Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > AW History; Questions and Discussion > AW History and Community Event Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2008, 02:16 AM   #51
SpookyWriter
Banned

SpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
Saving you is not my goal.
Could I get a good shave though before you kills me?
Old 07-14-2008, 02:17 AM   #52
Ol' Fashioned Girl
Irish to my roots & an
AW Moderator

Ol' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyWriter View Post
And I got just the guy.

No. No. Nonono.

I like this one better:

Click us... come on! Click us. You want to. You know you do.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:26 AM   #53
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Rolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Certainly.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:28 AM   #54
SpookyWriter
Banned

SpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
Certainly.
Oh, I knewed there was a readson behind your sanity.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:28 AM   #55
Ol' Fashioned Girl
Irish to my roots & an
AW Moderator

Ol' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
A shave? You want a shave?

Old 07-14-2008, 02:28 AM   #56
Ol' Fashioned Girl
Irish to my roots & an
AW Moderator

Dammit, RT! You beat me to the punch again!

Old 07-14-2008, 02:29 AM   #57
SpookyWriter
Banned

He's busy calling Mac for instructions on how to handle the pOlicts forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Fashioned Girl View Post
No. No. Nonono.

I like this one better:

Old 07-14-2008, 02:30 AM   #58
mscelina
Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you

Location: Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fudz. Not pie. I do not share pie. EVER.
mscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmscelina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!

Johnny Depp is in da HOUSE!

Okay. Whew! That felt good!

*goes back to attaching chains to the bottom of the dangling bus, dropping them over the edge to the tow truck with its engine revving at the bottom of the gorge*
Old 07-14-2008, 02:31 AM   #59
SpookyWriter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscelina View Post
SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!

Johnny Depp is in da HOUSE!

Okay. Whew! That felt good!

*goes back to attaching chains to the bottom of the dangling bus, dropping them over the edge to the tow truck with its engine revving at the bottom of the gorge*
Did you say, George?

What's this I hear about my butt?
Old 07-14-2008, 03:34 AM   #60
Soccer Mom
Crypto-fascist
SuperModerator

Soccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I do? I do! I need an agent with no small knowledge of the law, too. You available?
Oh yes! Just happens I'm between gigs. We need to draft a killer rider. Do you have a favorite color for your dressing room? Special flowers? Foods? Music? Start a list!

Join us for the Absolute Write-in #AWritein

Marguerite Says...Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge

I also Twitter & Facebook

People think I’m disciplined. It is not discipline. It is devotion. There is a great difference ~Luciano Pavarotti
Old 07-14-2008, 04:35 AM   #61
Ol' Fashioned Girl
Irish to my roots & an
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer Mom View Post
Oh yes! Just happens I'm between gigs. We need to draft a killer rider. Do you have a favorite color for your dressing room? Special flowers? Foods? Music? Start a list!
Hmmm... dark grayish blue. Snow white macrame medallion drapes over windows overlooking the ocean. Absolute silence outside until I signal I'm awake by calling for my AW mug of hot Vanilla Rooibos tea (ordered specially from Cassiopeia's Corner - she knows exactly the blend I love!).

The flowers should be either white (to go with the blue/white theme) or red (and we'll be patriotic that day).

Foods... Mmmmm... Fresh seafood prepared by Alton Brown or Paula Deen. In a pinch, I'll accept Tyler Florence... unless Gerard decides he wants to cook for me, too.

Music... classical. Light classical. Beethoven. Mozart (no opera).

And I need chocolate available at all times... Fudge Love would be nice.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:05 AM   #62
Soccer Mom
Crypto-fascist
SuperModerator

Soccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Hmmm... dark grayish blue. Snow white macrame medallion drapes over windows overlooking the ocean. Absolute silence outside until I signal I'm awake by calling for my AW mug of hot Vanilla Rooibos tea (ordered specially from Cassiopeia's Corner - she knows exactly the blend I love!).

The flowers should be either white (to go with the blue/white theme) or red (and we'll be patriotic that day).

Foods... Mmmmm... Fresh seafood prepared by Alton Brown or Paula Deen. In a pinch, I'll accept Tyler Florence... unless Gerard decides he wants to cook for me, too.

Music... classical. Light classical. Beethoven. Mozart (no opera).
And I need chocolate available at all times... Fudge Love would be nice.

Got it! Yep. Seafood. How about for your entourage? What kind of eats do they need?

Oh, and the soundproofing for your dressing room. Very important.

I think you need a fresh supply of Evian for your flowers. Yup. And a crystal vase. Make that two in case Mindy or the cats breaks one.

Yeah, I can totally make this work.

People think I’m disciplined. It is not discipline. It is devotion. There is a great difference ~Luciano Pavarotti
Old 07-14-2008, 05:17 AM   #63
Ol' Fashioned Girl
Irish to my roots & an
AW Moderator

Throw in whatever you like for yourself - you're part of my entourage now. And don't forget a companion for yourself, too. I don't want you to get lonely while I'm busy working... which, by the way, will only be from the time I wake up until 4pm, Oklahoma time. (No nights, weekends, or holidays.)

And chocolate chip cookies. Plenty of those - half with pecans, half without.

And cold, cold, cold milk. Can't eat a warm chocolate chip cookie without icy cold milk.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:26 AM   #64
Soccer Mom
Crypto-fascist
SuperModerator

Quote:
Throw in whatever you like for yourself - you're part of my entourage now. And don't forget a companion for yourself, too. I don't want you to get lonely while I'm busy working... which, by the way, will only be from the time I wake up until 4pm, Oklahoma time. (No nights, weekends, or holidays.)

And chocolate chip cookies. Plenty of those - half with pecans, half without.

And cold, cold, cold milk. Can't eat a warm chocolate chip cookie without icy cold milk.
Check! For me? They're gonna have to up the Dr. Pepper budget.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:18 PM   #65
Bmwhtly
Yes, I'm back.

Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy
Bmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I don't post in this thread too often, so I'll settle for a Producer credit.

*sits back sends an AD for coffee*
"Anyone who can't stomach a bit of hypothetical grotesquery needs to toughen up, because the way the world's going, we'll all spend our final days scrabbling through a pile of steaming rubble, desperately scavenging for bits of charred baby to eat with our bare hands. And under those circumstances, a dark sense of humour will be a massive advantage."
Old 07-14-2008, 03:45 PM   #66
Ol' Fashioned Girl
Irish to my roots & an
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer Mom View Post
Check! For me? They're gonna have to up the Dr. Pepper budget.
Is that all you want? Oh, come on... you can have just about anything you want! How about... Mmmmm... A visit with Captain Phil?

Old 07-14-2008, 05:14 PM   #67
clockwork
In the zone...
SuperModerator

clockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Before we acquiese to any demands, or sign any contracts, I'll need to know the names of the last three films Jen starred in, what part she played and each film's worldwide box office gross.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #68
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

cray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
where are we?
script writing? ugh. the mods here are,..

oh,...hey there, clockwork! how are you doing? hope your day is progressing nicely thus far.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:22 PM   #69
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
Before we acquiese to any demands, or sign any contracts, I'll need to know the names of the last three films Jen starred in, what part she played and each film's worldwide box office gross.
I quite agree.

Frankly, I'm sick of all of you with your money-grubbing ways. This is about art. This is about creating something for future generations to enjoy. Let's hold off talk about money at least until we see the finished product, hm?

That little tirade should earn me 10% of the gross, don't you think, Clockwork?

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 07-14-2008, 05:28 PM   #70
Robert Toy
FOB and Slayer of windmills

Robert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRobert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRobert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRobert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRobert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRobert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRobert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRobert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRobert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRobert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRobert Toy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Happy Bastille Day Robert!

Merci beaucoup

“You're not.”

“It's so tough to be PC! You need to be respectful and tolerant, and use your brain.”

“Reported. Try getting your head out of your ass before posting.”

“Because of assholes like you who justify racism.”

“Honestly, just stop posting. Every time you do, you just end up being more of a racist asshole.”
Old 07-14-2008, 05:29 PM   #71
clockwork
In the zone...
SuperModerator

clockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
I quite agree.

Frankly, I'm sick of all of you with your money-grubbing ways. This is about art. This is about creating something for future generations to enjoy. Let's hold off talk about money at least until we see the finished product, hm?
That little tirade should earn me 10% of the gross, don't you think, Clockwork?
Well, said that man! I quite agree too. We can fight endlessly over contracts and perks paid for using money I've already spent set up in holding accounts but that won't change the world.

This is about art, about the creation of something lasting and important for the ages. I refuse to allow anyone to lower the tone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
where are we?
script writing? ugh. the mods here are,..

oh,...hey there, clockwork! how are you doing? hope your day is progressing nicely thus far.

Cray, don't you have a dildo to run?

Old 07-14-2008, 05:41 PM   #72
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

cray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

funny!

but no, haggis called me over here....it seems the scriptwriter 3000 runs on batteries.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:52 PM   #73
clockwork
In the zone...
SuperModerator

Gah! You're right.

Any chance of some commericial sponsorship from Eveready? I've got a whole merchandise and toy product line up in mind that are gonna need a helluva lotta batteries.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:37 PM   #74
Bmwhtly
Yes, I'm back.

Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy
Bmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork View Post
I've got a toy that are gonna need a helluva lotta batteries.
Yes you do. And unless you want to pictures of you and your toy to hit the tabloids, you'll give me a producer credit, 1% of the budget and 5% of the worldwide gross.
"Anyone who can't stomach a bit of hypothetical grotesquery needs to toughen up, because the way the world's going, we'll all spend our final days scrabbling through a pile of steaming rubble, desperately scavenging for bits of charred baby to eat with our bare hands. And under those circumstances, a dark sense of humour will be a massive advantage."
Old 07-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #75
clockwork
In the zone...
SuperModerator

That's a misquote and you know it! Go hock your wares to the National Enquirer. This is Hollyweird! People expect their studio chiefs to be perverts!

(we're off the record, right?)