Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > AW Writing Lab > Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #6251
Chris P
Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred

Chris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
6251. I considered trolling the newbies thread and telling them counting is a good way to get their 50 posts so they can post in SYW.

Click here to see a video of my two years in Uganda with the Peace Corps

Resingled Needs another round of betas. Interested?
Nyasaland Undergoing major repairs.
WIP: Cloak of Iron. WWI Sci-fi. It's got tanks. And holograms. 43,000 words.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:59 PM   #6252
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

KellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
6252 The ones that come looking for us, are the ones we want. =)

Literary & Misfit Writers Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
I'd say I got off lightly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post
For Kelly, and others seeking soft asylum.
"It is only the large subjects and the big, sweeping themes that make cheap sentences possible." -Cleo Birdwell

Tears are peanut & helplessness.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #6253
Chris P

Chris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChris P is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
6253. That's right!

Old 02-03-2011, 04:00 PM   #6254
Chris P

6254. Besides, trolling for newbies seemed a bit crass, even for me.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:01 PM   #6255
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

KellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
6255 Oh to be a newbie again...

Quote:
Quote:
"It is only the large subjects and the big, sweeping themes that make cheap sentences possible." -Cleo Birdwell

Old 02-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #6256
Chris P

6256. A spare account can make that happen.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #6257
Chris P

6257. Not here, but I considered that for a different forum. But then I figured a new account wouldn't make the forum fresh again, so I just stopped going.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #6258
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

6258 I think I have a whole 2 posts in the newbie forum,
apparently I dived right in =)

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #6259
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

6259 You know... considering some of the newbie forum trollers I know now... I'm kinda glad I didn't hang out much in there!

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #6260
Chris P

6260. I did the whole "Hi! I'm new lol" post and then went to QLH.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #6261
Chris P

6261. It took me a while to find where I fit here.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #6262
Chris P

62 62 Opps. Corrected the mistakes above. Let's not jump back 1000!

Old 02-03-2011, 04:14 PM   #6263
Chris P

6263. I still greet newbies from time to time.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #6264
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

6264 I can't say I greet newbies, but between the OP, the Misfit & Lit Writer's group and everything I do in Lit SYW... I help a lot of them =)

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #6265
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #6266
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #6267
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-03-2011, 04:55 PM   #6268
Chris P

6268. I should spend more time in SYW. I learn a lot doing crits.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:02 PM   #6269
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

6269 same here, suddenly the structure becomes so apparent.

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #6270
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #6271
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #6272
Chris P

Old 02-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #6273
Chris P

6273. I have a new children's story for the February SYW writing prompt, but it's on the other computer so I can't post it until tonight.

Old 02-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #6274
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

6274 - so there! =P

Quote:
Quote:

Old 02-03-2011, 05:10 PM   #6275
Chris P

6275. I never thought of myself as a children's story writer, but these are fun. Who knows? Maybe it'll turn into something.

Closed Thread