Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Writing For Kids
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2011, 02:45 AM   #1376
sissybaby
practical experience, FTW

sissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthood
Hi, elissacruz. Nice to finally meet you. I saw you lurking back there.
sissybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:04 AM   #1377
Smish
Reads more than she writes.
AW Moderator

Smish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by elissacruz View Post
Oh, and hi. I've been lurking here since 2009, but never found a good reason to post until now. I've been trying to connect MG writers together for the last year or so, so I am happy to find this thread! *waves at my new MG pals*
Glad you came out of lurkdom.

You should pop in more often. And you should enter the awesome kidlit contest we have going on right now.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #1378
Mclesh
It's too hot

Mclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hello, everyone! I've been lurking for quite a while. I was excited to see the announcement for the kidlit contest, so I immediately sat down, wrote a story and sent it in.

My BFF is Ramona the Pest, and I've read THE SECRET GARDEN and THE LITTLE PRINCESS at least four times each. The Hardy Boys, anything by Judy Blume -- I absolutely love children's literature! In 2008, as a hobby and because we wanted to put something positive out in the world, my husband and I created our website StoryRhyme.com. That's really when I started writing -- children's stories and the site's blog. (For those of you wondering what to write about on your blogs, I knew nothing about what a blog was when I started. But the more you write, the easier it gets. It's a mishmash of, basically, life observations. Home, school, family, work -- you name it. But the challenge was to keep it G-rated since our site is family friendly. Sadly, the past year I haven't really kept up with it regularly because of a lack of time.)

For the past year and a half, I've been writing YA and MG with my first two books out to agents right now. (Biting my nails.)

Looking forward to spending time here. (But not too much time because I have writing to do!)

Thanks for the tip on #MGlitchat!

(I started reading this thread from the beginning but stopped after the first hundred or so posts when I noticed my vision was beginning to fail.)

Facebook Twitter Website

Check out Grandma Susie's book of love poems on Createspace!

Mr. Katz is a Zombie is now available! Eeep!
Mclesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 03:21 AM   #1379
MorganMarshall
I keep my head firmly in the clouds

MorganMarshall is well-respected
Hi to the other newbies! Mclesh and elissacruz! (Kinda anyway... lurker isn't really "new" per se'.) This is a pretty cool place, huh?

WIP:
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
MorganMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:15 AM   #1380
MsJudy

MsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good grief! I was gone for TWO DAYS and you guys rounded up 3 more friends! Nice work.

Welcome, Morgan, McLesh and elissa!
Old 08-05-2011, 04:15 AM   #1381
Mclesh
It's too hot

Mclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi, MorganMarshall. New to posting, so in a way I'm new.

It's a very cool place.

Facebook Twitter Website

Check out Grandma Susie's book of love poems on Createspace!

Mr. Katz is a Zombie is now available! Eeep!
Mclesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:36 AM   #1382
Smish
AW Moderator

Smish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Old 08-05-2011, 06:48 AM   #1383
sissybaby

sissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthoodsissybaby is a candidate for sainthood
Hi all you new peoples. Hope you have as much fun on here as I do.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #1384
SheilaJG

SheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthoodSheilaJG is a candidate for sainthood

Hi Mclesh, Morgan, and elissacruz.

Represented by Molly Ker Hawn of The Bent Agency
Twitter
SheilaJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:52 PM   #1385
timp67
Guinea pig in the laboratory of God

timp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

THE BOY WHO HOWLED
from Bloomsbury USA Children's Books

timp67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:53 PM   #1386
timp67

timp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstimp67 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wow...that turned out nearly life size.

THE BOY WHO HOWLED

Old 08-09-2011, 03:02 AM   #1387
Smish
AW Moderator

Old 08-10-2011, 01:05 AM   #1388
elissacruz
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

elissacruz is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! Yeah, I should have de-lurked a long time ago, but I really don't need to be online any more than I already am. Trust me on this.

But I'll *try* to remember to check in here more often. It may be awhile before I do, though. I'm slightly (ha! Try "insanely") busy preparing a presentation I'm giving with my fellow Mixed-Up authors at Kidlit Con next month, plus we're launching our next Skype author giveaway at the Mixed-Up Files blog in a few weeks, and I'm fielding a ton of requests for other various blog-related stuff, too. It's crazysauce in my inbox right now!

(And now you know why I lurk. No time to actually post anything.)
elissacruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:27 AM   #1389
that redhead

that redhead has a spectacular aurathat redhead has a spectacular aura
I'm so new that I may still have my new car smell. Mind if I join in? I'm in the editing phase my first book--it's middle grade, of course.

~JoAnne
that redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:37 AM   #1390
CheG

CheG has a spectacular auraCheG has a spectacular aura
Went to pick the bones of Borders last weekend and came home mostly MG.
I got The Magic Thief bk 2
Lamplighter by D.M. Cornish
School of Fear
and something called Dormia.

I only had $40 or I would have got more!

Website
Gallery
Facebook
Carmine Rojas available now
Carmine Rojas: Dog Fight is---'An explosive mix of gangsters, guns, monsters, magic and mayhem, with dark and gritty action that right-hooks you from page one. Wonderful!' --- Suzanne McLeod, author of the Spellcrackers urban fantasy series.
CheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:13 AM   #1391
RuthD
careful...you'll end up in my novel

RuthD leaves trails of profuse coolnessRuthD leaves trails of profuse coolnessRuthD leaves trails of profuse coolnessRuthD leaves trails of profuse coolnessRuthD leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheG View Post
Went to pick the bones of Borders last weekend and came home mostly MG.
Me too. I got:
Bed-knob and Broomstick
The Girl Who Could Fly (Victoria Forester)
The Book of Elsewhere (Jacqueline West)

And in non-MG:
The Lacuna. The hardback cost less than $5, which is really quite sad, but I'm glad to have it.

The Fire in Fiction by Donald Maass. I read it on the way to/from Omaha, and I highly recommend it! I found it far more readable than most books on writing.

And hello & welcome to Elissa and JoAnne... and anyone else I missed.

Last edited by RuthD; 08-10-2011 at 07:24 AM.
RuthD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #1392
Smish
AW Moderator

JoAnne.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:38 AM   #1393
timp67

Those are some nice bones.

THE BOY WHO HOWLED

Old 08-10-2011, 03:58 PM   #1394
trirae
figuring it all out

trirae is on a distinguished road
Can I step in and say, "hi"? Been getting my feet wet all over, and this my genre, but I'm most nervous about joining all you wonderful experts.
trirae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 06:26 PM   #1395
sissybaby

Welcome JoAnn and Trirae!

Don't worry about joining right in. Some of us (me) are nowhere near experts. And most of us don't bite (except when severely provoked, which does happen now and then).

I'm glad to meet you both.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #1396
that redhead

that redhead has a spectacular aurathat redhead has a spectacular aura
Thanks Sissy
that redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:38 PM   #1397
MsJudy

MsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMsJudy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
yeah, sometimes we growl a little bit, but only when the trolls start acting up...
Old 08-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #1398
timp67

...or the snickerdoodles disappear...

THE BOY WHO HOWLED

Old 08-11-2011, 02:34 AM   #1399
ColoradoKate

ColoradoKate is well-respected

(I wasn't gonna KEEP 'em.... )
ColoradoKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:04 AM   #1400
timp67

That has got to be my favorite post EVER, ColoradoKate.

THE BOY WHO HOWLED