Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Western
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2011, 07:05 AM   #10376
Shadow_Ferret
Snow? Already?

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Um. Not sure. All I know is that in 1875 the Boston Red Stockings were the league leaders with a record of 71-8 and the Philadelphia Athletics were 15 games behind. And the once mighty Brooklyn Atlantics came in last.

“I love words but I don’t like strange ones. You don’t understand them and they don’t understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know ‘em the minute you see ‘em.” -- Will Rogers

"Blame it on my ADD, baby." -- AWOLNATION
Shadow_Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:24 AM   #10377
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Ferret View Post
Um. Not sure. All I know is that in 1875 the Boston Red Stockings were the league leaders with a record of 71-8 and the Philadelphia Athletics were 15 games behind. And the once mighty Brooklyn Atlantics came in last.
I'm sure the Detroit...um...somethings must have been in the run for a championship. Much like they will be in, say, 150 years, give or take, depending on what year we're in.

But speaking of the Boston Red Stockings, they really gave a poor accounting of themselves over the last month. You know, our bartender speaks with a slight New England twang. It's possible she knows someone from that area and can explain their dismal demise.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:26 AM   #10378
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
BTW, there are no New York Knickerbocker fans in this thread, are there? Because, you know, I'd have to, sorta, shoot 'em.

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 09-30-2011, 07:41 AM   #10379
bkendall
practical experience, FTW

bkendall is well-respected
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
BTW, there are no New York Knickerbocker fans in this thread, are there? Because, you know, I'd have to, sorta, shoot 'em.
shootin' just gets you in trouble you know. not a knickerbocker here. undisappointed reds fan. got me a burlap sack with eyeholes for that too. can i get a beer to drown my met expectations?

It's ok. Just call me bk.

Don't confuse me with facts, my mind's already made up!-Ralph Waldo Emerson

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.-Albert Einstein
bkendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:53 AM   #10380
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkendall View Post
shootin' just gets you in trouble you know. not a knickerbocker here. undisappointed reds fan. got me a burlap sack with eyeholes for that too. can i get a beer to drown my met expectations?
Shootin' don't get me in no trouble at all. I'm the Marshall.

As fer yer beer, I'd suggest you hep yourself. reg will probably be by sometime tomorrow morning or afternoon. A man can get pretty dry just a waitin' for that. But you gotta respect her mourning fer them Red Stockings. They sucked the soul out of her, they did.

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 09-30-2011, 08:16 AM   #10381
Shadow_Ferret
Snow? Already?

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I'm sure the Detroit...um...somethings must have been in the run for a championship. Much like they will be in, say, 150 years, give or take, depending on what year we're in.
I think you're thinking of the Keokuk Westerns. But they only played 13 games of which they only won one, and basically just threw the $20 admission fee away.

But it doesn't matter, I think the days of the National Association as a major league are numbered. There's rumblings about this thing called the National LEAGUE, if you can imagine.

“I love words but I don’t like strange ones. You don’t understand them and they don’t understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know ‘em the minute you see ‘em.” -- Will Rogers

Last edited by Shadow_Ferret; 09-30-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:48 PM   #10382
regdog
Kreon Prowl and Skywarp
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

But speaking of the Boston Red Stockings, they really gave a poor accounting of themselves over the last month. You know, our bartender speaks with a slight New England twang. It's possible she knows someone from that area and can explain their dismal demise.
I can explain their dismal demise. The General Manager Theo Epstein traded away several good young pitchers over the last few years bringing in older has been pitchers who couldn't pitch their way out of a paper bag. He then followed up those brilliant brain farts by trading away solid hitters and fielders to bring in players who stayed one year and left.

Now thanks to that inept asshat, Terry Fanconia our beloved manager, is leaving.

My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:15 PM   #10383
regdog
Kreon Prowl and Skywarp
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh, I forgot to mention Theo's $100 million, yes, $100 million failure by the name of Daisuke Matsuzaka. He won't even make the rank of has been, he's a never was.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:28 PM   #10384
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Forgive me fer sayin' so, Miz reg, but you sound a tad bitter. Kin I buy you a drink? We'll just put it on Ferret's tab.

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 09-30-2011, 09:16 PM   #10385
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
alright, what's going in here?
CDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:37 PM   #10386
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

cray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
reg is buying everyone drinks!

cray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:40 PM   #10387
regdog
Kreon Prowl and Skywarp
AW Moderator

Quote:
Forgive me fer sayin' so, Miz reg, but you sound a tad bitter. Kin I buy you a drink? We'll just put it on Ferret's tab.
Sure you can. Bitter isn't the word. Theo Epstein, the reason for all pain in Boston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDaniel View Post
alright, what's going in here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
reg is buying everyone drinks!

Correct

**Slaps down cray's credit card**

Old 10-01-2011, 12:47 AM   #10388
Shadow_Ferret
Snow? Already?

Wait.

*sound of a trigger being cocked back*

Haggis is getting pretty loose with my money. If I want to buy the lady a drink I'll offer it myself.

Drink, reg?

Old 10-01-2011, 03:01 AM   #10389
regdog
Kreon Prowl and Skywarp
AW Moderator

I think I will, thank you, Ferret.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:25 AM   #10390
Shadow_Ferret
Snow? Already?

Um. OK. You're welcome.

It's on fire.

*backs away remembering the last time*

Enjoy.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:14 AM   #10391
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by regdog View Post
Sure you can. Bitter isn't the word. Theo Epstein, the reason for all pain in Boston.
Epstein? Epstein? Wasn't he one of the Sweathogs?

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 10-01-2011, 07:26 AM   #10392
Shadow_Ferret
Snow? Already?

Yeah, the curly haired one.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:37 AM   #10393
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Yeah, the curly haired one.
What could he have done to hurt reg's Redstockings? I mean, he's not even gonna be born for another hundred years or so.

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 10-01-2011, 07:43 AM   #10394
Shadow_Ferret
Snow? Already?

I don't know, he was the least interesting of the Sweathogs. I mean they all had fun catch phrases except him. Well, he had, "Mr. Kotta, I got a note." But what did the note say? Maybe it said the Red Stockings were going to lose.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:03 AM   #10395
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
I don't know, he was the least interesting of the Sweathogs. I mean they all had fun catch phrases except him. Well, he had, "Mr. Kotta, I got a note." But what did the note say? Maybe it said the Red Stockings were going to lose.
It might have said that. We'll never be sure though. They were all signed "Epstein's Mother," and I think Gabe Kaplan threw them out. Or at least he would throw them out a hundred or so years from now.

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 10-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #10396
Shadow_Ferret
Snow? Already?

I predict it'll be a hit. You heard it here first.

Old 10-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #10397
regdog
Kreon Prowl and Skywarp
AW Moderator

Quote:
Epstein? Epstein? Wasn't he one of the Sweathogs?
That explains a lot about his General Managerial style and achievements

Old 10-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #10398
MrWrite
On a Classical groove!

Location: There's a classical music concert going on in my head!
MrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I just saw this on Facebook and had to share!

My new blog:
https://iwritepsychicwitness.wordpre...ink-of-an-eye/

I tweet: @PsychicWitness
@4paths2wellness

My website: www.4pathstowellness.com
MrWrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #10399
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrite View Post
I just saw this on Facebook and had to share!

*cough*

Um...that is...

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 10-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #10400
MrWrite
On a Classical groove!

Location: There's a classical music concert going on in my head!
MrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPNpJX8b-bc

My new blog:
https://iwritepsychicwitness.wordpre...ink-of-an-eye/

I tweet: @PsychicWitness
@4paths2wellness

My website: www.4pathstowellness.com
MrWrite is offline   Reply With Quote