Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > AW History; Questions and Discussion > AW History and Community Event Archives > Absolute Write Idol
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2005, 09:07 AM   #26
firehorse
Living the Dream

firehorse has a golden reputationfirehorse has a golden reputationfirehorse has a golden reputationfirehorse has a golden reputationfirehorse has a golden reputationfirehorse has a golden reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteCounter
I'm now recounting for the third time.
Thanks for doing this so quickly!
Old 06-30-2005, 09:07 AM   #27
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Much good luck, William, Darla & Firehorse. Have chocolate and your worries will disappear pronto. Happy July 4th!

susie
Old 06-30-2005, 09:08 AM   #28
jdkiggins
Troubled-Talks with animals.

Location: The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and nowhere to go.
jdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I have another whole bag of Hershey's Kisses. I'll share.

Poise--the art of raising an eyebrow instead of the roof.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:13 AM   #29
VoteCounter
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

VoteCounter is on a distinguished road
I've made charts. I've made graphs. I've listed the names of every voter to ensure I got rid of the duplicates.

Indeed, one vote was all that separated two contestants. We had 112 votes.

This week, we're losing DJP.

Darla, your writing is fresh and compelling. We'll miss you in the final round.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:14 AM   #30
DJP
pounding away at the piano..

DJP is a glorious beacon of lightDJP is a glorious beacon of lightDJP is a glorious beacon of light
Sniff, I don't have any chocolate, sniff. And yes, thank you vote counter, for doing this so quickly.

Ah, the results. Thanks for these past weeks, it's been great. I'll be sticking around. Good luck to Sarah and William. Oh and Sarah, watch out for William, I've heard he's a bully!

Last edited by DJP; 06-30-2005 at 09:19 AM.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:16 AM   #31
firehorse
Living the Dream

firehorse has a golden reputationfirehorse has a golden reputationfirehorse has a golden reputationfirehorse has a golden reputationfirehorse has a golden reputationfirehorse has a golden reputation
Darla, you've written some amazing pieces. I look forward to reading more of your work (and let me know when you're doing a signing at Indigo )

Cheers,
Sarah
Old 06-30-2005, 09:20 AM   #32
jdkiggins

jdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjdkiggins is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sorry to lose you, DJP. Look forward to reading more of your work.

Congratulations to William and Sarah.

Old 06-30-2005, 09:20 AM   #33
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats to the finalists and Darla you're a super writer! You can have all the cyber chocolate I have and it's lots!

susie
Old 06-30-2005, 09:20 AM   #34
William Haskins
i'm down here for your soul
Absolute Sage

Location: murder takes the wheel of your cadillac and death climbs in the back
William Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Oh and Sara, watch out for William, I've heard he's a bully!
what'd i do?

edited to add: i just saw that the results were posted. darla, you've produced some great work. best wishes to you in all your endeavors.

sarah, see you in hell.

Thorn Forest: A Poem in Progress
Updated September 30, 2014

Listen to it here (also in progress)

PoisonPen.net
Online Poetry Archive

Last edited by William Haskins; 06-30-2005 at 09:23 AM.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:22 AM   #35
DJP

DJP is a glorious beacon of lightDJP is a glorious beacon of lightDJP is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
what'd i do?
You didn't have to hog ALL the 'jusitfy your vote' voters. Just kidding, William, your work deserves credit.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:22 AM   #36
jdkiggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Haskins
what'd i do?
It's that black suit and skeleton, William.
Scares the h*ll out of people. LOL

Old 06-30-2005, 09:23 AM   #37
Sarita
PBS Mind/MTV World

Sarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSarita is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Haskins
what'd i do?
You took away her H, that's bully enough for me...

Darla! It's so sad to see anyone go at this point. You guys have been such strong contenders every week. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart.~ Hugo
Old 06-30-2005, 09:24 AM   #38
firehorse
Living the Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkiggins
It's that black suit and skeleton, William.
Scares the h*ll out of people. LOL
Forget the avatar, it's the quality of his writing that scares me!
Old 06-30-2005, 09:25 AM   #39
jdkiggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP
You didn't have to hog ALL the 'jusitfy your vote' voters. Just kidding, William, your work deserves credit.
That's funny. I watched the 'justify your vote' thread every week. I thought when I didn't see my name mentioned with a vote that I'd be voted out. Turned out, the week my name was mentioned more often was when I was booted.
Go figure.

Old 06-30-2005, 09:36 AM   #40
jdkiggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehorse
Forget the avatar, it's the quality of his writing that scares me!
You're both talented writers. Good luck in the final round.

Old 06-30-2005, 09:50 AM   #41
Lilybiz
glad to be here

Lilybiz is a glorious beacon of lightLilybiz is a glorious beacon of lightLilybiz is a glorious beacon of light
I'm thrilled for both William and Sarah; you make everyone at AW look good. And Darla, I can't thank you enough for the weeks of wonderful reading. In fact, that's true of all the contestants. You should all be proud. It's been a joy to read and vote.

Thank you all!

Petrea
Old 06-30-2005, 10:04 AM   #42
JennaGlatzer
wishes you happiness

JennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well said, Petrea!

Joanne, you're right-- often, the votes don't match what you'd expect from the Justify Your Vote thread. There are a lot more people voting than justifying!

Darla, you darn well better stick around. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:13 AM   #43
maestrowork
Fear the Death Ray

maestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sorry to see you go, Darla, but you made it to Top 3! And you have lots of fans here. Good luck with your writing!

Congrats to Haskins and Sarah. The final is going to GOOD. I wonder what Jenna is going to cook up for the

ULTIMATE DEATH MATCH

I didn't want to work. It was as simple as that. I distrusted work, disliked it. I thought it was a very bad thing that the human race had unfortunately invented for itself.
-- Agatha Christie

The Pacific Between A Bunch of Stories
(2006 IPPY Award)

WIP: Beyond the Banyan Tree - draft 9, 125,000 words

Home Page | Blog | Reviews
Old 06-30-2005, 10:19 AM   #44
Rhush
Slave to the metal

Rhush is a glorious beacon of lightRhush is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry to see you go DJP. Don't feel too bad. You beat a lot of us by a long shot! Good luck to the final 2!

READ THE RHUSH

BECKYRHUSH.COM

Signs Of The Secret paperback
http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Ms-Beck...sr=1-1-catcorr

Signs Of The Secret Kindle version
http://www.amazon.com/Signs-Secret-A...9993445&sr=1-1
Old 06-30-2005, 01:45 PM   #45
dragonjax
I write stuff.

dragonjax has a golden reputationdragonjax has a golden reputationdragonjax has a golden reputationdragonjax has a golden reputationdragonjax has a golden reputationdragonjax has a golden reputation
Darla, I've truly enjoyed reading your work. And while I'm sorry to see you go, I know I'll be picking up your books at B&N one of these days. Thank you so much for doing such a superb job.

And to William and Sarah... wow. Words fail me. Will try anyway. Huge congratulations for making it to the final round. So...

LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMBLE!!!!!!!

Old 06-30-2005, 03:40 PM   #46
aruna
On a wing and a prayer

aruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well, I only joined in the last round so I haven't been following, but its been fun and I even backed one of the winners! Sad that one had to go but really, it was a hard choice and they were all good. Looking forward to the next round!
Old 06-30-2005, 03:59 PM   #47
mommie4a
Mother of All Addictions

mommie4a is a candidate for sainthoodmommie4a is a candidate for sainthoodmommie4a is a candidate for sainthoodmommie4a is a candidate for sainthoodmommie4a is a candidate for sainthoodmommie4a is a candidate for sainthoodmommie4a is a candidate for sainthoodmommie4a is a candidate for sainthood
Congratulations, Sarah and William.

Darla - I'm sorry to see you go. I thought this entry was one of your best, if not your best. I've spent a lot of time around juvenile delinquints and unrulies and I thought you did a good job capturing the kid's attitude and socio-pathetic lack of conscience. Please don't fade away.

I hope you'll post in the JFF thread with the rest of us Near Idols.
Old 06-30-2005, 04:43 PM   #48
brinkett
Elder Scrolls devotee

brinkett has a spectacular aura
Darla, thanks for posting great entries week after week. Hope to read more of your work in the future.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:15 PM   #49
Paint
Warrior of Truth

Location: Standing at the precipitous cliff, believing I can fly.
Paint leaves trails of profuse coolnessPaint leaves trails of profuse coolnessPaint leaves trails of profuse coolnessPaint leaves trails of profuse coolnessPaint leaves trails of profuse coolness
All three of you are just great! I think it is truely an honor to get this far. It has been so much fun for us the readers, and voters! Darla your work has so inspired me, keep it up! Sarah and William: Meet at high noon in front of the OK Corral, keyboards drawn....Wendy, please pass the popcorn; the show's about to begin! I can't wait...
Sandy

See My Chapbook--"Star in a Darkened Sky"
http://www.lulu.com/content/561626

"for someone
who would save me by
cutting out my tongue."
A Howling From the Belly--Aaron Abeyta
Old 06-30-2005, 07:30 PM   #50
DJP

Thanks for all the encouragement. This contest has given me confidence, and I'm definately going to do more with my writing. I'm feeling pretty good, sitting at number three under two professional full time writers. For someone that has one short story published, I'm grinning from ear to ear! JFF, here I come.