Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 01:58 AM   #7751
BeatrixKiddo
Is it summer yet???

BeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good afternoon miss Maryn, and all. (Those chairs have to fall sometime.)

Still not done with chapter 8...but I will finish before the week is done. I can just feel it.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #7752
Komnena
In Honor of Peter Tomich,USS Utah

Komnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Happy leap year everyone!

Old 02-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #7753
Maryn
Yes, Wine Was Involved
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Same to you, and to all!

I think I'll ask Mr. Maryn to marry me today. I've finally worked up the nerve.

On another subject, we had ourselves a laugh this morning. I asked how he was, and he said he had a bit of a headache. I suggested taking something now, heading it off before it got any worse. Since he rarely gets headaches, he wasn't sure what he should take. I recommended the Excedrin. He finds it, and can't read the instructions. The print on the bottle is so tiny he can't even find the dosage part. After some effort, we locate a magnifying glass that came with the OED and even with that, it's hard to read. What a lot of bother, huh? It's all the warnings they have to put on the bottle itself, not the enclosures in the box, I bet.

Maryn, no headache so far
, an irregular blog
The Occasional Tweet
Old 03-01-2012, 12:35 AM   #7754
Russ Mars
Peace, Man!

Russ Mars leaves trails of profuse coolnessRuss Mars leaves trails of profuse coolnessRuss Mars leaves trails of profuse coolnessRuss Mars leaves trails of profuse coolnessRuss Mars leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryn View Post

I think I'll ask Mr. Maryn to marry me today. I've finally worked up the nerve.
Aw, I'd love to know more. Or is this a little joke somehow related to today being Leap Year that I'm missing?

Russ, a romantic and perhaps a bit obtuse.

WIP Charlotte--A Novel
Click the link to my blog if you'd like to read how it all began.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:38 AM   #7755
BeatrixKiddo
Is it summer yet???

BeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I agree. The writing is way too small on some medicine bottles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komnena View Post
Happy leap year everyone!

I just wanted an excuse to use all these. (thanks K)

Shoot, that reminds me. I need to mail your books out!
I promise, I'll do that soon.
Old 03-01-2012, 03:16 AM   #7756
Maryn
Yes, Wine Was Involved
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It's a Leap Day thing, Russ. I needed a bit of silliness to counter a glum stretch, so I made it my very own self.

Maryn, better now
, an irregular blog
The Occasional Tweet
Old 03-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #7757
BeatrixKiddo
Is it summer yet???

HAPPY THURSDAY

Random images for the day...

Old 03-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #7758
Komnena

Komnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKomnena is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning y'all.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #7759
Maryn
Yes, Wine Was Involved
AW Moderator

Good morning, House of Love.

Komnena, how's your friend who had the stroke doing? I hope there's continued improvement.

Beatrix, I love some of those pictures--and the new avatar, too. You rock!

I have an editor nudging me to complete something so he can see it. How cool is that? Pretty cool, that's how cool.

And I just balanced my checkbook, which I don't do as often as I should, and here it is the first of the month and I still have money. Woo-hoo! Not a lot of money, but enough that I can go to that one liquor store and see if they carry that one wine I like. (Why doesn't every manufacturer have a place on its website where I can click on a product and find local stores that it?)

Maryn, pretty demanding
, an irregular blog
The Occasional Tweet
Old 03-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #7760
Komnena

Roomie has been walking some.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #7761
Russ Mars
Peace, Man!

Russ Mars leaves trails of profuse coolnessRuss Mars leaves trails of profuse coolnessRuss Mars leaves trails of profuse coolnessRuss Mars leaves trails of profuse coolnessRuss Mars leaves trails of profuse coolness
Komnena, that's good news. Glad to hear it!

WIP Charlotte--A Novel
Click the link to my blog if you'd like to read how it all began.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #7762
Komnena

Yawn. Stretch. The Weather Channel is doing horror movies today.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #7763
Maryn
Yes, Wine Was Involved
AW Moderator

Walking? Excellent. Sounds like there will be substantial recovery.

Man, the weather... crazy! I was heartened at the story on last night's news about the population of this tornado-devastated town tripling as people arrived to help, bringing work clothes and gloves, front-loaders and trucks, or setting up free food and water stations, child care, etc. Sometimes the basic decency of people is deeply moving. And then they got to the next news item on Rush Limbaugh...

Maryn, wondering if there's more coffee
, an irregular blog
The Occasional Tweet
Old 03-03-2012, 12:47 AM   #7764
Komnena

There is a monstrous storm in southern Indiana. It's supposedly a quarter mile across.God help them.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:55 AM   #7765
Maryn
Yes, Wine Was Involved
AW Moderator

Thank god most of the houses and office buildings there have basements--but the warning system is outdated.

Maryn, worried for people in harm's way
, an irregular blog
The Occasional Tweet
Old 03-03-2012, 02:21 AM   #7766
Komnena

There are reports one small Indiana town has been destroyed. Anyone heard from tj?

Old 03-03-2012, 02:26 AM   #7767
BeatrixKiddo
Is it summer yet???

Glad to hear about roomie, K.

But not glad to hear about the new impending storms coming.

We're getting more snow here, hopefully no funnel clouds.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:39 AM   #7768
Komnena

It promises to be a long night. Louisville has fared much better than southern Indiana. Five dead. There is no more Marysville Indiana.Henryville Indiana has suffered massive destruction.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #7769
Komnena

I can relax and get some sleep thanks to the cold front.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #7770
mario_c
Look deep into her brain...

mario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I know of one AWer, Triceratops, said he was in the zone. I sent him a PM to wish him well. Yet another reason to never move to the Midwest.
Hope everyone is having a better weekend.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #7771
Komnena

Have you heard from Triceratops?

Old 03-03-2012, 08:10 PM   #7772
Maryn
Yes, Wine Was Involved
AW Moderator

Member Aggy B said tornadoes touched down within eight miles of her, but that she's okay. LittleRedBarn reported heeding the warning sirens yesterday, but all was well there.

Such tragedy these winds are causing. Everybody in the danger area pay attention to all the warning information you can get, okay?

We've got high wind warnings, advice to do no unnecessary travel and to know where emergency supplies and light sources are located. Gusts to 70 will take down trees, and some of them will undoubtedly knock down power lines. Since we wouldn't be deeply impacted, with our oil lamps and fireplace, it probably won't happen to us. I've told a few friends to check with us if they lose power, because we've got empty guest rooms and a case of wine.

Maryn, perfect hostess
, an irregular blog
The Occasional Tweet
Old 03-04-2012, 04:55 AM   #7773
Komnena

It is a gorgeous day today. You wouldn't know to look at the sky there was so much death and destruction yesterday.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #7774
Maryn
Yes, Wine Was Involved
AW Moderator

We have some stiff wind and light snow, but nothing like yesterday. To me, any time the wind shakes the house badly enough that the water level in the toilets drops, that's too much wind.

Mr. Maryn and I are going to the theatre tonight to see "A Raisin in the Sun." I'm looking forward to it. I've never seen it on stage, and barely remember the movie. I do like that our local theatre stages plays which focus on the black experience in the US, but it saddens me to see almost no black faces in the audience. I understand unsold tickets are cheap, similar to the cost of a movie, the day of the performance, but those seats stay empty. I guess it has no appeal to the people I think ought to be there.

Maryn, who'd like to see teens in those seats
, an irregular blog
The Occasional Tweet
Old 03-05-2012, 12:56 AM   #7775
mario_c
Look deep into her brain...

mario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I saw the Raisin In The Sun movie in high school - with a mostly black audience, natch (just saying). It was interesting as a snapshot of a long ago time, but I don't know how relevant or exciting it would feel to modern day teenagers of any color. We've gone from that to Tyler Perry in a few years' time.
Closed Thread