Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Humor
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2005, 01:48 AM   #1
DTKelly
The Rememberer

DTKelly has a spectacular auraDTKelly has a spectacular aura
Paying news satire sites???

Are there any out there accepting freelance work??

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. -- Douglas Adams
DTKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 04:35 AM   #2
batyler65
Plot Monkey

batyler65 has a golden reputationbatyler65 has a golden reputationbatyler65 has a golden reputationbatyler65 has a golden reputationbatyler65 has a golden reputationbatyler65 has a golden reputation
I don't know any off the top of my head. Anybody else have any leads??

I found several non-paying ones with a google search on "satire" and "news" (without quotes).

Barb
batyler65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 09:08 AM   #3
DTKelly
The Rememberer

DTKelly has a spectacular auraDTKelly has a spectacular aura
yeah.. this is pretty much what I figured...

Oh well...

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. -- Douglas Adams
DTKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 04:08 PM   #4
Birol
Around and About
SuperModerator

Birol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBirol is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My one satire piece was published for pay. But the magazine I published in wasn't devoted entirely to satire. My article was just the dessert -- or maybe the appetizer -- for the main meal.

Birol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 04:23 PM   #5
batyler65
Plot Monkey

batyler65 has a golden reputationbatyler65 has a golden reputationbatyler65 has a golden reputationbatyler65 has a golden reputationbatyler65 has a golden reputationbatyler65 has a golden reputation
Oh, that's a good point. You might check writer's guidelines for some of your favorite magazines that use humor. Many look for satire as well. It's worth a shot.

BTW: I think Funny Times still uses satire, but am not sure if it is "news" satire.
batyler65 is offline   Reply With Quote