Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Music and Songwriting
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2011, 01:14 AM   #451
whacko
Keeping up with the class

whacko has earned our admirationwhacko has earned our admirationwhacko has earned our admirationwhacko has earned our admiration
Lou Rawls, the Beach Boys and The Band - You'll Never Find California Girls Up On Cripple Creek.

And yes a bit of self-censorship went into this feeble effort.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:58 AM   #452
CDSinex
Imagine something clever here.

CDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Chicago and The Cars - If You Leave Me Now Who`s Gonna Drive You Home? (Drive)
Old 02-24-2011, 06:26 AM   #453
poetinahat
SuperModerator

poetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Police, Elton John, Jackson Browne, and the Rolling Stones - I Can't Stand Losing You, Tiny Dancer. Stay Under My Thumb!

See how careful review of others' works can give you insight into your own!

poetinahat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #454
Priene
Out to lunch

Priene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Rod Stewart, the Beatles, Tom Jones, Sugababes, Jeremih, Justin Timberlake, Color Me Bad,Weezer, Soundgarden, Trey Songz, Chamillionaire, Thompson Twins, Sisqo, The Lonely Island - D'ya think I'm sexy, sexy Sadie sexbomb, get sexy. I invented sex, I'm putting sexy back, I wanna sex you up, I just had sex. I'm tired of sex, birthday sex, big dumb sex. Doctor! Doctor! All I got is pain in my thong.

Last edited by Priene; 02-24-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Priene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:17 PM   #455
CDSinex

CDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Jim Croce and Tom Paxton - Time in a Bottle Of Wine
Old 02-27-2011, 01:18 AM   #456
whacko

whacko has earned our admirationwhacko has earned our admirationwhacko has earned our admirationwhacko has earned our admiration
Tom Jones and Take That - Sex Bomb? It only takes a minute...
Old 02-27-2011, 02:34 AM   #457
SirOtter
Il Cavaliere Marino

SirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for President
Al Stewart and the Beatles - Roads to Moscow Back in the USSR
Billy Preston and Gordon Lightfoot - Will It Go Round in a Circle of Steel
Harry Belafonte and Leadbelly - Jump in the Rock Island Line
Jerry Reed and the Cure - When You're Hot, You're Hot, Hot, Hot!!!
Jimmy Buffett and Meat Loaf - Cheeseburger in Paradise by the Dashboard Light
Johnny Rivers and Jimmy Buffett - Seventh Son of a Son of a Sailor
Long John Baldry, B. Bumble & the Stingers and the Andrews Sisters - Don't Try to Lay No Bumble Bee Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy on the King of Rock & Roll
SirOtter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 08:56 AM   #458
CDSinex

Taylor Swift and Kanye West - Leave Me Alone Gansta Wannabe
Old 03-14-2011, 07:08 PM   #459
poetinahat
SuperModerator

poetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sade and Roxy Music - Frankie Avalon's First Affair

Old 03-17-2011, 04:08 AM   #460
poetinahat
SuperModerator

The Ramones and Squeeze - Pet Sematary, Cool for Cats

Old 03-25-2011, 01:00 AM   #461
whacko

Amen Corner, Tommy Steele and Herman's Hermits - If Paradise Is Half a Sixpence, I'm Henry the 8th I Am!
Old 03-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #462
poetinahat
SuperModerator

The Animals and the Colourfield - Please Don't Let Me Be Miss Texas 1967

Old 03-29-2011, 12:11 PM   #463
poetinahat
SuperModerator

The Lovin' Spoonful, The Steve Miller Band, Bob Seger, Public Image Ltd., Steely Dan, INXS, The Grateful Dead, and The Monkees, and Depeche Mode - Do You Believe in Magic? Abracadabra... Still the Same. Disappointed! Do It Again. This Time He's Gone! I'm a Believer. (Told You So...)

Old 06-30-2011, 03:39 AM   #464
darkprincealain
Domestic extremist

darkprincealain should run for Presidentdarkprincealain should run for Presidentdarkprincealain should run for Presidentdarkprincealain should run for Presidentdarkprincealain should run for Presidentdarkprincealain should run for President
Dev and Taylor Swift -- Fireball Your Face

Glasser and the Fuzztones -- Apply Green Slime
darkprincealain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:01 AM   #465
SirOtter
Il Cavaliere Marino

SirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for President
Can't remember if I've done this one or not ---

The Honeycombs and Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show - Who is Sylvia's Mother?
SirOtter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:43 PM   #466
Arcadia Divine
practical experience, FTW

Arcadia Divine has a spectacular auraArcadia Divine has a spectacular aura
Bob Dylan and Tori Amos would be a weird one for me.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:05 AM   #467
whacko

My favourite thread this. And where's Gerard Manley Hip-hop-a-potamus?

Anyhoo, all I can offer at such short notice is:

The Beatles, Arthur Brown and Manhattan Transfer - Help! Fire! On a Little Street in Singapore.

Regards
Whacko
Old 07-06-2011, 06:37 AM   #468
poetinahat
SuperModerator

Elvis Costello and John Denver - No Action in Grandma's Featherbed

Old 07-14-2011, 02:11 AM   #469
Xelebes
Delerium ex Ennui

Xelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Human League & Human Resource - Fascination is Dead
Old 07-14-2011, 03:12 AM   #470
whacko

Human League and Denise La Salle - Don't You Want My Toot-toot?
Old 08-03-2011, 06:44 AM   #471
poetinahat
SuperModerator

King Missile, Rupert Holmes, and Led Zeppelin ask the musical question:
Detachable Piņa CoLotta Love

Old 08-03-2011, 07:07 AM   #472
druid12000
You're out of your tree...

Location: The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans...
druid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdruid12000 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Lionel Ritchie and Pink Floyd:
Hello? Welcome to the machine.
" My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake and they live in a state of constant total amazement." ~ from 'Joe vs the Volcano'
druid12000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #473
poetinahat
SuperModerator

Aerosmith, the English Beat, and Linda Ronstadt - Dude Looks Like a Lady. Mirror in the Bathroom, You're No Good!

Old 08-16-2011, 12:21 PM   #474
dazzlejazz
figuring it all out

dazzlejazz is on a distinguished road
Adam and the Ants and The Temptations:
"Stand and deliver my baby"
dazzlejazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:31 AM   #475
poetinahat
SuperModerator

Otis Redding and the Rolling Stones - Try a Little Tenderness, Bitch