Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #2876
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
A tease from Limelight again. This has to be one of my fave scenes
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

KarlaErikaCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #2877
Geek_Pride
Fight For Your Right To Party

Geek_Pride is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGeek_Pride is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGeek_Pride is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGeek_Pride is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGeek_Pride is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGeek_Pride is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGeek_Pride is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGeek_Pride is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Teaser!

Girlinbetween
Geek_Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:18 PM   #2878
DrummerGirl
Capturing the Castle

DrummerGirl is a glorious beacon of lightDrummerGirl is a glorious beacon of lightDrummerGirl is a glorious beacon of light
My review of The Sky Always Hears Me and the Hills Don't Mind - Kirsten Cronn-Mills
Old 06-29-2010, 06:30 PM   #2879
Glenakin
practical experience, FTW

Glenakin is well-respected
My teaser ... I'll try to get to everyone's, but I think I've caught a bug. Stomach hurts so bad

You can read more about my WIP here, as well as visit my blog here . Or you can follow my lousy attempt at twitting! At your own peril, of course. Don't say I didn't warn you
Glenakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:01 PM   #2880
bethany
:)

bethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
http://bethanygriffin.blogspot.com/2...uesday_29.html

I teased!

The Fall~ Greenwillow ~ 2014- A literary psychological thriller/retelling of the Fall of the House of Usher. Starred reviews from Kirkus and School Library Journal
www.bethanygriffin.com
bethany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #2881
Sage
Hero, villain, angel, demon
AW Moderator

Sage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Teaser from Hero/Villain

Love Sucks - Musa Publishing, B&N, Amazon
"Fireflies" - Absolute Visions

A Paranormal Bromance: Revising

Super/Human (Hero/Villain #2):

This week, I'm in: San Diego!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #2882
Kathleen42
crushing on fictional characters

Kathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Twilight with a Canadian flare. I call it Twileht.
Kathleen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:05 PM   #2883
LostInReality

LostInReality is on a distinguished road
Here's my tease! will be reading all yours today and tomorrow

Why yes, I do blog

LostInReality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:15 PM   #2884
C.T. Richmond
Sloths are awesome

C.T. Richmond is on a distinguished road
An interview with my agent, Jim McCarthy!

Jim talks about YA dystopians, his favorite restaurants in New York, and what he's looking for in his slush pile.

Blog
Twitter
C.T. Richmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #2885
deltay

deltay is a glorious beacon of lightdeltay is a glorious beacon of light
I teased too, a pretty short one this time from RED HERRING. While you're there, don't forget to enter to win a $60 Giftcard to CSN Stores (bookshelves galore!)
Old 06-29-2010, 08:50 PM   #2886
samripley

samripley is on a distinguished road
Teaser Tuesday on my blog.

I'm currently working on:
The Shape that Breaks(YA contemp.): 45/55k
samripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:59 PM   #2887
paranormalchick
Book Worm & YA writer

paranormalchick has a golden reputationparanormalchick has a golden reputationparanormalchick has a golden reputationparanormalchick has a golden reputationparanormalchick has a golden reputationparanormalchick has a golden reputation
ARC tours...do you want to play?
Old 06-29-2010, 09:18 PM   #2888
AngelicaRJackson
Angelic Muse

AngelicaRJackson is well-respected
Tease away

Posted part 3 of my short story, Never Buy Another Self-Help Book Again! Part 4 will go up next week, along with a request for betas on my novel (the one that I've teased the prologue and another section).

Also, I got the news that I've made it through the first round of judging on the WOW! Quarterly Flash Fiction Contest (Spring). The summer contest is open until August 31.

Will get to others' teasers throughout the morning and evening.

Crow's Rest, a darkly funny young adult urban fantasy, forthcoming from Spencer Hill Press in May 2015
Add it on Goodreads

Website
Blog: Angelic Muse: Angelica R. Jackson
Photography
Twitter: @angelicarjaxon
Facebook

AngelicaRJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:25 PM   #2889
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Summer Fling teaser

I'm going to try to read everyone's today, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to. My laptop's gone down three times in the last two hours and it's only noon.

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Horserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:38 PM   #2890
Moost
Is not my real name

Moost has a golden reputationMoost has a golden reputationMoost has a golden reputationMoost has a golden reputationMoost has a golden reputationMoost has a golden reputation
Tease, of course

PLAN B- agented
JUKEBOX HERO- 20K
Moost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 10:54 PM   #2891
PhoebeNorth
Time Lord Victorious

PhoebeNorth has a spectacular aura
I teased! Just about to grab lunch and sit down with your teasers. Om nom nom.
"Oh, all the poets they studied rules of verse
And those ladies, they rolled their eyes"
www.phoebenorth.com
www.intergalactic-academy.net
PhoebeNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:11 AM   #2892
ChristinaM
Christina's Buzz

ChristinaM is on a distinguished road
My tease today...
ChristinaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:19 AM   #2893
~*Kate*~
brings the random.

~*Kate*~ is a candidate for sainthood~*Kate*~ is a candidate for sainthood~*Kate*~ is a candidate for sainthood~*Kate*~ is a candidate for sainthood~*Kate*~ is a candidate for sainthood~*Kate*~ is a candidate for sainthood~*Kate*~ is a candidate for sainthood~*Kate*~ is a candidate for sainthood
Two for Tuesday-- in which I am semi-brain dead & rely on @MyraMcEntire, @kapybara, @courtney_s & @amparo_ortiz for fun.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:41 AM   #2894
Kathleen42

Kathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My Eclipse experience, plus likes and dislikes.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:28 PM   #2895
DrummerGirl
Capturing the Castle

DrummerGirl is a glorious beacon of lightDrummerGirl is a glorious beacon of lightDrummerGirl is a glorious beacon of light
YA Highway's RTW: Best Book of the Month.

Me and this book = love
Old 06-30-2010, 10:12 PM   #2896
~*Kate*~
brings the random.

~*Kate*~ is a candidate for sainthood~*Kate*~ is a candidate for sainthood~*Kate*~ is a candidate for sainthood~*Kate*~ is a candidate for sainthood~*Kate*~ is a candidate for sainthood~*Kate*~ is a candidate for sainthood~*Kate*~ is a candidate for sainthood~*Kate*~ is a candidate for sainthood
My Road Trip Wednesday, in which Sherman Alexie takes a role as one of my backup boyfriends-- and not just for PART-TIME INDIAN.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:17 PM   #2897
PhoebeNorth
Time Lord Victorious

PhoebeNorth has a spectacular aura
I took a break from reading YA this week. My review of Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See!
"Oh, all the poets they studied rules of verse
And those ladies, they rolled their eyes"
www.phoebenorth.com
www.intergalactic-academy.net
PhoebeNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:08 AM   #2898
Sage
Hero, villain, angel, demon
AW Moderator

Sage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My Road Trip Wednesday post. Best book of June, in which I wow you with my indecisiveness

Love Sucks - Musa Publishing, B&N, Amazon
"Fireflies" - Absolute Visions

A Paranormal Bromance: Revising

Super/Human (Hero/Villain #2):

This week, I'm in: San Diego!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:42 PM   #2899
Shadow_Bee
Meddling with the Muse

Shadow_Bee has a spectacular auraShadow_Bee has a spectacular aura
MY LAST DAYS OF TEENDOM: THE FINAL ADIEU

Blog
Twitter
Shadow_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #2900
Kathleen42

How Jerry O'Connell and the TV show Sliders helped me world-build and revise. Yeah, it's a geeky post but at least I finally said something about writing.