Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2011, 09:47 PM   #5176
MissTannen
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

MissTannen is on a distinguished road
My last take-out was probably pizza a few weeks ago. Got to love Dominoes...
MissTannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:50 AM   #5177
Britwriter
practical experience, FTW

Britwriter is well-respected
Indian food. In London. More than a year ago. I won't do take out in the USA, because nothing compares....

Darn, now I'm craving a decent curry, and it will be a while before I go back to London and can get one.
Britwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:35 PM   #5178
warau
Contemplating stuff..

warau is on a distinguished road
A place called Hoto Moto in Japan. It's a chain that sells family restaurant style food, take out only. I had gyudon, basically beef on rice, excellent.
Notes to Myself
warau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:46 AM   #5179
Spiral
looking at the stars

Spiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputationSpiral has a golden reputation
Last take-out was a place downtown called Mostly Thai, which also happens to be my favorite. Beef vermicelli, hot shrimp rolls and tropical sticky rice for dessert. Yummy
Spiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:08 AM   #5180
tdupuis119

tdupuis119 is well-respected
Three days ago, papa gino's (kind of a mass thing), I had pasta and it was eh ... but required little on my part which some how makes it better.
tdupuis119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:09 AM   #5181
tdupuis119

tdupuis119 is well-respected
By the way, this question is making me hungry. Thanks a lot!
tdupuis119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:39 AM   #5182
SaraP
Organic All Natural SparklePony
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvc View Post
New Question of the Week:

What was the last take-out you had and did you like it and what is your favourite?

(Take-out=Take-away=you know, chinese/indian/subway/mcdonalds/burger king etc)
Last one was McDonald's, I think. The Big Kidlet got invited to a birthday party there and I was hungry.

I miss Subway.

Where this is desire, there is gonna be a flame.
Where there is a flame, someone's bound to get burned.
But just because it burns, doesn't mean you're gonna die -
You gotta get up and try.

P!nk - Try

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
SaraP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:31 AM   #5183
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
New QotW

So, as everyone on these boards, American or not, probably knows by now, yesterday was Thanksgiving. And while for my family, we're doing our big meal tomorrow for various reasons, it still has me thinking.

Post big meal eating binge: what do you do?

Here, of course, on T-day it is traditional to loosen your belt and watch football - the American version - on tv. But as we're eating tomorrow and I have no tv, I'll do neither.

Instead it will probably be conversation and another glass of wine as I take advantage of all that food in my system.

So, holiday or not, reason for it or just felt like it, after you've had a REALLY big feast, what's your usual routine?

And, for that matter, why do you feast?

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
slcboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:38 AM   #5184
SaraP
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That's a 2-in-1 question.

My favorite Post-Big-Feast activity is sipping tea and talking. My reasons for having a Big Feast center around my favorite food being served. Fresh grilled sardines are usually the tastiest when the embers are really low, which means the last ones are always the best. And I need lots of them so the bread will soak up on all the gooey tastiness from them.

P!nk - Try

Old 11-26-2011, 09:04 AM   #5185
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraP View Post
That's a 2-in-1 question.
Yes, it is.

Your point being?

FleasTwits
Old 12-23-2011, 01:01 AM   #5186
slcboston
word-slinger

New QotW

*dusts off thread*

wow, didn't realize it had been a month (almost)

Ok folks, it's that time of year again. No, not just the holidays, but the holiday movie season. And for the first time in a decade, there was no big fantasy movie release. No LOTR, no Harry Potter, nothing.

(Anyone says Twilight and I will hurt them.)

However, next year looks better. Thus prompting the first new question of the week in almost a month:

Of the big films scheduled to come out next year, what are you most looking forward to?

I confess to being torn between the Hobbit and Prometheus, especially now that I have seen the trailers for both. I think I am little worried about the Hobbit being cut in two, so I'm trying to take a wait and see aspect to that.

Trying, mind you. Not succeeding.

we wantsss it, precioussss

FleasTwits
Old 12-24-2011, 04:33 AM   #5187
SaraP
AW Moderator

I have no idea what Prometheus is, and yes, I did watch the trailer.

I guess that leaves The Hobbit, then, doesn't it?

P!nk - Try

Old 12-24-2011, 04:45 AM   #5188
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
I have no idea what Prometheus is, and yes, I did watch the trailer.
Ridley Scott's prequel to Alien, by the looks of it, despite his attempts to quash the rumors about it being so.

Hence my excitement.

FleasTwits
Old 12-24-2011, 04:49 AM   #5189
SaraP
AW Moderator

Given that I've never seen Alien, it's no surprise I'm not especially excited about it.

I did like the trailer, I'll admit. And I will watch Alien. Eventually. Probably.

P!nk - Try

Old 12-24-2011, 04:51 AM   #5190
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
Given that I've never seen Alien, it's no surprise I'm not especially excited about it.
I'd be shocked by this... but I'd be fooling no one.

And there are other movies coming out next year to choose from, you know.

FleasTwits
Old 12-24-2011, 05:19 AM   #5191
SaraP
AW Moderator

Oh sure. I hear the Twilight sag--

*runs*

P!nk - Try

Old 01-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #5192
raburgeson

raburgeson is on a distinguished road
Space definitely swimming and feeding sharks isn't my strong suite.
raburgeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:41 AM   #5193
raburgeson

raburgeson is on a distinguished road
It's been years and it was Wendy's frosties, mostly Greek restaurants and they don't have a drive though. Favorite Greek fries with chile dogs. You can and I have taken them out.

Last edited by raburgeson; 01-01-2012 at 12:42 AM.
raburgeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:04 AM   #5194
ChessSafari
Don't Ever Quit

ChessSafari is on a distinguished road
Last take out was The Piggery in Ithaca, NY...great pulled pork sandwiches and potato & bacon soup. Yum!

All time favorite is(was) Sam's Pizzeria in Milford, MA, but I fear it is now closed.

Best wishes,
Frank

ChessSafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:12 AM   #5195
unsettlednomad
banned as an incurable tosspot

unsettlednomad is on a distinguished road
checkers...but I would cheerfully give any digit of your choosing for a White Castle to move down here.
unsettlednomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #5196
slcboston
word-slinger

New QotW

*sounds trumpets*

New year, new Question of the Week!!

So, it' Jan 5th.

Which of your New Year's Resolutions have you either already broken, or anticipate breaking soon?

I was meant to start working out this week, but that has yet to materialize.

FleasTwits
Old 01-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #5197
Griesmeel
Wide eyed stumbler.

Griesmeel is on a distinguished road
The one that I would make a new year's resolution.

It's great that you have all these ideas for your next book but how 'bout you finish the first one? (Girlfriend)
Griesmeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #5198
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griesmeel View Post
The one that I would make a new year's resolution.
Well, you're already ahead of the game then, aren't you?

FleasTwits
Old 01-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #5199
SaraP
AW Moderator

You're assuming I've made New Years Resolutions to begin with.

P!nk - Try

Old 01-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #5200
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
You're assuming I've made New Years Resolutions to begin with.
et tu, Sparkles?

Well, then you should have, and let's leave it at that.

FleasTwits