Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Western
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #10176
NinaK
On the Beach

NinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Ferret View Post
So... does anyone know if in 1875 you could walk the streets of new orleans with a sidearm? Or were they considered "civilized?"
I have to say you got me curious with this one Ferret. This was during post reconstruction and most of what I found was debate and proposed legislation regarding concealment.

With that said I bet you could stroll down the street with those puppies in clear view.

*mouth's too dry to spit*
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
don't make me mod you, nina.
NinaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #10177
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi Nina

What is the fascination with guns this morning Ferret?

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
parumpdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #10178
Shadow_Ferret
Ride 'em, Cowferret!

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
There. I posted it in Research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parumpdragon View Post
What is the fascination with guns this morning Ferret?
Oh. It's for my zombie voodoo western I handwrote a while back and now I'm transcribing it to computer and all the issues I left unresearched just to get the story out are now rearing their undead heads.

“I love words but I don’t like strange ones. You don’t understand them and they don’t understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know ‘em the minute you see ‘em.” -- Will Rogers

"Blame it on my ADD, baby." -- AWOLNATION
Shadow_Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:32 PM   #10179
NinaK
On the Beach

NinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*tap, tap, turn*

Hi parump, afternoon saloon people.
Quote:
Old 09-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #10180
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
There. I posted it in Research.

Oh. It's for my zombie voodoo western I handwrote a while back and now I'm transcribing it to computer and all the issues I left unresearched just to get the story out are now rearing their undead heads.
Ooh, sounds interesting.

What is it with zombies right now? They are everywhere in film and media. The new 'it-thing' is the undead?

Goodreads

Old 09-10-2011, 10:02 PM   #10181
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
So... does anyone know if in 1875 you could walk the streets of new orleans with a sidearm? Or were they considered "civilized?"
I'm inclined to think they could, but an inclination isn't an answer. You could and probably should check with the smart people. On the other hand, it's your story, so if you want someone walking down the street with a sidearm, just go ahead and do it. I mean, look at this thread. We have ferrets spitting into spittoons, batteries shooting Chihuahua paws and a woman who never stops dancing.

*spit*

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #10182
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

Goodreads

Old 09-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #10183
Shadow_Ferret
Ride 'em, Cowferret!

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
... and a woman who never stops dancing.
Oh! Is that what she's been doing? I couldn't figure it out and I was too embarrassed to ask.

“I love words but I don’t like strange ones. You don’t understand them and they don’t understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know ‘em the minute you see ‘em.” -- Will Rogers

Last edited by Shadow_Ferret; 09-11-2011 at 05:35 AM. Reason: lost a ]
Old 09-10-2011, 11:13 PM   #10184
NinaK
On the Beach

Quote:
Oh! Is that what she's been doing? I couldn't figure it out and I was too embarrassed to ask.
*tap, tap, turn and kick...Ferret in a jazz paw*

Opps, sorry, I'm still practicin'
Quote:
Old 09-10-2011, 11:39 PM   #10185
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sorry to hear about yer paw, Ferret.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #10186
regdog
Optimus Prime
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
At least no one shot his paw

My Blog-Updated on 8/22/14 Same Place Different Time

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 03:25 AM   #10187
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

He won't be dancin' for a while though...

Goodreads

Old 09-11-2011, 05:36 AM   #10188
Shadow_Ferret
Ride 'em, Cowferret!

Could I get some ice fer me paw?

And a beer for me maw.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:23 PM   #10189
regdog
Optimus Prime
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You want that ice in a drink?

Old 09-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #10190
Shadow_Ferret
Ride 'em, Cowferret!

Not in my beer, no. Thanks.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #10191
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

*Gets ice while others chuckle*

Goodreads

Old 09-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #10192
MrWrite
On a Classical groove!

Location: There's a classical music concert going on in my head!
MrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Nina, that was an ap-paw-ling thing to do!

My new blog:
https://iwritepsychicwitness.wordpre...ink-of-an-eye/

I tweet: @PsychicWitness
@4paths2wellness

My website: www.4pathstowellness.com
MrWrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #10193
NinaK
On the Beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrite View Post
Nina, that was an ap-paw-ling thing to do!
*hangs head, shuffles one foot*

I didn't mean to...Mr. Englishman.

Want to watch me practice my new number?
Quote:
Old 09-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #10194
MrWrite
On a Classical groove!

Location: There's a classical music concert going on in my head!
MrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMrWrite is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*Backs away a safe distance to watch*

My new blog:
https://iwritepsychicwitness.wordpre...ink-of-an-eye/

I tweet: @PsychicWitness
@4paths2wellness

My website: www.4pathstowellness.com
MrWrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #10195
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

*Hides behind potbellied stove, just in case*

Goodreads

Old 09-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #10196
Shadow_Ferret
Ride 'em, Cowferret!

Howdy, where is everyone?

Old 09-13-2011, 10:02 PM   #10197
NinaK
On the Beach

*immediately stops dancing*

Howdy
Quote:
Old 09-13-2011, 10:17 PM   #10198
regdog
Optimus Prime
AW Moderator

Hey Ferret, Hey Nina, what are you two drinking today?

Old 09-13-2011, 10:28 PM   #10199
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

Howdy to ya'all

Goodreads

Old 09-13-2011, 10:57 PM   #10200
NinaK
On the Beach

*puts money on the bar and eyes Ferret's bandaged paw*

I got this round Reg.

Can I get one of those flamin' things?
Quote: