longer publishes books with gorgeous images. Unbelievably, Llewellen also did not go for my query. I've also queried most of the Agents and/or Publishers in [FONT=&quot]Deborah Levine Herman’s Spiritual Writing book, without any success.
It looks to me like Hay House Publishing might be interested...if I can find an Agent who works with them.
Do any of you out there at Absolute Write know of an Agent who works with Hay House?
Thanks,
[/FONT]