Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Rejection and Dejection
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 01:09 AM   #3301
kellion92
A cat may not look at a king

kellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
(((Leigh)))) I hate moving under the best circumstances.

ETA: I was really expecting one of those Monday bloodbaths but just crickets. Subbed my old book to a couple places just cause but I'm thinking maybe I should try to rewrite it as YA instead of upper MG. *ponder*

Last edited by kellion92; 03-01-2011 at 01:46 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:18 AM   #3302
ink wench
ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine

ink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
(((Leigh))) Moving always sucks.

Kellion, rewriting it might not be a bad idea. YA still seems to be pretty hot, depending on the genre.

Have a nasty headache. Think I'm going to put S aside again for a while and keep working on NM. Maybe when my mood improves I won't think it sucks so much.

An0ther L1ttle P1ece 0f My Heart
(Harlequin Teen)- December 2013

Twitter * Website
Old 03-01-2011, 05:13 AM   #3303
Leigh.Lyons
Bored Fanatic

Leigh.Lyons leaves trails of profuse coolnessLeigh.Lyons leaves trails of profuse coolnessLeigh.Lyons leaves trails of profuse coolnessLeigh.Lyons leaves trails of profuse coolnessLeigh.Lyons leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by ink wench View Post
(((Leigh))) Moving always sucks.

Kellion, rewriting it might not be a bad idea. YA still seems to be pretty hot, depending on the genre.

Have a nasty headache. Think I'm going to put S aside again for a while and keep working on NM. Maybe when my mood improves I won't think it sucks so much.
Is it a headache or a migraine? Because I'm good with fixing migraines... though the cure may not let you sleep depending on how close you are to your bed time...

Facebook

Old 03-01-2011, 06:44 AM   #3304
lkp
practical experience, FTW

lkp has earned our admirationlkp has earned our admirationlkp has earned our admirationlkp has earned our admiration
Ink, is that Lilith in your avatar? I was just reading about her, and I'd swear I saw that illustration.

The Pit always needed its own demon.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #3305
Cricket18
Gnawing my hairless tail

Cricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*sidles up to the bar*

Much better down here, if you can believe I'm saying that. It's WAY too bright, happy, and shiny up in Purgatory.

*drinks maggotini, chews on moldy olive*
Old 03-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #3306
Haupe
Mad Thread Killa

Haupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaupe is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcascade View Post
Hey...has anyone realized that Haupe (if I'm pronouncing it correctly) sounds an awful lot like 'hope' *eyes Haupe suspiciously and checks for butterfly wings*
soul, you can relax. The "less" in my name is just invisible.

Thanks for the welcome, all. I'm less pessimistic than yesterday, but I'm sure that's only fleeting. Plus, I enjoy gallows humor.

"When writing a novel, that's pretty much entirely what life turns into: House burned down. Car stolen. Cat exploded. Did 1500 easy words, so all in all it was a pretty good day." ~Neil Gaiman

"Perfectionism may look good in his shiny shoes, but he's a little bit of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties." ~Ze Frank
Old 03-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #3307
ink wench
ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine

ink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Leigh, thanks but it was just a regular headache. I don't get migraines, fortunately.

lkp, I've seen that statue attributed to Lilith, Inanna, and Erishkigal before. My WIP is based on Sumerian myth, so I was going for either Inanna or Erishkigal. Preferably Erishkigal, seeing as she's queen of the underworld. And the underworld has a lot in common in with the Pit.

An0ther L1ttle P1ece 0f My Heart
(Harlequin Teen)- December 2013

Twitter * Website
Old 03-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #3308
lkp

lkp has earned our admirationlkp has earned our admirationlkp has earned our admirationlkp has earned our admiration
It's an amazing relief. And I'm happy to go with Erishkigal, since I'm down on Lilith at the moment for various reasons.

ETA for Cricket: I didn't think olives *could* go mouldy. I guess the Pit is a marvelous place of dreams where anything can happen.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #3309
RedScylla
KoalaKoalaKoala!

RedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Pitpitpit. Full blown wallowing commencing in 3 ... 2 ... 1

Between a blog and a hard place.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:47 PM   #3310
PrincessofPersia

PrincessofPersia is a glorious beacon of lightPrincessofPersia is a glorious beacon of lightPrincessofPersia is a glorious beacon of light
And I'm officially out there. Just send out a batch of queries. Let the nervous hand wringing begin.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:54 PM   #3311
RedScylla
KoalaKoalaKoala!

RedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRedScylla is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Just for you, PoP.

Here in the Pit, we'll ring your hands for you.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:59 PM   #3312
PrincessofPersia

PrincessofPersia is a glorious beacon of lightPrincessofPersia is a glorious beacon of lightPrincessofPersia is a glorious beacon of light

I need to get one of those. The pasta calls to me.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #3313
SteveCordero
Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'

SteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSteveCordero is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mornin', Pit

Considering I started off the requestless February with Kellion's Mystery Agent content, I entered it again for March for closure.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #3314
soulcascade
Bright lights induce scuttling

soulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthood
LOL Haupe alrriiigght we'll keep ya then

ACK Red, you're so hard core

Ink-tsk-didn't you learn from Red? The beams of sunshine in Purgatory will only serve to painfully blind us Pitizens.

Awesome Princess! Welcome to the torture *ahem* query go round!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:35 PM   #3315
PrincessofPersia

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulcascade View Post
Awesome Princess! Welcome to the torture *ahem* query go round!
Can I ride the tiger?
Old 03-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #3316
RedScylla
KoalaKoalaKoala!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofPersia View Post
Can I ride the tiger?
I'm pretty sure the Pit's query-go-round only features the more, uh, undesirable animals. Like the hyena. And the coelacanth. And ... I think the one you're riding is a three-legged butt-faced warthog. But you can call it a tiger, if that works better for you.

Old 03-01-2011, 09:37 PM   #3317
PrincessofPersia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScylla View Post
I think the one you're riding is a three-legged butt-faced warthog. But you can call it a tiger, if that works better for you.
I shall call him...Leontes.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #3318
Vandal
In the Center of things

Vandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVandal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Come to Daddy:

Center Point is available from Writers AMuse Me Publishing

My website
Old 03-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #3319
PrincessofPersia

Aw, he looks really happy.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #3320
soulcascade
Bright lights induce scuttling

soulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthood
Is anyone else thinking of the li@n K1ng here?? It's Pumba! *important voice* Princess, I only ever ride hell hounds, while sipping maggotinis, it's fun to watch the hounds piddle on onlookers
Old 03-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #3321
PrincessofPersia

Well, I only ever drink White Russians, though I guess we can call them White Pus-sians or something down here.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #3322
Leigh.Lyons
Bored Fanatic

Leigh.Lyons leaves trails of profuse coolnessLeigh.Lyons leaves trails of profuse coolnessLeigh.Lyons leaves trails of profuse coolnessLeigh.Lyons leaves trails of profuse coolnessLeigh.Lyons leaves trails of profuse coolness
Wow! such frivolity down here this morning. Nothing to report except that I'm not supposed to be here today because this is my last day to pack. Tomorrow, I make the 4 hour trek to my boyfriend and we can resume apartment hunting.

Facebook

Old 03-01-2011, 10:39 PM   #3323
RedScylla
KoalaKoalaKoala!

I require levity today, to keep me from vomiting in my own mouth.

Oy. Apartment hunting. It's a special kind of hell.

Old 03-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #3324
PrincessofPersia

Quote:
Ha!

Quote:
Oy, tell me about it. It's bloody brutal sometimes.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #3325
Leigh.Lyons
Bored Fanatic

Quote:

(((Red)))) I know how that is!

*Security takes my arm and drags me out*

Okay, okay, I'm really not here today!!

Facebook

Closed Thread