Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > TIO
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2009, 07:46 PM   #126
BenPanced

BenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTC View Post
Now I know why everybody ignored me for the better part of 2006. Thank you. I thought I was going normal.
And considering your new userpic, I'll be ignoring you for the better part of 2009...
BenPanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:52 PM   #127
brainstorm77
practical experience, FTW

brainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwhtly View Post
No they don't.

Zombies don't moan about brainz, that's mutants.
ROTLD they do.

brainstorm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:54 PM   #128
Bmwhtly
Yes, I'm back.

Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy
Bmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
"Return"
Pffft

I mean Proper zombies.
"Anyone who can't stomach a bit of hypothetical grotesquery needs to toughen up, because the way the world's going, we'll all spend our final days scrabbling through a pile of steaming rubble, desperately scavenging for bits of charred baby to eat with our bare hands. And under those circumstances, a dark sense of humour will be a massive advantage."
Bmwhtly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:55 PM   #129
brainstorm77

brainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrainstorm77 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwhtly View Post
"Return"
Pffft

I mean Proper zombies.
What's a proper Zombie?
Old 06-23-2009, 08:03 PM   #130
Bmwhtly
Yes, I'm back.

Bmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainstorm77 View Post
What's a proper Zombie?
In a word?

Bub
"Anyone who can't stomach a bit of hypothetical grotesquery needs to toughen up, because the way the world's going, we'll all spend our final days scrabbling through a pile of steaming rubble, desperately scavenging for bits of charred baby to eat with our bare hands. And under those circumstances, a dark sense of humour will be a massive advantage."
Old 06-23-2009, 08:12 PM   #131
brainstorm77

I must have missed that in Zombie 101.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:47 PM   #132
KTC
THE REASONS - Now Available!

KTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPanced View Post
And considering your new userpic, I'll be ignoring you for the better part of 2009...
I'll be the face you wake up to in the middle of the night. I'll be the face you're startled by when your elevator opens. I'll be the face of the pizza delivery guy who knocks on your door. I'll be the face of the mailman peekin' in your slot. I'll be the face of the man under your bed, scratching on the boxspring. I'll be the face of the head looking back at you when you open your fridge door late at night. I'll be the face...

Get it? I will haunt you until you poot your crappy little drawers, biotch.
KTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:56 PM   #133
Inky
Is he bloody delicious, or what??

Location: *looks around* Ah, it's good to be with mi' old cronies, and a few new ones as well!!
Inky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Now there's a week I'll never get back.
Oh?
You caused your kindergarten teacher into early retirement too?

Quote:
I'll be the face you wake up to in the middle of the night. I'll be the face you're startled by when your elevator opens. I'll be the face of the pizza delivery guy who knocks on your door. I'll be the face of the mailman peekin' in your slot. I'll be the face of the man under your bed, scratching on the boxspring. I'll be the face of the head looking back at you when you open your fridge door late at night. I'll be the face...

I crossed my legs.
I squirmed.
I thought I had it under control.
Until that closing sentence.
*pours wine*
Pooter? Was it good for you too?

EPIC FANTASY ROMANCE
A modern day woman with an ancient past,
A hidden realm awaiting her return,
And the Shadow Master who protects her from his deadly brethren . . . and himself.

Inky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:23 AM   #134
BenPanced

BenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
no, i liek CHOKLIT meelk!
BenPanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:28 AM   #135
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

hides under desk... waits for KTC to be gone....

*scared!*

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

bettielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:30 AM   #136
scarletpeaches
Banned

scarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
How to solve this problem:

Throw a baboon into KTC's house and hold the door shut. It will eat his face.

Problem solved.
scarletpeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:02 AM   #137
KTC
THE REASONS - Now Available!

KTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletpeaches View Post
How to solve this problem:

Throw a baboon into KTC's house and hold the door shut. It will eat his face.

Problem solved.
No. That's how you solve a problem like Maria. I am NOT Maria.
KTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:28 AM   #138
Angie
Hoof hoof.

Angie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
No. That's how you solve a problem like Maria. I am NOT Maria.
And there is no way to solve a problem like you.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:32 AM   #139
scarletpeaches
Banned

scarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Except with an army of baboons carrying splintery baseball bats.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:18 AM   #140
rhymegirl
Summer's Over. (sigh)

rhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post
All of this ignore business can be solved in a most simple and adult manner that doesn't require any special revamping of the current system.

First of all, when you see a post that pisses you off, instead of responding, extend both index fingers from each hand to the side of your head, then jam them into your ears, as far as they can be reasonably accommodated.

Then start intoning, LA LA LA LA LA LA LA L A LA LA LA, for as long as it takes for you to recover from the offending post. This way, your hands and voice will be so occupied with maintaining your sanity that you won't have any means to respond.

This has been a public service announcement, offered free, and don't forget to wash your hands afterward.
This is why I love Silver King.

He's just so sensible.

It Bloggles the Mind
rhymegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:54 AM   #141
Silver King
Megalops Erectus
AW Moderator

Silver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inky View Post

With a protuberance like THIS, who the bloody blazes would put THIS mod on ignore????
You'd be surprised by how many members must forcibly avert their eyes lest the thrusting fish fill them with thoughts of blissful lust, or so I've been told.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymegirl View Post
This is why I love Silver King.

He's just so sensible.
On the other hand, some folks, like Kathy, can't keep their eyes away from all of that action for even a moment!
Silver King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:57 AM   #142
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I don't think that thing looks like a penis.

I really don't. At least not any I've seen.

*hides under table again.*

**scared**

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

bettielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:05 AM   #143
scarletpeaches
Banned

I never thought SK's avatar was phallic before but when someone pointed it out, from that moment on, all I saw was penis.
Old 06-24-2009, 03:12 AM   #144
Silver King
Megalops Erectus
AW Moderator

Silver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
When I chose that avatar, it was done with the most innocent of intentions. But people have referred to me as a big prick ever since. I take that as a compliment, of course.
Silver King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:21 AM   #145
Ol' Fashioned Girl
Irish to my roots & an
AW Moderator

Ol' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
IF SK's avatar were a penis, and said penis' looked like the image - with scales as big as half-dollars and a gaping mouth and a fish hook in the most tendererest of spots - he'd better hie himself to a physician posthaste for intensive, and possibly ongoing, medical therapy.

Click us... come on! Click us. You want to. You know you do.
Ol' Fashioned Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:22 AM   #146
Cassiopeia
Otherwise Occupied

Cassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post
When I chose that avatar, it was done with the most innocent of intentions. But people have referred to me as a big prick ever since. I take that as a compliment, of course.
Of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Fashioned Girl View Post
IF SK's avatar were a penis, and said penis' looked like the image - with scales as big as half-dollars and a gaping mouth and a fish hook in the most tendererest of spots - he'd better hie himself to a physician posthaste for intensive, and possibly ongoing, medical therapy.
poor poor, SK...it's not going to be pretty.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:21 AM   #147
Angie
Hoof hoof.

Angie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Except with an army of baboons carrying splintery baseball bats.
Well, yes, there is that. There aren't many problems that can't be solved with an army of splintery-baseball-bat-wielding baboons.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire
Old 06-24-2009, 10:05 AM   #148
Inky
Is he bloody delicious, or what??

Location: *looks around* Ah, it's good to be with mi' old cronies, and a few new ones as well!!
Inky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsInky is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
I don't think that thing looks like a penis.

I really don't. At least not any I've seen.

*hides under table again.*

**scared**
You poooor dear. Give it time. All good things come to those that wait.

Quote:
I never thought SK's avatar was phallic before but when someone pointed it out, from that moment on, all I saw was penis.
Our like minds + one pub (that I've yet to experience) = a night FULL of hysterical trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Fashioned Girl View Post
SK?
You may refer to me as Doctor Inky.
Now, cough!

EPIC FANTASY ROMANCE
A modern day woman with an ancient past,
A hidden realm awaiting her return,
And the Shadow Master who protects her from his deadly brethren . . . and himself.

Inky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #149
Bmwhtly
Yes, I'm back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:10 PM   #150
Angie
Hoof hoof.

I think he'd still survive. He's devious.