Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Western
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #12501
NinaK
On the Beach

NinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
I believe he does unspeakable things to them.
*tap, kick, turn*

Oh, he uses sign language...

impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
don't make me mod you, nina.
NinaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:51 PM   #12502
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJ View Post
A few years back, we had sheep and they lambed late March, early April. We rented some of our land to a local farmer, and his calves usually hit the ground in April - but it was in Iowa and a lot cooler than where you are.

So do you castrate and ear tag them?
Not until branding. That's usually in June. Old timers used to do it when they were yearlings.
CDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:02 PM   #12503
KatieJ
I think I'm back....

KatieJ is a glorious beacon of lightKatieJ is a glorious beacon of lightKatieJ is a glorious beacon of light
So you have nothing to do these days, right?

Maybe we should figure out what Greg is up to, what with all that staggering around with blood all over him....

KatieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #12504
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Nope. Not much, until the fields dry up enough to get out in them.

Last edited by CDaniel; 04-21-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:25 AM   #12505
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I was attacked. Attacked, I say!

Haggis sic'ed a pack of little chainsaws with paws on me. I think I outran the little devils though.
FOTSGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:45 AM   #12506
Wicked
Outcast Rogue

Wicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I was thinking if we ever needed to liven up the saloon, we could invite this guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MhZj...eature=related

But looking around, I'm not sure he could compete.

Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 04:49 AM   #12507
KatieJ
I think I'm back....

KatieJ is a glorious beacon of lightKatieJ is a glorious beacon of lightKatieJ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOTSGreg View Post
I was attacked. Attacked, I say!

Haggis sic'ed a pack of little chainsaws with paws on me. I think I outran the little devils though.
A pack of chainsaws with paws - are you talking about his pups?

KatieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:09 AM   #12508
Puma
Retired and loving it!

Puma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPuma is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Beware! Stranger wandering into the saloon. Looking for the demon that wandered out of Miss Kitty Sunday. I done read all about it in that there story posted in SYW - suckered me in thinking it was about hunger. But now I'm out looking for the demon. Nasty one!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #12509
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yes, Katy. Don't let their cute little faces or silly costumes fool ya'. They're demons on four paws.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #12510
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Someone call for a demon?

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #12511
regdog
All Hail Starscream
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That is just wrong on every level

My Blog-Updated on 8/22/14 Same Place Different Time

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #12512
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Not if you're a demon too.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #12513
regdog
All Hail Starscream
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah, I think even then

Old 04-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #12514
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

I missed Reg!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #12515
regdog
All Hail Starscream
AW Moderator

I'm hoping to be back in the fold by next week.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:28 AM   #12516
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm a demon, he's a demon, don'cha wanna be a demon too?

*tickles the ivories with a feather duster*
Old 04-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #12517
regdog
All Hail Starscream
AW Moderator

Don't encourage him.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:38 AM   #12518
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Hmmm, encouraging Haggis...

I think Beggin' Strips might do the trick...
Old 04-25-2012, 02:49 AM   #12519
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Reg, check out this link.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/...ron-activision
Old 04-25-2012, 07:09 AM   #12520
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

Reg was here and I was out. WHY?!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #12521
regdog
All Hail Starscream
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOTSGreg View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDaniel View Post
Reg was here and I was out. WHY?!
The universe is conspiring against us

Old 04-26-2012, 02:46 AM   #12522
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

A copy of my western parody short story "Showdown" sold on Amazon sometime in the last 24 hours. Its current ranking is just over 146k. Another big "Thank you" to my readers.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #12523
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

Good job, Greg!
Old 04-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #12524
L.J.
Liza Jane Doesn't Live Here Anymore

L.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL.J. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This is Friday night. (Okay, Saturday morning.) Shouldn't this saloon be opened until at least 2 am?
L.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #12525
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Heck, people wander in and out of here at such odd hours one would think they owned the place.