Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Western
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #12301
regdog
All Hail Starscream
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
Oy! I've been busted.
Actually, you've been Airachnid

My Blog-Updated on 8/22/14 Same Place Different Time

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:22 PM   #12302
Wicked
Outcast Rogue

Wicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by regdog View Post
Actually, you've been Airachnid

Aha! I knew it was a Decepticon. Del didn't think so, because she couldn't see any emblem.

Greg? If you say poisonous venom again, I'm going to bop you on the head with my fictional novel.

Wicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #12303
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
POISONOUS venom!

So there.

Ha!

Okay, all right, their venom is poisonous. Is that better? Maybe I should say they inject a toxic substance comprised of enzymes which inhibit certain biological functions...
FOTSGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:27 AM   #12304
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOTSGreg View Post
POISONOUS venom!

So there.

Ha!
*spit*

I'm sorry, sir, but you're going to have to come with me.

*spit*

You're under arrest detention.

*spit*

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:36 AM   #12305
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
What? Arrest and detention? Or arrested detention?

Is that anything like arrested attention? Or detentioned arrest?

You can't arrest me, Marshal. I'm the preacher! What'll folks say?

Can I have a drink before I go?
Old 04-04-2012, 12:49 AM   #12306
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
What? Arrest and detention? Or arrested detention?

Is that anything like arrested attention? Or detentioned arrest?

You can't arrest me, Marshal. I'm the preacher! What'll folks say?

Can I have a drink before I go?
*folks has heard of Jimmy Swaggart. Folks has heard of Jim and Tammy Bakker. Hell, folks has even heard about Aimee Semple McPhereson. One more ain't no thang*

*spit*

Go ahead though. Have that last drink. In fact I think I'll join ya.

Beertender? A bar fer me and my friend here.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 04-04-2012, 02:32 AM   #12307
regdog
All Hail Starscream
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You can have a beer Marshal but we don't serves prisoners. They drink too much and no one pays.

Old 04-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #12308
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Drat! But what'll I do in the meantime?

<pulls bottle from black frock coat, loosens starched white collar, takes long pull off bottle>

Ahhhh...

<sets bottle on bar, makes run for door>
Old 04-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #12309
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

*sends spider with poisonous venom after FG*

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 04-04-2012, 07:15 AM   #12310
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

<shoots venomous spider in head, sprints for saloon doors, pauses...>

<hock, cough, spit, wipes on frock coat sleeve, slings excess at spittoon>

<resumes sprinting>
Old 04-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #12311
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Where is everyone?
CDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:29 PM   #12312
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDaniel View Post
Where is everyone?
I'm at the ball game. Where are you?

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 04-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #12313
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

The bar - I mean, my writing place.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #12314
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
I'm at the ball game. Where are you?
The ball game. We have a baseball team and a field to go with it?
Old 04-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #12315
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Well, Dan, you make it sound complicated. A couple sticks of wood, a ball, a few sandbags, and a field. Heck, we could play in the street if'n it weren't fer all the busted winders we'd have t' pays fer.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:05 AM   #12316
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Yep.

*spit*

General Doubleday'll be gettin' another game together pretty soon if'n y'all want to play.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 04-07-2012, 04:15 AM   #12317
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

Alright. I'm game.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:05 AM   #12318
Wicked
Outcast Rogue

Wicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDaniel View Post
Alright. I'm game.

Great. When does hunting season open?

Old 04-07-2012, 06:12 AM   #12319
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

If'n y'all didn't hear, it appears I am back among the gainfully employed starting Monday at 8am as a tech writer for a hydraulic parts manufacturer in Tulsa, all of about 8 miles from my house by surface street. Starting pay is $15/hr and the job could go permanent after 90 days. That pay ain't chicken feed 'round these here parts.

Seven months out of work, six months on unemployment (I think I had 1-2 weeks left on state before having to apply for the Tier 1 federal EUC benefits), and now on the cusp of roaring back to just under a pay level I was at out at LBNL and better than anything I've had in Oklahoma thus far.

Now, if I can just get my car registered and keep it going until I can get my DL fixed with California and here, life will be good again. I might even be able to get my cable turned back on, catch up on my rent and electricity, and pay for my prescriptions. Heck, there might even be money for new glasses along the way.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:55 AM   #12320
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Baby steps, Greg. Great news, indeed. But baby steps. Do they have Albuterol in the 1800s?

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 04-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #12321
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

No albuterol, no. They tended to use cocaine.

So, a coked out of his gourd, asthmatic old preacher who wanders around town mumbling incoherent words from an ancient book, painting weird symbol on walls and floors, and drinking too much while scribbling in another book. Yup, that's me round these parts.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #12322
regdog
All Hail Starscream
AW Moderator

Quote:
If'n y'all didn't hear, it appears I am back among the gainfully employed starting Monday at 8am as a tech writer for a hydraulic parts manufacturer in Tulsa, all of about 8 miles from my house by surface street. Starting pay is $15/hr and the job could go permanent after 90 days. That pay ain't chicken feed 'round these here parts.

Seven months out of work, six months on unemployment (I think I had 1-2 weeks left on state before having to apply for the Tier 1 federal EUC benefits), and now on the cusp of roaring back to just under a pay level I was at out at LBNL and better than anything I've had in Oklahoma thus far.

Now, if I can just get my car registered and keep it going until I can get my DL fixed with California and here, life will be good again. I might even be able to get my cable turned back on, catch up on my rent and electricity, and pay for my prescriptions. Heck, there might even be money for new glasses along the way.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #12323
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Thanks, Reg. By my calculations I'll be pulling down close to $2k net (based on Single 2 Federal+State weekly deductions) per month which means, when I get paid in 2 weeks, the drinks are on me!

Turned in all the final paperwork today. I won't get paid for the first week (well, I will, but it will be included in the 2nd week's check), but thereafter the pay is weekly on Fridays direct deposited to a Visa debit card (available by the following Tuesday at the latest, but I've never seen it take anywhere near that long).

Maybe I could even save a couple of bucks?

Naw... Soon as I start thinking that way the Feds are gonna' jack me up for something they claim I owe from 20 years ago or something.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:40 AM   #12324
Tiz_Mee
iz bossy . . .

Tiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
Great. When does hunting season open?
Thought was already here. Preacher been takin aim at leggy things.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:15 AM   #12325
Wicked
Outcast Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiz_Mee View Post
Thought was already here. Preacher been takin aim at leggy things.

Yes, I was sad witness to the blasphemy. I figure a reckoning is about due. But that's a task better left for another day. I'm not fully back to health just yet.

In the meantime I'm listening to my husband try to convince our offspring to go pick all the dandelions, so he can make some wine. I hope he doesn't mean to try and cure me with it.