Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > TIO
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
Plot Device
A woman said to write like a man.

Plot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Can I put a moderator on "ignore"?

1) Is it allowed under the programming of the board?
2) Is it allowed under the AW rules of conduct?
3) Will I be held accountable if that moderator doesn't even know I have him/her on ignore, and he/she tries to address me via either the board or via a PM, and yet it looks like I am disregarding that moderator when the tuth is I never knew he/she was trying to communicate with me?

Be prepared. (Sandy said so.)
Plot Device is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #2
alleycat
A hunting we shall go . . .
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
What has Silver King done now!

;-) Just kidding.

The answer to your main question is no, you can't.

alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
dpaterso
No one of consequence!
SuperModerator

dpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plot Device View Post
1) Is it allowed under the programming of the board?
2) Is it allowed under the AW rules of conduct?
3) Will I be held accountable if that moderator doesn't even know I have him/her on ignore, and he/she tries to address me via either the board or via a PM, and yet it looks like I am disregarding that moderator when the tuth is I never knew he/she was trying to communicate with me?
1) Why not try it and see what happens? If it works, it works.

2) Dunno, why shouldn't it be? It's your ignore list.

3) Shrug, I doubt if he/she will care that much. Makes me wonder what shenanigans are goin' on that would make a moderator want to talk to you and you not want to talk to them, but that's your business.

If you're having some kind of problem, contact the board owner.

-Derek
dpaterso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
Plot Device
A woman said to write like a man.

Plot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaterso View Post
1) Why not try it and see what happens? If it works, it works.
Okay then. I'll use you as a guinea pig.

Quote:
vBulletin Message
Sorry dpaterso is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

Oops. Guess not.

Be prepared. (Sandy said so.)
Plot Device is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:33 PM   #5
Manix
Mutatis mutandis

Manix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManix is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Derek's wondering why the mods can't put all of US on "ignore."

Creativity is...seeing something that doesn't exist already. You need to find out how you can bring it into being and that way be a playmate with God.Michele Shea

Manix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
alleycat
A hunting we shall go . . .
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plot Device View Post
Sorry dpaterso is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.
Sounds like Derek has some gender issues . . .

;-) j/k

alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:51 PM   #7
CACTUSWENDY
An old, sappy, and happy one.
Requiescat In Pace

CACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCACTUSWENDY is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cool

I side with you on the SK thingy. He is all time causing problems......

Posted on Amazon.com and Smashwords.com

Don't forget to give a buck or two towards the Number One writing site online.

You are only a shadow standing in your own sunshine.[/SIZE]
CACTUSWENDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:52 PM   #8
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Rolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manix View Post
Derek's wondering why the mods can't put all of US on "ignore."
We can, actually. But it's much easier to add people to 'the list'.

*gets pencil*

Rolling Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:05 PM   #9
Jersey Chick
Up all night to get Loki

Jersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJersey Chick is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I wonder how long that list really is?

**whistles innocently**

My books... Go ahead. You know you want to...

My Blog Facebook Twitter and last, but not least, my Website
Jersey Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:34 PM   #10
Manix
Mutatis mutandis

Manix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManix is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
We can, actually. But it's much easier to add people to 'the list'.

*gets pencil*

"The list?" As in, the "naughty or nice" list? I been very good this year, cross my heart.

What? I was born to do this.

Creativity is...seeing something that doesn't exist already. You need to find out how you can bring it into being and that way be a playmate with God.Michele Shea

Manix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 07:36 PM   #11
scarletpeaches
Banned

scarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm going to put myself on ignore. I'm nothing but trouble and everything I post here annoys me.
scarletpeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:40 PM   #12
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletpeaches View Post
I'm going to put myself on ignore. I'm nothing but trouble and everything I post here annoys me.
Understandable, but there's a long line in front of you, so you'll have to wait your turn.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:51 PM   #13
Stew21
SuperModerator

Stew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Perhaps its time we take some trouble makers and put them on everyone's ignore list. You know...just to see how long they talk to themselves before they realize no one is responding.
Who should be put on ignore first.
Stew21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 08:58 PM   #14
Williebee
"Assume Good Intentions"
SuperModerator

Williebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
OOO, OO, ooh, Mister Kotter, Mister KOT-TER!!

"There's a Voodoo Game on in the Crescent City. Pray for the Pawns."

Available now where all kinds of cool books are sold.
Kobo Kindle Nook iBook
More stories by Eldon Hughes -- "I Found A Knife"

Read the Newbie Guide.

“You’re inventing your own misery. You’re defining yourself by pettiness. You get 70 years to live and you are enjoying being angry.” -- Russell Howard

"We're writers; we own our words. Please choose them to add light and not just heat."
Williebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #15
Ken
and friends . . .

Ken is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
... strictly for the purposes of experimentation, to see whether it would work or not, I tried putting Haggis on ignore just now and got this message:

Quote:
vBulletin Message
Sorry Haggis is a moderator/admin and if you try to put him on ignore he will sick his flesh-eating chihuahua on you which will tear you to shreds and devour you.
Ken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:05 PM   #16
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
... strictly for the purposes of experimentation, to see whether it would work or not, I tried putting Haggis on ignore just now and got this message:
huh... that seems like an abuse of power....

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

Twitter
bettielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:56 PM   #17
benbradley
It's a doggy dog world

benbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
But can a MODERATOR put another moderator on ignore?

There might be an actual advantage to becoming a moderator...
benbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:58 PM   #18
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
huh... that seems like an abuse of power....
Yes. And?

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 06-21-2009, 10:58 PM   #19
scarletpeaches
Banned

scarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
By the power invested in me I hereby ignore thee, Lord Haggis!

(There, that should work).
Old 06-21-2009, 11:01 PM   #20
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Where did Scaret go?

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 06-21-2009, 11:04 PM   #21
dpaterso
No one of consequence!
SuperModerator

dpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbradley View Post

Oh sure, but even better, we have rude message options and everything, it's like a multiple-choice insult-o-meter, with animation sequences ranging from flipping the bird to full nether region exposure. Ordinary members can't see our secret mod messages which are in just about everything we post.

HAHAHA! good one, RT. And same to you, with bells on!

-Derek
dpaterso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:09 PM   #22
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
No -- but I can.

What's in it for me? Keeping in mind that I like red eyes, Scotsman, fishermen, poets, writers, people with crockpots, and people who drink beer.

Quote:
No, not so much. That's what Buster wants you to think.

I #blamedawno

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?

Last edited by Medievalist; 06-22-2009 at 12:56 AM.
Medievalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:16 PM   #23
scarletpeaches
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
Where did Scaret go?
My ignore-o-spell magicks backfired again, huh?

Hey, who said that?

Where am I?

Haggis...it's so cold and dark here...
Old 06-21-2009, 11:21 PM   #24
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Bwa-ha-ha-ha.

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 06-21-2009, 11:26 PM   #25
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
No -- but I can.

What's in it for me? Keeping in mind that I like red eyes, Scotsman, fishermen, poets, writers, and people who drink beer.
Hmm. I often have red eyes, I'm of Scottish heritage, I love to fish, I write, sort of, and I drink beer.

Crap. Destroyed by poetry.

Damn poets.

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat