Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Music and Songwriting
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2010, 02:47 AM   #351
Xelebes
Delerium ex Ennui

Xelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Fyodr Ilyich Tchaikovsky & Meredith Brooks - The Nutcracker Bitch
Xelebes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:15 AM   #352
whacko
Keeping up with the class

whacko has earned our admirationwhacko has earned our admirationwhacko has earned our admirationwhacko has earned our admiration
The Jacksons and the Andrews Sisters - Blame It On The Boogie Woogie Bugleboy From Company B.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:27 PM   #353
Hip-Hop-a-potamus
My rhymes are bottomless

Hip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Marianne Faithfull and The Police- Why'd Ya De Do Do Do De Da Da It?

Hip-Hop-a-potamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #354
poetinahat
Odalisque obelisk
SuperModerator

poetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Haircut 100, Violent Femmes, Elvis Costello, Aretha Franklin, and Steely Dan ---

Love Plus One... Add it Up: Less Than Zero? Think! Do It Again.

-- Bob Dylan

poetinahat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:04 AM   #355
SirOtter
Il Cavaliere Marino

SirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for President
Giacomo Pucchini and Bobby Rydell - Quando Me'n Volare
Giuseppe Verdi and the Who - La Donna e Going Mobile
Bertolt Brecht & Kurt Weill and Little Richard - Pirate Jenny Jenny

Last edited by SirOtter; 10-20-2010 at 12:06 AM.
SirOtter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:59 AM   #356
SirOtter
Il Cavaliere Marino

SirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for President
Can't remember if I've done this one, so forgive me if I repeat myself:

The Marshall Tucker Band and Modest Mussorgsky - Fire on Bald Mountain
Old 10-20-2010, 02:44 AM   #357
CDSinex
Imagine something clever here.

CDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Randy Newman and Frankie Laine (among others.) I Think It's Gonna Rain Today On the Sunny Side of the Street
Old 10-20-2010, 03:03 AM   #358
SirOtter
Il Cavaliere Marino

Deep Purple, Sons of the Pioneers and the Standells - Smoke on the Cool, Dirty Water
The Hollies and Johann Sebastian - Long Cool Woman in a Bach Dress
Old 10-20-2010, 03:20 AM   #359
whacko

whacko has earned our admirationwhacko has earned our admirationwhacko has earned our admirationwhacko has earned our admiration
Staying highbrow, Saint-Saens and the Seekers - The Carnival of Animals is Over
Old 10-20-2010, 04:29 AM   #360
SirOtter
Il Cavaliere Marino

Quote:
Originally Posted by whacko View Post
Staying highbrow, Saint-Saens and the Seekers - The Carnival of Animals is Over
Works for me.

Saint-Saens, Blood Sweat & Tears, and Journey - Omphale's Spinning Wheel in the Sky
The Marshall Tucker Band and Edvard Grieg - Fire in the Hall of the Mountain King

But there's nothing wrong with lowbrow, too, occasionally...
Tom Lehrer and Gene Autry (et alii) - The Old Dope Peddlar is Coming to Town
Old 10-20-2010, 05:21 AM   #361
Hip-Hop-a-potamus
My rhymes are bottomless

Hip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudgeHip-Hop-a-potamus is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Van Morrison and Garbage- Brown Eyed Stupid Girl

Old 10-20-2010, 05:23 AM   #362
Hip-Hop-a-potamus
My rhymes are bottomless

Sugarloaf with the Commodores Three Times a Green Eyed Lady

Old 10-20-2010, 05:25 AM   #363
Hip-Hop-a-potamus
My rhymes are bottomless

Johnnie Taylor and the Beach Boys Little Old Disco Lady from Pasadena

Old 10-20-2010, 05:46 AM   #364
poetinahat
Odalisque obelisk
SuperModerator

poetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Billy Paul, Lobo, and New Order - Me and Mrs. Jones and a Dog Named Boo... Bizarre Love Triangle

-- Bob Dylan

Old 10-20-2010, 07:21 AM   #365
SirOtter
Il Cavaliere Marino

The Beatles and Steve Martin - Happiness is a Cow With a Warm Gun
Old 10-20-2010, 07:24 AM   #366
SirOtter
Il Cavaliere Marino

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinahat View Post
Haircut 100, Violent Femmes, Elvis Costello, Aretha Franklin, and Steely Dan ---

Love Plus One... Add it Up: Less Than Zero? Think! Do It Again.
I think you could've slipped in the Grass Roots' Two, Divided By Love in there somewhere.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:49 AM   #367
poetinahat
Odalisque obelisk
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirOtter View Post
I think you could've slipped in the Grass Roots' Two, Divided By Love in there somewhere.

And for the non-tennis crowd, Pet Shop Boys' Two Divided By Zero

-- Bob Dylan

Old 10-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #368
SirOtter
Il Cavaliere Marino

Them and Joan Baez - Here Comes the Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
Old 10-21-2010, 05:16 AM   #369
poetinahat
Odalisque obelisk
SuperModerator

Van Morrison and Fred Astaire - Moondance Cheek to Cheek

-- Bob Dylan

Old 10-21-2010, 09:45 AM   #370
Hip-Hop-a-potamus
My rhymes are bottomless

Have I mentioned lately I lurve you guys?

Old 10-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #371
whacko

The Beatles and Chicory Tip - Here Comes The Sun Of My Father

I was going to add Blind Melon with Deep Inside Of You add the end, but thought it was too damned rude.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:47 AM   #372
CDSinex
Imagine something clever here.

CDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDSinex is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Everly Brothers and Bobby Darin All I Have to Do Is Dream Lover.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:02 AM   #373
poetinahat
Odalisque obelisk
SuperModerator

Chicago, Kris Kristofferson and Smokey Robinson - If You Leave Me Now, Me and Bobby McGee are Going to a Go-Go

-- Bob Dylan

Old 10-22-2010, 05:19 AM   #374
whacko

Liquid Gold, The Beatles, Roxy Music and The Shadows- Dance Yourself Dizzy Miss Lizzie, Dance Away Tonight
Old 10-23-2010, 05:25 AM   #375
Hip-Hop-a-potamus
My rhymes are bottomless

Frank Zappa and Lloyd Cole Baby Rattlesnakes