Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Discussion > AW Roundtable
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2009, 04:35 AM   #51
scarletpeaches
Banned

scarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha's_Song View Post
Bugger! Now I'm intrigued, and you just can't imagine what's going through my mind right now!
Check your reps. Even I'm not stupid enough to say something like this in public.
scarletpeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:38 AM   #52
Cassiopeia
Otherwise Occupied

Cassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So...crisis averted?

good.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:39 AM   #53
Samantha's_Song
At least I don't need backing-up

Samantha's_Song is better than ice cream with hot fudgeSamantha's_Song is better than ice cream with hot fudgeSamantha's_Song is better than ice cream with hot fudgeSamantha's_Song is better than ice cream with hot fudgeSamantha's_Song is better than ice cream with hot fudgeSamantha's_Song is better than ice cream with hot fudgeSamantha's_Song is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Oh... I'm sulking now, I want to know too. I keep imagining MSN, webcams, and... nah, I'm not saying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thethinker42 View Post
I know something you don't know! I know something you don't know!

Samantha's_Song is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:42 AM   #54
scarletpeaches
Banned

scarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiopeia View Post
So...crisis averted?

good.
In all seriousness, it's...well, the worst of it has passed. I don't think it's possible for someone to feel that bad for long, or you'd just...break.

I've been sluggish all day, still managed to get some writing done, so yes, it'll pass.

Not one of those things I can hurry; it has to happen in its own time.

Nature's way of telling me to slow down and be kind to myself perhaps?
Old 06-21-2009, 04:43 AM   #55
Samantha's_Song

Samantha's_Song is better than ice cream with hot fudgeSamantha's_Song is better than ice cream with hot fudgeSamantha's_Song is better than ice cream with hot fudgeSamantha's_Song is better than ice cream with hot fudgeSamantha's_Song is better than ice cream with hot fudgeSamantha's_Song is better than ice cream with hot fudgeSamantha's_Song is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Hehehe I don't blame you for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletpeaches View Post
Check your reps. Even I'm not stupid enough to say something like this in public.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:47 AM   #56
Cassiopeia
Otherwise Occupied

Cassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassiopeia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
In all seriousness, it's...well, the worst of it has passed. I don't think it's possible for someone to feel that bad for long, or you'd just...break.

I've been sluggish all day, still managed to get some writing done, so yes, it'll pass.

Not one of those things I can hurry; it has to happen in its own time.

Nature's way of telling me to slow down and be kind to myself perhaps?
After two weeks of not writing, and spending a few days in misery over it, I sat down last night around, oh....half past six, made myself leave AW alone and I rewrote Chapter Six, 3400(aprox) and it took until roughly two am. That's eight hours. I've found fresh material goes much faster for me but I'm rewriting a story. I have decided, it takes as long as it takes. I don't know why it is on a Sunday FF Challenge I can whip out 800 words in 20 minutes and I'm happy with it and this is dragging me down.

I think it's dreading how really badly written the thing was in the first place. But I take breaks from it, I tell myself; crap can only be rewritten if you actually do the work and everyone is allowed to write crap, so then so can I.

Yes, be good to yourself. Allow for those really good days and really sucky ones. And remember, sweetpea, pay attention to your limitations and don't go on sprees for days on end without rest. A crash is bound to come.

Love ya!

Last edited by Cassiopeia; 06-21-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Cassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:47 AM   #57
Adam
Where Brainy goes, I follow.

Adam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Oh... I'm sulking now, I want to know too. I keep imagining MSN, webcams, and... nah, I'm not saying it.
I'm kinda curious as to what you thought it was now!
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 04:54 AM   #58
Samantha's_Song

Much worse than the actual event. Sorry for that, I have a really filthy mind sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzmodeus View Post
I'm kinda curious as to what you thought it was now!

Old 06-21-2009, 05:00 AM   #59
scarletpeaches
Banned

DON'T MAKE ME GLARE AT YOU!

This is a serious thread, so keep the naughties to rep points please.

(Hark at me, coming over all authoritative).
Old 06-21-2009, 05:02 AM   #60
Cassiopeia
Otherwise Occupied

Quote:
DON'T MAKE ME GLARE AT YOU!

This is a serious thread, so keep the naughties to rep points please.

(Hark at me, coming over all authoritative).
*staggers around confused*

wot....wot....'ave I stepped into an alternate universe?
Old 06-21-2009, 05:02 AM   #61
Adam

Adam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Much worse than the actual event. Sorry for that, I have a really filthy mind sometimes.
Pfft, can't be any filthier than SP's.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:03 AM   #62
scarletpeaches
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiopeia View Post
*staggers around confused*

wot....wot....'ave I stepped into an alternate universe?
I told you I was mentally ill.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:05 AM   #63
Samantha's_Song

yes, S. P. Sorry, S. P. It won't happen again.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:05 AM   #64
Cassiopeia
Otherwise Occupied

Quote:
I told you I was mentally ill.
Then you are blessed...no?

*points to signature*
Old 06-21-2009, 05:08 AM   #65
Samantha's_Song

I've answered you via a rep point, just in case S.P glares at me again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzmodeus View Post
Pfft, can't be any filthier than SP's.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:09 AM   #66
Adam

Quote:
I've answered you via a rep point, just in case S.P glares at me again...
*Reads reppie.*

FILTHY!!!

You're my kind of person.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:18 AM   #67
blacbird
That hairy-handed gent

blacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I don't think it's possible for someone to feel that bad for long, or you'd just...break.
It works like pearls; you build up layers of protection against the hurt. Then you feel nothing.

caw
blacbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 12:45 PM   #68
scarletpeaches
Banned

You're my pearl, blaccy. A minor irritation that just keeps getting bigger.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:46 PM   #69
thethinker42
Abnormal Romance Author

thethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthethinker42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
You're my pearl, blaccy. A minor irritation that just keeps getting bigger.
I was about to say "hey, isn't that me?", then I noticed the word "minor".

Carry on...

AW Library: Lauren Gallagher * L. A. Witt

In-Progress:
Lead Me Not - 71,080 / 90,000
Hardcore Ink (w/Cat Grant) - 47,305 / 75,000
The Saint's Wife - 17,006 / 55,000

The Walls of Troy
- Available 10/07!
thethinker42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #70
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey -I hadn't seen this thread. (gotta get out of my ucp once in a while...)

sparklepeaches.... what to say. I hope you are coming out of your funk. That is all it is. And do not react rashly. This too shall pass. What's the worse that can happen? You never get published. No one beyond your circle of friends knows you write, all alone, pouring your heart and soul into something that may never see the light of day. You'll be just like hundreds of thousands of writers out there....

But suppose... oh suppose... you write and you publish. You get to hold your baby in your hands, with a cover, and a blurb on the back, and the fresh clean paper on the inside, and you flip through the pages and get that mediciney/pulpy new book smell, and feel the crisp edges of the cover against the meat of your thumb.... ohhh... rapture....

or you could delete everything, have nothing to look forward to, have wasted your time and talent feeding the recycle bin on your stupid computer, and be a big, fat, selfish crybaby writer, tearing their hair out and producing nothing, that didn't have the guts to take her WIP by the balls, pull it close, soul kiss it on the mouth and breath life into it.

your choice, punkin.

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

Last edited by bettielee; 06-21-2009 at 01:24 PM.
bettielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #71
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
and that post was with total love and respect, or I wouldn't have taken the time.

I'm fucking tired.

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

bettielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:08 PM   #72
scarletpeaches
Banned

I just wangst so you'll send me epic emails, bettieboo.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #73
TabithaTodd
practical experience, FTW

TabithaTodd is a shiny, shiny jewelTabithaTodd is a shiny, shiny jewel
I know this is cliche here SP... "we are our own worse critics".

I truly believe that. I'm sorry you are going through a rough moment (or many). I remember before my move from the city I could crank out just about as much as you did the other day, every day. Heck, co wrote a book in less than 2 months with another author and it's on its 2nd revision for the last oh...4 months. Now, couldn't even form a sentence much less string two words together when it comes to writing anything that I've started WIP\MS wise since I moved except for a few days here and there since mid March.

It's almost like the sorrows and struggles of the city were what fueled my writing and with that gone here in the country...I seem to have lost my steam. I have to find something here that fuels me...I know how you feel is basically what I am trying to say.

Author Blog http://tabithatodd.wordpress.com

Silent Invasion

Night & Day
TabithaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:28 PM   #74
scarletpeaches
Banned

I know it's gonna happen again, it's the way I'm wired. I just wish I could see it coming, or prepare for it, or arm myself against it in some ways.

Perhaps writing is what keeps me just this side of sane, and because I love it most, it's where I feel the pain most. When I'm depressed I can't do the thing I most want to do and...if you'll forgive me for sounding incredibly wanky, it feels like my soul's been ripped out.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:09 PM   #75
Gatita
Girl reporter

Gatita is on a distinguished road
Quote:
because I love it most, it's where I feel the pain most.
That's how it is... Glad you survived.
Gatita is offline   Reply With Quote