Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Western
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2012, 12:09 AM   #11376
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDaniel View Post
And you would say something like that...why?
'Cause I ain't right.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Stewie Meets the Cabbies and the Old Farts
Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #11377
Tiz_Mee
iz bossy . . .

Tiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Howdy do, CDaniel? Remember me?
Old 02-26-2012, 01:27 AM   #11378
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
remind me
CDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:42 AM   #11379
Tiz_Mee
iz bossy . . .

Tiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTiz_Mee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Too too many hoedowns have taken place since my absence, I suppose. Tiz, alright.

*pours Dan a drink*
Old 02-26-2012, 01:45 AM   #11380
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*takes the drink from Tizzy *

My memory ain't all gone.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:49 AM   #11381
Tiz_Mee
iz bossy . . .

Old 02-26-2012, 01:53 AM   #11382
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

It seems like a long time since I've had a drink with you
Old 02-26-2012, 02:03 AM   #11383
Tiz_Mee
iz bossy . . .

Well, that's because it's been so long that there's dust on this here bottle. But it's just as good, if not better.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:10 AM   #11384
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

Well I sure hope you plan sticking around these here parts for awhile.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:13 AM   #11385
Tiz_Mee
iz bossy . . .

I'll be around town for awhile. Until the wind changes.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:23 AM   #11386
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

What're you, Marry Poppins?
Old 02-26-2012, 02:24 AM   #11387
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
'Cause I ain't right.
Everyone knows that
Old 02-26-2012, 02:40 AM   #11388
Tiz_Mee
iz bossy . . .

Quote:
What're you, Marry Poppins?
No, wrong movie. I'm the nun turned wrong by the sexy rich guy.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:43 AM   #11389
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

I wouldn't say that to loud around here with these horn dogs.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:45 AM   #11390
Tiz_Mee
iz bossy . . .

Quote:
I wouldn't say that to loud around here with these horn dogs.
shhh. ok. I noticed the picture of the one up there with it's teeth bared.
Old 02-26-2012, 02:50 AM   #11391
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

That's the one to really watch out for. He clams to be the Marshal round these parts
Old 02-26-2012, 02:56 AM   #11392
Tiz_Mee
iz bossy . . .

Quote:
That's the one to really watch out for. He clams to be the Marshal round these parts
The winds picking up, time to pick up my skirts and high-tail it out of here. Catch you next time through......"and your little dog too" hahaha
Old 02-27-2012, 01:16 AM   #11393
Literateparakeet
Nerdy Budgie

Literateparakeet leaves trails of profuse coolnessLiterateparakeet leaves trails of profuse coolnessLiterateparakeet leaves trails of profuse coolnessLiterateparakeet leaves trails of profuse coolnessLiterateparakeet leaves trails of profuse coolness
Hey ya'll I posted something short in Historical Fiction SYW...it's set in the Gold Rush so it was a toss up whether to post it there or here.

If you have a minute, would you swing by and tell me what you think? It's a mere 500 words, and I just want to know if the voice works.

Yep, it was the Western contest that inspired me in this direction! (Thanks Harry!)

Oh..almost forgot...here's the link to make it nice and easy.

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/show...11#post7044711

Website/Blog
Twitter
Facebook

Touching His Robe: is available now. The link will take you to my book website.
Literateparakeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #11394
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
'Cause I ain't right.
QFT.

Also QFFU. ... That's "Quoted for future use."

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
slcboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #11395
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
QFT.

Also QFFU. ... That's "Quoted for future use."

*pages through Mabel's Mutton Cookbook*

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 02-27-2012, 09:14 PM   #11396
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
'Cause I ain't right.

I'm don't think truer words have ever been written.

Find my books on Smashwords at https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/fotsgreg
Find my books on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/G.W.-Ellis/e/B...805&sr=1-2-ent
WIPs: Dark Horizons, Hivers, The Bar, Gated
FOTSGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:03 PM   #11397
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

All that talk about marble cake for haggis' neck-tie party, I had to go out and get one from the store yesterday.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:54 PM   #11398
NinaK
On the Beach

NinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*scratches neck*

*goes out to talk to Dan's horse*

Do you know where cowboy keeps the marbles so I can finish this dern cake?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
don't make me mod you, nina.

Last edited by NinaK; 02-28-2012 at 03:37 AM.
NinaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:38 AM   #11399
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
He done lost 'em last time I heard.

Find my books on Smashwords at https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/fotsgreg
Find my books on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/G.W.-Ellis/e/B...805&sr=1-2-ent
WIPs: Dark Horizons, Hivers, The Bar, Gated
FOTSGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:12 AM   #11400
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
All that talk about marble cake for haggis' neck-tie party, I had to go out and get one from the store yesterday.
Necktie party? I mean, it's not like I didn't fix your horse's flat.

Stewie the Chihuey