Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #801
Angie
Sonic Wench.

Angie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Sorry.

*shuffles out of thread, kicking at the ground*
Old 01-18-2009, 08:19 PM   #802
brad_b
Knight Errant

brad_b is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrad_b is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrad_b is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrad_b is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrad_b is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrad_b is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrad_b is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrad_b is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrad_b is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrad_b is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrad_b is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birol View Post
All you revolutionaries front and center.

Staging a coup and taking over the board is one thing, but bringing it crashing down is quite another.

Angie, no more nuclear weapons. No more of your booms. Understand me?
Whatever happened to make AW disappear...let's not let it happen again. Withdrawal is not a pretty sight...

"Live and dream of a brighter tomorrow, but live today so as to fulfill that tomorrow."

"Not hammer strokes, but dance of the water sings the pebbles into perfection." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Still round the corner there may wait,
A new road, or a secret gate." - J.R.R. Tolkien

A Knight's Journey Into Doom Quest
Old 01-18-2009, 08:24 PM   #803
Fenika
practical experience, FTW

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
But without Angie's little Booms to shake up the tectonic plates, then the crash would have come later but been much worst. I think she needs a few stars to go with that badge

And you're right Brad. We all need our AW. Our lifeline. Our home on the interwebz. Our playground, community, and a place more magical than chuckeecheezes. Or Disney.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:26 PM   #804
Angie
Sonic Wench.

Angie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamutchild View Post
But without Angie's little Booms to shake up the tectonic plates, then the crash would have come later but been much worst. I think she needs a few stars to go with that badge
Yeah. So, really, I saved AW. So there!
Old 01-18-2009, 08:26 PM   #805
petec
Lurking

petec has a double-platinum reputationpetec has a double-platinum reputationpetec has a double-platinum reputationpetec has a double-platinum reputationpetec has a double-platinum reputationpetec has a double-platinum reputationpetec has a double-platinum reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post

Sorry.

*shuffles out of thread, kicking at the ground*
Don't go Angie. Without your booms, the revolution would not be the same

Old 01-18-2009, 08:31 PM   #806
Angie
Sonic Wench.

How about just a little one, as a welcome back to AW?

Old 01-18-2009, 08:37 PM   #807
petec
Lurking

petec has a double-platinum reputationpetec has a double-platinum reputationpetec has a double-platinum reputationpetec has a double-platinum reputationpetec has a double-platinum reputationpetec has a double-platinum reputationpetec has a double-platinum reputation
AAAH That's better

Now I feel I am home again
Old 01-19-2009, 05:44 AM   #808
DL Hegel
Tigress Tyrant
Horror Hounds Dominatrix

Location: I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frelling Dent. I'm Dorothy Gale from Kansas.
DL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
How about just a little one, as a welcome back to AW?

I am a crash boom girl--I missed the sight and sound of Angie's explosions.

More please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurotic View Post
I don't know, mighty Tigress. You've presented some fine alternatives, but Boston and Rob are the little-black-dresses of blame. You know. Classics.
crash boom girl, the original.
FB book page
Outside of the box with Girl in a Coma.
My music column
The Airborne Toxic Event, if it feels good
Old 01-19-2009, 05:53 AM   #809
Fenika

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Woo hoo! Now that's a show
Old 01-19-2009, 06:10 AM   #810
bsolah
AW's Resident Commie

bsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Statement: The AWRP denies all involvement in the crash of AW.

Homepage | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Sanity Juxtaposed
Old 01-19-2009, 06:12 AM   #811
Angie
Sonic Wench.

It was just a LITTLE boom.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:13 AM   #812
Birol
Around and About
SuperModerator

Birol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
And yet it keeps going down after Angie's booms.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:14 AM   #813
Angie
Sonic Wench.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:29 AM   #814
Fingers
Just plain scary looking.

Fingers leaves trails of profuse coolnessFingers leaves trails of profuse coolnessFingers leaves trails of profuse coolnessFingers leaves trails of profuse coolnessFingers leaves trails of profuse coolness
Hmmm, if this is the result of the revolution I think Id rather have the jackboots. Ah well, as #2 you can always try harder.

Viva le status quo or words to that effect.

yer pal brian
Old 01-19-2009, 06:41 AM   #815
DL Hegel
Tigress Tyrant
Horror Hounds Dominatrix

Location: I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frelling Dent. I'm Dorothy Gale from Kansas.
DL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsolah View Post
Statement: The AWRP denies all involvement in the crash of AW.
Of course it has nothing to do with Angie's boomage!

RT says it's Dawno---
I have my own theory it involves Paris Hilton and a certain dog.

Quote:
I don't know, mighty Tigress. You've presented some fine alternatives, but Boston and Rob are the little-black-dresses of blame. You know. Classics.
FB book page
My music column
Old 01-19-2009, 06:42 AM   #816
bsolah
AW's Resident Commie

bsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudgebsolah is better than ice cream with hot fudge
It was Barbare Bauer!

Homepage | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Sanity Juxtaposed
Old 01-19-2009, 06:46 AM   #817
DL Hegel
Tigress Tyrant
Horror Hounds Dominatrix

Paris Hilton!

Quote:
FB book page
My music column
Old 01-19-2009, 06:53 AM   #818
Fenika

RT never steers us wrong!
Old 01-19-2009, 06:53 AM   #819
Calixus
OMG! What'd you say then??

Calixus has a spectacular auraCalixus has a spectacular aura
[quote=alleycat;3151849]This is how I'm picturing the revolutionaries.

Hotlinked image removed by Admin: FAQ: Don't Hotlink to Images

Whoa Alleycat! BAD KITTY!!!!!

A Knight's Journey into Doom

"Mom, sleep is over-rated." Polar Bear, my son.

When asking my son, Polar Bear at age 12, why he had done something so stupid I was stunned by the sheer idiocy of it, he looked me in the eye and with a completely straight face said, "Lack of diversity in my genetic pool."

Completed:
Moonlight Blue - 138,911 words, headed for the editor...gulp....
Demon Bindings - 138,841 words
Family Blood - 162,241 words
(Book four no title yet) - 201,176 words

WIP:
(Book five no title yet) - 31,593 words, hit the wall again

Last edited by AW Admin; 12-01-2012 at 03:58 AM.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:56 AM   #820
Calixus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeEkaitis View Post
I'll bring a covered dish if someone else will bring the sodas.

I don't have any soda but will beer do?

When asking my son, Polar Bear at age 12, why he had done something so stupid I was stunned by the sheer idiocy of it, he looked me in the eye and with a completely straight face said, "Lack of diversity in my genetic pool."

Completed:

WIP:
Old 01-19-2009, 07:01 AM   #821
Calixus

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
The firing squad are all Frenchmen, they've already surrendered and are now offering cheese and wine to the mods.
Dastardly plan by the Mods!!! Are they serving white wine for surrender or red for turncoats????

Completed:

WIP:
Old 01-19-2009, 07:02 AM   #822
DL Hegel
Tigress Tyrant
Horror Hounds Dominatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamutchild View Post
RT never steers us wrong!
two words: giant ant.

Quote:
FB book page
My music column
Old 01-19-2009, 07:10 AM   #823
Calixus

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Molotov Cocktail
Ingredients:
* 1 1/2 oz Vodka
* Float 1 splash 151 proof rum

Mixing instructions:
Pour a shot of vokda (preferably Russian), float the 151, light, blow out
Um Alleycat? Should this not be "...float the 151, light...", THROW BOTTLE, RUN LIKE HELL, LAUGH YOUR A@@ OFF, WATCH IT BLOW UP????

Just a thought...the smell of burnt hair makes me nauseous....

Completed:

WIP:
Old 01-19-2009, 07:12 AM   #824
Fenika

Well, there was the giant ant. I'm still waiting for an explanation. I'm sure he had some twisted path of logic he followed.

Welcome to the revolution Calixus. Feel free to blow things up. 'Cept for the servers ofc. They've taken enough abuse
Old 01-19-2009, 07:13 AM   #825
Calixus

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmordon View Post
Hotlinked image removed by Admin: FAQ: Don't Hotlink to Images

O Heavens! I've been hit! Tell them I said something, don't let it finish this way, tell them I said something great... make up something... or steal from a quotebook... but don't let it finish this way. tell 'em I said something...
Who put that stinking branch there...???? And somebody catch my horse!!!

Completed:

WIP:

Last edited by AW Admin; 12-01-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Closed Thread