Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Movies, TV, and Theater
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2008, 08:09 AM   #76
CatSlave
Mah tale iz draggin.

CatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthood
Angel Heart, starring Mickey Roarke, Robert De Niro and Lisa Bonet.

Bizarre and compelling story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_Heart

How PA treats its authors: Oh, stop the whining and contact support@publishamerica.com like everyone else.

PA authors CAN fight back. File a complaint with your credit card company.

Have a question? Who can you trust? Absolute Write, Writer Beware and Preditors & Editors
CatSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:20 AM   #77
ccarver30
The Appleton House

ccarver30 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsccarver30 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsccarver30 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsccarver30 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsccarver30 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsccarver30 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsccarver30 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsccarver30 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsccarver30 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Count of Monte Cristo (2002)
ccarver30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:20 PM   #78
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
A tricky question as I have a few. But to narrow it down to one, I'd say Gladiator. But I haven't seen The Dark Knight yet so I may change my mind next week.

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

My Blog: A Few Random Thoughts
jvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:17 PM   #79
Writer2011
practical experience, FTW

Writer2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished roadWriter2011 is on a distinguished road
The Shining 'nuff said!!!
Writer2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:10 PM   #80
miles
Pack Leader

miles has a spectacular auramiles has a spectacular aura
Tie between Superman and Fire Walk With Me
miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:02 AM   #81
Jojo_Dellis
No mercy for the MC

Jojo_Dellis is on a distinguished road
Pride and Prejudice (The one with Colin Firth)

le sigh
Jojo_Dellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #82
Yeshanu
Elf Queen

Yeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Um, three guesses, and you need to get all three right to get the point.

So, moving down on the list (meaning things I watch when I'm not watching LotR):

The Princess Bride
Star Wars (especially Return of the Jedi)
Indiana Jones
Mama Mia
Music and Lyrics
Any Monty Python

I may think of others, but these are the ones that come to mind first.
Yeshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:48 AM   #83
mario_c
Look deep into her brain...

mario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Drop what you're doing and rent the following if you haven't already:

2001: A Space Odyssey
Fantasia
Monty Python And The Holy Grail
Dawn Of The Dead (78 original)
Fight Club
Raising Arizona
Taxi Driver
Get Shorty
Pulp Fiction

And Snatch, Wings Of Desire, Dracula (l'original) and so many other classics.

Last edited by mario_c; 12-08-2008 at 09:56 AM.
mario_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:40 AM   #84
Beautiful_Liar
stay young at heart

Beautiful_Liar is on a distinguished road
The Godfather, definitely
Old 02-20-2009, 03:51 AM   #85
Gynn
Wandering worlds

Gynn has a spectacular aura
3-way tie:

The Goonies
Ghostbusters
The Neverending Story
Gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:57 AM   #86
childeroland
What happened to my LIFE?!

childeroland is a glorious beacon of lightchilderoland is a glorious beacon of lightchilderoland is a glorious beacon of light
Which version of Fantasia do you prefer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_c View Post
Drop what you're doing and rent the following if you haven't already:

2001: A Space Odyssey
Fantasia
Monty Python And The Holy Grail
Dawn Of The Dead (78 original)
Fight Club
Raising Arizona
Taxi Driver
Get Shorty
Pulp Fiction

And Snatch, Wings Of Desire, Dracula (l'original) and so many other classics.
childeroland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:14 AM   #87
Romantic Heretic
uncoerced

Romantic Heretic has a golden reputationRomantic Heretic has a golden reputationRomantic Heretic has a golden reputationRomantic Heretic has a golden reputationRomantic Heretic has a golden reputationRomantic Heretic has a golden reputation
Toss up between Paths of Glory and The Mission.

The latter has the most beautiful soundtrack I've ever heard.

Dominant Desires: Ropes and Roses Smashwords Amazon Barnes & Noble Sony Kobo

Stewardess - an erotic free read Smashwords Barnes & Noble Kobo

My website - Romantic Heretic
Romantic Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 06:49 AM   #88
nahalwi

nahalwi is on a distinguished road
Pride and Prejudice I could watch any day, any time, and many times.

Followed with:
The Princess Bride
Ever After
28 Days Later

Repo!The Genetic Opera is starting to get high on my list though.

Stop by and take a look at my art!

nahalwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:08 AM   #89
CatSlave
Mah tale iz draggin.

CatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthoodCatSlave is a candidate for sainthood
I just finished watching Million Dollar Baby with Hilary Swank, Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman.

Oh My Gawd.
It definitely deserved the zillion or so Oscars and nominations it received.

How PA treats its authors: Oh, stop the whining and contact support@publishamerica.com like everyone else.

PA authors CAN fight back. File a complaint with your credit card company.

Have a question? Who can you trust? Absolute Write, Writer Beware and Preditors & Editors
CatSlave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:34 AM   #90
Cyia
Rewriting My Destiny

Cyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Princess Bride.

Cyia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #91
DaddyCat

DaddyCat is a shiny, shiny jewelDaddyCat is a shiny, shiny jewel
Dittos on many of those mentioned, and a few of my own:

Horror: Kairo (Pulse) by Kiyoshi Kurosawa.
SF: Blade Runner.
War: a tie between Tears of the Sun and Kenneth Branaugh's Henry V.
Comedy: the Salkind's 1973 version of The Three Musketeers.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy is outstanding, but I definitely favor "The Fellowship of the Ring" above the other two. And lately I think I could watch The Dark Knight ten times a day and not get tired of it.

DaddyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #92
Diana Hignutt
Neo-Luddite & Anti-Corporatist

Diana Hignutt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDiana Hignutt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDiana Hignutt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDiana Hignutt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDiana Hignutt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDiana Hignutt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDiana Hignutt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDiana Hignutt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDiana Hignutt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDiana Hignutt is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDiana Hignutt is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I can't pick just one:

The Man in the Iron Mask
Fight Club
V for Vendetta
The Dark Knight
LOTR (yeah, the whole thing, extended editions, of course)
Sunshine
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
28 Days Later
American History X
3:10 to Yuma
Diana Hignutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #93
Alpha Echo
The Future is Bright

Alpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlpha Echo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hmmmm....

I wouldn't be able to call myself a dancer if I didn't say Dirty Dancing
Ever After
Titanic
The Notebook
The Sound of Music

Yup, I'm a hopelessly romantic girly girl. Deal with it.
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible"
T.H Lawrence

Alpha Echo is offline   Reply With Quote