Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Western
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #11151
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
Stop calling me hairy. I told you. It's a condition.
I didn't think you'd know what hirsute meant.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:47 PM   #11152
Shadow_Ferret
Ride 'em, Cowferret!

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
What about her suit? I thInk it looks attractive.

“I love words but I don’t like strange ones. You don’t understand them and they don’t understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know ‘em the minute you see ‘em.” -- Will Rogers

"Blame it on my ADD, baby." -- AWOLNATION
Shadow_Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:07 AM   #11153
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
CDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:55 AM   #11154
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Come on, Dan, Ferret. Git workin' on that there crossword puzzle that ferriner done put up for us. Don't make me cart y'all off to jail.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 01-21-2012, 07:20 AM   #11155
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Nuh, uh. Not me. I shun crosswords like Haggis shuns soap & water.

Find my books on Smashwords at https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/fotsgreg
Find my books on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/G.W.-Ellis/e/B...805&sr=1-2-ent
WIPs: Dark Horizons, Hivers, The Bar, Gated
FOTSGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #11156
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

I washed onest. Back in '43 as I recall.

It was a dark and stormy day. Suddenly a shot rang out.

Then I washed.

But if you get one down or acrost, I'll back off the pressure.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 01-21-2012, 07:51 AM   #11157
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm with Greg on this one.

Seriously though, I've had a look at it and I'm trying okay.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #11158
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDaniel View Post
I'm with Greg on this one.

Seriously though, I've had a look at it and I'm trying okay.
That's all I'm asking, pard.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 01-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #11159
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You shun soap and water???

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
parumpdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #11160
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by parumpdragon View Post
You shun soap and water???
In '43 I was easy.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 01-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #11161
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

You mean that nasty smell, it was you all this time.

I thought it was that rotten barrel of lard in the cellar.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #11162
regdog
All Hail Starscream
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
Come on, Dan, Ferret. Git workin' on that there crossword puzzle that ferriner done put up for us. Don't make me cart y'all off to jail.
I hate to admit this, but I tried that crossword. Not a good result. My stupid is showing.

My Blog-Updated on 8/22/14 Same Place Different Time

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #11163
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

Reg. You ain't stupid.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:27 PM   #11164
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Yeah. I think Harry wrote teh dang crossword thingy in British or some other language.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 01-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #11165
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That is a reasonable assumption.

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
parumpdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #11166
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm afraid I'm too stupid to "get" the clues. No. 1 Down doesn't make any sense to me at all (or didn't last night).

I blame the beer.

Find my books on Smashwords at https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/fotsgreg
Find my books on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/G.W.-Ellis/e/B...805&sr=1-2-ent
WIPs: Dark Horizons, Hivers, The Bar, Gated
FOTSGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:06 PM   #11167
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

Yep. The clues have got me stumped. Then again, I'm really not good at crossword puzzles to begin with.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #11168
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

I think Harry's trying to get back at us for the Revolutionary War.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 01-22-2012, 12:42 AM   #11169
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

I knew it!
Old 01-22-2012, 12:49 AM   #11170
regdog
All Hail Starscream
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Damn, Englishmen.

Old 01-22-2012, 12:59 AM   #11171
regdog
All Hail Starscream
AW Moderator

Isn't there something wrong that the Western Saloon lost in a Western themed crossword puzzle contest. Isn't there something you can do, Marshal?

Old 01-22-2012, 01:10 AM   #11172
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

There's reg! Get her!

*ropes and hog-ties her*

Old 01-22-2012, 04:47 AM   #11173
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

I suppose I could arrest Harry.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 01-22-2012, 06:49 AM   #11174
HarryHoskins
Straw-fed

HarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*offers hands he nicked off a mannequin and keeps real hands behind his back*

You need not mean what you say, but you must say what you mean - Afrit
HarryHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:54 AM   #11175
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Well, hell's bells. Ain't gonna be no arrestin' tonight. The western forum won the contest.

Ms. reg, drinks are on me for the rest of the night.

*slips reg cray's American Express, even though they haven't invented them yet*

Keep 'em flowin'.

*spit*

Stewie the Chihuey