Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Western
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2011, 05:13 AM   #10526
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This saloon is in Texas? When was it moved to Texas? I always kinda thought it might be in Kansas--possibly Colorado.

And don't take that shootin' personal. We all pretty much shoot each other all the time here, 'ceptin fer the women folk. They beat us down with cold, hard stares.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Haggis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:21 AM   #10527
bkendall
practical experience, FTW

bkendall is well-respected
Quote:
Originally Posted by parumpdragon View Post
Oh right, this is 1876 in Texas - right.

There you go, Haggis. I don't forget much I see. As long as I got my eyes open, that is.

It's ok. Just call me bk.

Don't confuse me with facts, my mind's already made up!-Ralph Waldo Emerson

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.-Albert Einstein
bkendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:27 AM   #10528
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You mean PD moved us to Texas when I wasn't paying attention?

PD? You got some 'splainin' to do.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 10-10-2011, 06:21 AM   #10529
Shadow_Ferret
Did I do that?

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah, I always thought we was either in Dodge City or Tombstone or somewhere like that. A classic western town. Maybe one that had cattle drives running through it.

“I love words but I don’t like strange ones. You don’t understand them and they don’t understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know ‘em the minute you see ‘em.” -- Will Rogers

"Blame it on my ADD, baby." -- AWOLNATION
Shadow_Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:40 AM   #10530
bkendall

I know this won't be popular for eighty, or so years, but I've always wanted to do this.

Just the facts, ma'am.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #10531
regdog
Prowl
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
This saloon is in Texas? When was it moved to Texas? I always kinda thought it might be in Kansas--possibly Colorado.

And don't take that shootin' personal. We all pretty much shoot each other all the time here, 'ceptin fer the women folk. They beat us down with cold, hard stares.
It's an art we're proud of.

My Blog-Updated on 8/22/14 Same Place Different Time

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #10532
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by regdog View Post
It's an art we're proud of.
Y'all are good at it too.

PD! You better get in here and explain this Texas stuff!

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 10-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #10533
Shadow_Ferret
Did I do that?

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I didn't think anyone lived in Texas back then. Too hot!

I still choose Dodge City. That conjures up all sorts of cool western fantasies.

“I love words but I don’t like strange ones. You don’t understand them and they don’t understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know ‘em the minute you see ‘em.” -- Will Rogers

Old 10-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #10534
bkendall

So, y'all have been here for over two years and we still don't know where we are. Reg! make up our mind for us, please!

Old 10-10-2011, 08:33 PM   #10535
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

cray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
no. but we know when we are!
that's something.

*spit*
cray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #10536
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
no. but we know when we are!
that's something.

*spit*
In a round about sort of way.

*spit*

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 10-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #10537
bkendall

Speaking of which, since it's 1876 now, was it 1874 when we started this thread?

Old 10-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #10538
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
We've had this discussion about where the saloon is a long time ago. Back when I first built the place.
CDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #10539
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Hey cowboy, how about this

Its around the Colorado, New Mexico border.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #10540
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDaniel View Post
We've had this discussion about where the saloon is a long time ago. Back when I first built the place.
That's back before the original dancin' gals took the stage to San Francisco and never came back, ain't it?

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 10-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #10541
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

That sure was a long time ago, was't it

*spit*
Old 10-10-2011, 09:25 PM   #10542
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Yep.

*spit*

Fer a while back thenI was worried the saloon wouldn't last.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 10-10-2011, 09:37 PM   #10543
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
But it did, and now we're all here on a regular basis.

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
parumpdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:18 PM   #10544
regdog
Prowl
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Damn, Cowboy, how are you? Drink?

My Blog-Updated on 8/22/14 Same Place Different Time

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #10545
Shadow_Ferret
Did I do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDaniel View Post
Its around the Colorado, New Mexico border.
OK. Least ways it ain't Texas.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:13 AM   #10546
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

Quote:
Damn, Cowboy, how are you? Drink?

*takes drink*

*spit*
Old 10-11-2011, 08:29 AM   #10547
bkendall

Well at least we settled that location dispute. Haggis, you know, flukes happen once in a while.

*points to newspaper with tigers-rangers score*

If those redstockings can do it, so can y'all. How bout that other team in detroit? huh?

Old 10-11-2011, 06:29 PM   #10548
NinaK
On the Beach

NinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*tap, tap, shuffle and kick*

*makes paper hat out of the sports section for the marshal*
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
don't make me mod you, nina.
NinaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #10549
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
And the marshal looks very dashing in his paper hat - now hopefully he doesn't rip it to shreds

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
parumpdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #10550
bkendall

I would think he'd just pee on it.