Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2008, 01:26 AM   #26
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madisonwrites View Post
Ooh, I have a question. How many mods are there?
If you click on the button at the bottom of the main page 'View Forum Leaders' this will give you a full list of all the moderators and the forums they moderate. As I'm about to watch Heroes on TV, I can't count how many there are at the moment, but if you fancy giving it a go you can click here to count them up .

Quote:
And another. Is there a "head mod" or anything like that, or are you all pretty equal in rank?
I think of myself as the 'head dragon' . There are Forum Mods who mod individaul forums (sometimes two or three), then there are SuperMods who also mod individual forums but can also do things in all forums on the board, then of course the Admin who sort out stuff to do with the admin of the boards and of course the top dog, Mac. She-da-man, although she is in fact a woman, but still, she-da-man .

Quote:
And again. Are you all writers, authors, both, or lovers of the Net?
I'm a writer, of sorts although it's not my primary income. I think most of us are writers, although Haggis is a dog. A little dog. A not very big dog. In fact one of the smallest dogs in the world .

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

My Blog: A Few Random Thoughts

Last edited by jvc; 11-20-2008 at 02:19 AM.
jvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:26 AM   #27
Stew21
SuperModerator

Stew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
At last count - 53 mods - that includes Mac and the supers.

Head Mod? - um...Rolling Thunder is a Giant Evil Smiley Head.

Mac "runs the joint" so that makes her head mod. Beyond that, supers have more super powers than the rest of us (and dpaterso thinks he's the boss of me, but he ain't).

Mostly writers, but not all.

My poetry pick of the week (I say that like I pick one every week; I don't) belongs to Kuwisdelu.
Stew21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:10 AM   #28
Ol' Fashioned Girl
Irish to my roots & an
AW Moderator

Ol' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestone View Post
Why did Haggis go from a super scary avatar to a cute little chihuahua? Will forum posters ever take him seriously again?
They can't do 'again' what they never did 'before'!

Quote:
Ooh, I have a question. How many mods are there?
Thousands. Hundreds of thousands. Or 54 - unless I lost count. That includes the owner, all the supers, and all the plain vanilla mods like me.

Quote:
And another. Is there a "head mod" or anything like that, or are you all pretty equal in rank?
MacAllister Stone is the boss. The rest of us grovel at her feet. Rolling Thunder will try to make you believe he sits at the right hand of Mac, but we know better. Do not believe him.

Quote:
And again. Are you all writers, authors, both, or lovers of the Net?
I can't speak for the others, but I think of myself as a writer. The 'net and I have a 'love/hate' relationship... it's so much better than the ol' days when the networks were local BBSs run on DOS, but there are days I long for the insulation of having 10 PCs connected instead of billions...

Click us... come on! Click us. You want to. You know you do.
Ol' Fashioned Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:12 AM   #29
Ol' Fashioned Girl
Irish to my roots & an
AW Moderator

Ol' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Believe Stew on the count... I was distracted by three cats and a dog and a husband at the time I was counting...

Old 11-20-2008, 02:13 AM   #30
dpaterso
No one of consequence!
SuperModerator

dpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdpaterso is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew21 View Post
(and dpaterso thinks he's the boss of me, but he ain't).
I'm still waiting for that beer, woman! How long does it take to walk to a fridge and back?!

-Derek
dpaterso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:15 AM   #31
Ol' Fashioned Girl
Irish to my roots & an
AW Moderator

I gotcher beer rightcheer, Derek...

Old 11-20-2008, 02:16 AM   #32
ChessSafari
Don't Ever Quit

ChessSafari is on a distinguished road
Mr. Jed, kind moderator:

I was going to suggest this be a sticky thread...until I read the posts so far.

No, really, we need this, so sticky it. (I said s-t-i-c-k-y).

Speaking of which, where'd you stash the toll house cookies? I need a fix.

ChessSafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:22 AM   #33
ChessSafari
Don't Ever Quit

Wow, that was fast.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:23 AM   #34
Soccer Mom
Crypto-fascist
SuperModerator

Soccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cookies?

Join us for the Absolute Write-in #AWritein

Marguerite Says...Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge

I also Twitter & Facebook

People think Iím disciplined. It is not discipline. It is devotion. There is a great difference ~Luciano Pavarotti
Soccer Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:24 AM   #35
ChessSafari
Don't Ever Quit

Yep, Jed hords the cookies around here. I'm suppose to keep it secret, though, so shhhh.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:24 AM   #36
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessSafari View Post
Mr. Jed, kind moderator:

I was going to suggest this be a sticky thread...until I read the posts so far.

No, really, we need this, so sticky it. (I said s-t-i-c-k-y).

I am a caring mod who listens, and as such I have stickied the thread

Quote:
Wow, that was fast.
You are not the first person to have noted this .

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

Old 11-20-2008, 02:27 AM   #37
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer Mom View Post
Cookies?
Quote:
Yep, Jed hords the cookies around here. I'm suppose to keep it secret, though, so shhhh.
There are no cookies here people, move along, nothing to see, no cookies, none at all, nope, there are no cookies, not a single one, not at all .

Old 11-20-2008, 02:55 AM   #38
Soccer Mom
Crypto-fascist
SuperModerator

Soccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
If there were cookies, what kind would they be?

Join us for the Absolute Write-in #AWritein

Marguerite Says...Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge

I also Twitter & Facebook

People think Iím disciplined. It is not discipline. It is devotion. There is a great difference ~Luciano Pavarotti
Soccer Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 02:59 AM   #39
Elonna
I'm a dork

Elonna leaves trails of profuse coolnessElonna leaves trails of profuse coolnessElonna leaves trails of profuse coolnessElonna leaves trails of profuse coolnessElonna leaves trails of profuse coolness
I steal all of Jed's cookies in the chatroom so...

Elonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:24 AM   #40
ChessSafari
Don't Ever Quit

Quote:
I think double-stuffed, like... (never mind)

Old 11-20-2008, 03:29 AM   #41
jst5150
"No. YOU move."
AW Moderator

jst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjst5150 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Since everyone's dodging, I've gone ahead and brought enough for everyone:

jst5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:43 AM   #42
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

Quote:
If there were cookies (IF) then they would of course be double choc-chip cookies of course .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elonna View Post
I steal all of Jed's cookies in the chatroom so...
See, it's all elonna's fault
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Since everyone's dodging, I've gone ahead and brought enough for everyone:

Mmmmm, oreos.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:47 AM   #43
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Rolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*prepares to create new list of people who get crumbs all over the forums*
Rolling Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:50 AM   #44
Fenika
practical experience, FTW

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Which mod has been a mod the longest? An AWer the longest?

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Fenika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:57 AM   #45
L M Ashton
crazy spec fic writer

L M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudgeL M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudgeL M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudgeL M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudgeL M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudgeL M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudgeL M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Considering the time warps we live in, the improbable time travel device, and the temperature of sea water, that would either be JVC, Jed, or Martin the Hare, depending on the time of day.

Laurie Ashton Farook

Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | LinkedIn | Walking the World | Chilli & Chocolate

L M Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 03:59 AM   #46
Fenika

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
If the water is cold, does the hare shrink?

*hides*

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 11-20-2008, 04:00 AM   #47
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Rolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*leafs through shmoo avatars*
Rolling Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:02 AM   #48
Fenika

A shmooing!

Oh great one, I would actually be honored if you super sized my beloved horse av.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 11-20-2008, 04:03 AM   #49
L M Ashton
crazy spec fic writer

L M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudgeL M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudgeL M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudgeL M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudgeL M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudgeL M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudgeL M Ashton is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Baha, yes, and can we do the eyeball only?

Laurie Ashton Farook

Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | LinkedIn | Walking the World | Chilli & Chocolate

L M Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:07 AM   #50
vixey
C'est la vie!

vixey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvixey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvixey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvixey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvixey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvixey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvixey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvixey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvixey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvixey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvixey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hmmmm....a question for the modestlinesses....

OK.

How does one achieve 2 or 3 rep point status?

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter.-Dr. Seuss

"Thank God for fingers and muses. Writing is like singing the blues on a laptop."-cwj
vixey is offline   Reply With Quote