Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > AW History; Questions and Discussion > AW History and Community Event Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2008, 08:57 PM   #51
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTC View Post
There's not a mountain of dogs ugly enough to pluck that acting pooch from.
Hey, hey! I deserve better from you. I was on your side when...

Well, I'm sure there must have been a time when I...

When people say bad things about you, I always...

Never mind.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 06-10-2008, 09:04 PM   #52
Soccer Mom
Crypto-fascist
SuperModerator

Soccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh, but on the silverscreen, everyone is played by someone prettier than real life. All major dog roles are played by female dogs anyway.

Too bad I've gone cat again.

Join us for the Absolute Write-in #AWritein

Marguerite Says...Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge

I also Twitter & Facebook

People think I知 disciplined. It is not discipline. It is devotion. There is a great difference ~Luciano Pavarotti
Old 06-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #53
Ol' Fashioned Girl
Irish to my roots & an
AW Moderator

Ol' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You need more caffeine, Mom. You're lamenting catdom.

Click us... come on! Click us. You want to. You know you do.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:19 PM   #54
Serenity
NCIS...

Location: ...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the head. :)
Serenity is a candidate for sainthoodSerenity is a candidate for sainthoodSerenity is a candidate for sainthoodSerenity is a candidate for sainthoodSerenity is a candidate for sainthoodSerenity is a candidate for sainthoodSerenity is a candidate for sainthoodSerenity is a candidate for sainthood
I vote for the Taco Bell Chihuahua.

I'm not so good at the advice thing. Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
Old 06-10-2008, 09:25 PM   #55
JenNipps
Have you JHS today?

JenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer Mom View Post
Ooh, more coffee for me but I don't think there is any unless Jenn doesn't want it and she doesn't so yay for more plus I saw this movie where there was this guy and he like hated this other guy and wanted to takeover the world so he tried to do some bad stuff and kidnap some people and I got bored so I watched this other show about this good guy that everyone thought was bad and he and uh and I kept flipping and got confused so I just watched SpongeBob Squarepants instead.

I think Sponge Bob has alot to say about the surreal alienation of modern urban living.

Oooh, donuts!
Um....

Is there a head-spinning smiley anywhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
*sings-I feel pretty. Oh, so pretty. Oh, so pretty and witty and bright....*

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Quote:
Too bad I've gone cat again.
OK, for some reason, I find this line to be funny as all getout. lol

I blame the transcription reports I've been editing. Yeah, that's it. Transcription reports.

Dang. Some of those would be sad movies, too.

"Giving yourself permission to create and to do the worst frees you to do what you want. You can evaluate the results later." (from "Permission," Devoted to Creating)
Old 06-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #56
Soccer Mom
Crypto-fascist
SuperModerator

Soccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSoccer Mom is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I blame the fourth cup of coffee I just drank to counteract my late night and early morning. They say once you go cat, you never go back.

I'm gonna go sit in the corner now.

People think I知 disciplined. It is not discipline. It is devotion. There is a great difference ~Luciano Pavarotti
Old 06-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #57
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenNipps View Post
Um....

Is there a head-spinning smiley anywhere?

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 06-10-2008, 09:43 PM   #58
ChaosTitan
Around
AW Moderator

ChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ooooooooh, purdy.....

"Holy f*ck!" --Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks, on CHANGELING.

The public doesn't trust them. The government wants to control them. Being a superhero has never been this hard, especially for Tempest.--Coming April 22, 2013 from Pocket Star.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:23 PM   #59
JenNipps
Have you JHS today?

JenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudgeJenNipps is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Quote:
I blame the fourth cup of coffee I just drank to counteract my late night and early morning. They say once you go cat, you never go back.
I've heard that before, though not in that context.

Quote:
I'm gonna go sit in the corner now.
That might be a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
Oh, cool! lol

It needs to go just a wee bit faster, though, to keep up with Soccer Mom. lol

"Giving yourself permission to create and to do the worst frees you to do what you want. You can evaluate the results later." (from "Permission," Devoted to Creating)
Old 06-11-2008, 12:13 AM   #60
Soccer Mom
Crypto-fascist
SuperModerator

:runs through thread giggling on the way to the sprinkler:

Old 06-11-2008, 12:39 AM   #61
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
:runs through thread giggling on the way to the sprinkler:
Is she gone now? Good.

*turns on sprinkler*

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 06-11-2008, 12:42 AM   #62
Soccer Mom
Crypto-fascist
SuperModerator

Ew! Not that sprinkler Haggis! Not even on a bet. Dog's are so dirty.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:16 AM   #63
ChaosTitan
Around
AW Moderator

ChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChaosTitan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
For anyone who's interested, down the hall we're running an all night Kevin Spacey marathon (cuz he's awesome). First up is The Ref, followed by LA Confidential, Se7en, and American Beauty.

Popcorn is free, and the butter has no fat or calories!

"Holy f*ck!" --Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks, on CHANGELING.

The public doesn't trust them. The government wants to control them. Being a superhero has never been this hard, especially for Tempest.--Coming April 22, 2013 from Pocket Star.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:56 AM   #64
JenNipps
Have you JHS today?

Now that's the way butter should be. lol

Old 06-11-2008, 04:36 PM   #65
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Rolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You know what would be fun? Let's put Haggis in the giant corn popper and turn it on!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:03 PM   #66
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
You know what would be fun? Let's put Haggis in the giant corn popper and turn it on!
See? This is clearly another case of supemodly abuse.

Quote:
We can roll the outcome in I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and have an afternoon snack.
See? This is Kevin's normal behavio(u)r.

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 06-11-2008, 05:23 PM   #67
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Damn you, HagDog. I thought for sure you would respond with, "Eat me!"
Nuh-uh. I believe in a kinder, gentler AW. A thousand points of light, and all that crap.

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 06-11-2008, 05:43 PM   #68
robeiae
AW's Foremost Intellectual

robeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Nope, sorry...can't understand your banter one bit.

Learning to run, T'ai Chi style--blogging about running and Eastern philosophy
Ponds of Happenstance--blogging about politics, economics, and history
Sailor on the Ponds--tweeting about everything

The Internet doesn't serve enough crow

Breathing during a run: find your center and run from within
More on the Altra Zero Drop shoe
Old 06-11-2008, 05:51 PM   #69
Bmwhtly
Yes, I'm back.

Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy
Bmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Movies forum ay?

I sense a way to finally drive all life out of this thread.

*drags in 42" TV*

*puts Jaws: The Revenge in DVD player, welds player shut*

*sets to play entire film on repeat*

That'll clear the thread.
"Anyone who can't stomach a bit of hypothetical grotesquery needs to toughen up, because the way the world's going, we'll all spend our final days scrabbling through a pile of steaming rubble, desperately scavenging for bits of charred baby to eat with our bare hands. And under those circumstances, a dark sense of humour will be a massive advantage."
Old 06-11-2008, 06:16 PM   #70
JenNipps
Have you JHS today?

Ya know...

Bnwhtly may have welded that DVD player shut....Hey! Wait a minute. How do you weld plastic anyway? Wouldn't it just melt?

Regardless, I have an extra DVD player here, KTC, and it's not even being used. We can unplug that one and hook this one up and watch something muchly much better than any of the Jaws movies.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:19 PM   #71
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

I wanna see some old Ozzie and Harriet reruns.

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 06-11-2008, 06:56 PM   #72
Bmwhtly
Yes, I'm back.

Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy
Bmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBmwhtly is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Curses!

Foiled again
"Anyone who can't stomach a bit of hypothetical grotesquery needs to toughen up, because the way the world's going, we'll all spend our final days scrabbling through a pile of steaming rubble, desperately scavenging for bits of charred baby to eat with our bare hands. And under those circumstances, a dark sense of humour will be a massive advantage."
Old 06-12-2008, 12:11 AM   #73
JenNipps
Have you JHS today?

I aim to (dis)please.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:21 AM   #74
Soccer Mom
Crypto-fascist
SuperModerator

Old 06-12-2008, 06:40 AM   #75
JenNipps
Have you JHS today?

Too bad it misses the mark too often.