Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Blogging and Social Networking > AW Blog Reviews
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
DianaFlori
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

DianaFlori is on a distinguished road
Smile It still need to be let out to pee!--new blog!

I'm finding that although my scene is in my head, it still needs to be let out to pee, so to speak, just like Greta, my dog. This morning, I had to corral my 23 year-old-son, who was eating his three waffles before dashing off to the University and work, to sit and listen to me. I have been stuck on Chapter Five of my new novel since July. Finally, last night I had come up with a brilliant end to the scene, an all out fight between the hero and the villain, and I couldn’t wait to read it to anyone who’d listen. I'm shameless that way.
“Does this sound right to you?” I asked him, referring to the body movements between the two characters.
He rolled his eyes with a pained expression on his face. I knew this all sounded ridiculous to him, but he humored me along. Suddenly, the phone rang.
My friend Maggie Dove, also a writer and a member of our critique group, wanted to chat. She’s had no problem whipping out ten pages this week of her new novel and I was very jealous.
“I can’t,” I tell her. “I’m going over the fight scene.”
“Again? Okay, talk to you later.”
I turned back to my son and a second later the phone rang again. This time it was my daughter, who is usually frazzled and short on time.
“What’s up?” she asked, as my son picks up the phone.
My son tells her, with a not so slight hint of sarcasm, that we are otherwise occupied and can’t talk.
“Can’t I help?” she asked.
“Yes, yes,” I called out, forgetting my wounded pride for her temporary disinterest. (She’s actually a fantastic editor, plotter and writer)
As we discuss and act out the moves, I realize my brilliance has lost its sparkle. What was I thinking? How come I didn’t see this? It’s only 8:00 in the morning, but I can tell the rest of the day is going to go all wrong--like my scene.
“No, mom, maybe if the heroine says this…or the hero does that…or they settle their differences another way…”
Yeah! Wow! I can see it all now.
What would I do without them???
Old 09-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #2
veinglory
volitare nequeo
AW Moderator

veinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Um. I am not sure what this post is about? Do you have a blog?
Old 09-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #3
DianaFlori
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

DianaFlori is on a distinguished road
It still needs to be let out to pee

Hi Veinglory, yes i do have a blog at WRDF http://romancewriterandreader.ning.c...ile/dianaflori. Sorry for the late response but I hadn't seen it untilnow. The pee part refers to my needing to sound something out, airing out, so to speak. My friend didn't get it either. Oh well! Thanks for looking.
Old 09-07-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
veinglory
volitare nequeo
AW Moderator

veinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My question is because this is an area to discuss our blogs, other blogs. For general chat you might want to try the "office party" subforum.