Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #351
Hittman
practical experience, FTW

Hittman is well-respected
There was an uncomfortable silence on the other end of the phone when I asked the telemarketer if his cleaning service could get blood out of ceiling tiles.

While I was writing this, Pandora served up Eno's "Baby's On Fire." I think that would qualify for this thread:

Baby's on fire
Better throw her in the water
Look at her laughing
Like a heifer to the slaughter

Quick Hitts is the only blog that gets you Smartenized.
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:22 AM   #352
tiny
riding the sun

Location: Southern California between the Desert and the Mountains
tiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstiny is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
He loathed me, and I loved the possibilities that hate presented during the long days living in the same room.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:17 AM   #353
theDF_underground
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

theDF_underground is on a distinguished road
Sighing, Doug opened the first of his dead mother's journals and read a few lines; eyes widening, he read them again and discovered his mother had lost her mind.
serenityjbanks.wordpress.com
theDF_underground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #354
dgrintalis
'Tis true, she is a monstergirl

dgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The sound--high-pitched and shrieking--pushed its way in, and the fat man fell to the floor, writhing as his eardrums shattered.

INK on Goodreads
INK on Amazon

A tattoo can be a work of art…or a curse.

Out now in trade paperback and ebook from Samhain Horror.

Coming in Spring 2014: An as yet untitled collection of short fiction from Apex Publications.
dgrintalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #355
dgrintalis

dgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The thing that walked in the door at six o'clock wore my husband's face, but its terrible eyes were neither human nor anything close to sane.

INK on Goodreads
INK on Amazon

Coming in Spring 2014: An as yet untitled collection of short fiction from Apex Publications.

Last edited by dgrintalis; 02-19-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:07 AM   #356
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I knew it was going to be a bad day when the entire wall of my office blew in.

Find my books on Smashwords at https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/fotsgreg
Find my books on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/G.W.-Ellis/e/B...805&sr=1-2-ent
WIPs: Dark Horizons, Hivers, The Bar, Gated
FOTSGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #357
Rebekah7
Unofficial Jester

Rebekah7 is a shiny, shiny jewelRebekah7 is a shiny, shiny jewel
I dreamt about killing my wife and woke up next to her severed head.

Fun horror adventure story:
http://writertask.webs.com/demonsanddeadlines1.htm
Rebekah7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:02 AM   #358
Kitty27
So Goth That I Was Born Black
AW Moderator

Kitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Crimson pools of blood called me so sweetly. A red siren's song and one that I can never resist.

NIGHT CALLS(Finally have a title! )YA Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy Novel,Coming 2014.
Vampire Writer 4 life and don't GAF.

"You've got to stop with this rap crap,Kitty. Put on some blues,gal! Feel that pain,soul and a good old time. Get with some Howling Wolf,Denise LaSalle and Johnny Taylor. Not that Snoopy boy or whatever his name is."
RC Wilcox,RIP

Kitty27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:34 AM   #359
Rebekah7
Unofficial Jester

Rebekah7 is a shiny, shiny jewelRebekah7 is a shiny, shiny jewel
He signed the divorce papers with her lover's blood.

Fun horror adventure story:
http://writertask.webs.com/demonsanddeadlines1.htm
Rebekah7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:17 PM   #360
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It was one of those days when thunderstorms were rolling in and the light filtering through the clouds overhead had this yellow tinge that makes things look weird.

Find my books on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/G.W.-Ellis/e/B...805&sr=1-2-ent
Old 02-24-2010, 01:51 AM   #361
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Can you even begin to imagine not seeing the sunrise or even any hint of sunlight for a day, a month, a year? How about a hundred years? How about four hundred?

I haven't even seen the light of a cloudy day since I was turned. But the stars? Oh, I can tell you all about the stars...

Old 03-23-2010, 09:07 PM   #362
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It shouldn't be this easy, I thought as I swung the bat again. It shouldn't be this easy to kill someone.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
slcboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:01 AM   #363
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Ten thousand years is a long time to be gone from anywhere and I'd been gone for that long and more.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:02 AM   #364
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

I woke knowing there were ten thousand tons of rubble in the building collapsed above me.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:05 AM   #365
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Sergei sprang at me, seeming slow in the microgravity, as the first spark of fire erupted from the space station's wall.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:08 AM   #366
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Bitchin' Betty began yammering her "Pull up, pull up" monologue as my aircraft rolled into a dive and plummeted toward the waiting sand below.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:09 AM   #367
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Nine billion names of God, my ass. He's only got one and that one starts with a$$hole.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #368
dgrintalis

"Baby, is that you?" I whispered, waiting with one hand on the door jamb, the other clenched into a fist.

INK on Goodreads
INK on Amazon

Old 04-07-2010, 08:32 AM   #369
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That's funny, I thought there'd be more blood.

FleasTwits
Old 05-25-2010, 05:40 AM   #370
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Bump!

Setup: Quentin Dallas has just tracked down a nest of ghouls operating an all-night diner and is confronting them as they dig a corpse out of a grave.

"Are you gonna' eat that?" I asked.

(from my short story Plots)

Last edited by FOTSGreg; 05-25-2010 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:06 AM   #371
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

"It's eternity out there," Michael said. "You can't imagine it. It just goes on and on and on. One long endless eternal night." He turned and looked at me with eyes of blood.

"It's the perfect place for my kind to hunt."

Old 05-25-2010, 06:32 AM   #372
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

I looked over my shoulder at the people following. I looked ahead. The look in their eyes told me everything I needed to know and I drew my weapon.

All those people were willing and we were about to storm the Gates of Hell together. I was prouder than I'd ever been before in my entire life.

I raised my hand, looked back, and yelled something stupid.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:34 AM   #373
slcboston
word-slinger

The in-laws are coming to visit, permanently.

... okay, different kind of horror, but it's still a scary first line

FleasTwits
Old 05-25-2010, 06:36 AM   #374
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Boston, Try this,

Mary just told me our in-laws are coming for a visit. I intend to make it their last one...

Old 05-27-2010, 10:14 PM   #375
svnonnie
You Cheated! "Pirate"

svnonnie is on a distinguished road
A poisonous millipede raced the length of his jaw and then pausing pulled itself up to move along his lips stopping only to explore his nostrils, delicately poking its long fangs momentarily inside each.

"The Servant" 107K words
"Chupacabra" WIP 46K words

Last edited by svnonnie; 05-27-2010 at 10:53 PM.
svnonnie is offline   Reply With Quote