Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2008, 07:41 PM   #701
melaniehoo
And thus we begin the edits

melaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Old 06-20-2008, 07:44 PM   #702
Captshady
What happened to my LIFE?!

Captshady should run for PresidentCaptshady should run for PresidentCaptshady should run for PresidentCaptshady should run for PresidentCaptshady should run for PresidentCaptshady should run for President
Hello ladies, I just stopped by to fart real quick!
Captshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:45 PM   #703
C.bronco
I have plans...

C.bronco is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsC.bronco is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsC.bronco is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsC.bronco is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsC.bronco is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsC.bronco is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsC.bronco is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsC.bronco is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsC.bronco is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsC.bronco is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsC.bronco is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Isn't that the way it always is?

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
C.bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:45 PM   #704
StoryG27
Weird is what I do.

StoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mel, next time he complains about your cooking, make him scrambled eggs smothered in oatmeal, not as a vengeful thing, just as a funny reminder that not all our attempts at a great meal end up as we hoped. He'd laugh, right?

Last edited by StoryG27; 06-20-2008 at 07:51 PM.
StoryG27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:49 PM   #705
Kitrianna
Official Bad Cat's Prez

Location: In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is safe...
Kitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
story...you forgot the honey. Oatmeal scrambled eggs smothered in honey. *shakes head* Poor guy...

Life's like a novel, with the end ripped out.
The edge of a canyon, with only one way down.
Take what you're given, before it's gone.
Start holdin' on, keep holdin' on.

Come see Kthrok, the kittens and of course me at www.freewebs.com/kitrianna You can even read my rantings there!

Legends of the Forgotten Wars: Kitrianna's Homecoming (MAJOR rewrite in progress and I do mean major people!!!) amongst numerous unnamed WIP's
Kitrianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:52 PM   #706
melaniehoo
And thus we begin the edits

melaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good idea. Oh, if you could have seen his face! I don't know what he was expecting.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:57 PM   #707
jennifer75
SupahStah!

jennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
morning, ladies.
Who do you think you're kidding???? Arbor mist????? Thats for pnssies, not women!

runs away hoping there aren't any arbor mist drinkers in here...
Old 06-20-2008, 07:59 PM   #708
StoryG27
Weird is what I do.

StoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniehoo View Post
Good idea. Oh, if you could have seen his face! I don't know what he was expecting.

Men do such wonderfully strange things sometimes. It is, IMO, one of their most endearing qualities. (No, seriously)
Old 06-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #709
jennifer75
SupahStah!

jennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEnders View Post
Where are ya'll this morning?
I was chasing Cray out of the thread...

Quote:
I just need someone to tell me it won't be as bad as I'm thinking it will. I need to be supportive, not jealous of the time school takes away from me. He'll have so much stress already, I don't want to add to it by needing his attention.
It's gonna suck. I'm not gonna lie to you. But it will only suck for the beginning, then you two will have discovered a way to make it work.

Don't worry.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:08 PM   #710
jennifer75
SupahStah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by storygirl View Post
Jennifer75, tell your boyfriend those ladies on the view don't know squat, here's the real skivvy on coffee.

I knew those cows didn't know what they were talkin about!
Old 06-20-2008, 08:12 PM   #711
jennifer75
SupahStah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniehoo View Post
but in my head I was wondering WTF he was doing. But I kept quiet.
What was he thinking??? Was he thinking?????
Old 06-20-2008, 08:23 PM   #712
ACEnders
Self-Banned

ACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer75 View Post
Thanks for that!

Quote:
It's gonna suck. I'm not gonna lie to you. But it will only suck for the beginning, then you two will have discovered a way to make it work.

Don't worry.
You're right. We adjusted to the shift work - that was hard at first. When he started with the travel, I literally sobbed when he would come home and tell me he had to go somewhere that week. But we adjusted.

It'll be hard. But we'll adjust.

"It was time. Her head was light and fuzzy, and her five senses were extra receptive the way they were when she was high on ecstasy. She could not only feel the metal of the weapon in her hand, but she could also taste it in her mouth. Her ears were ringing as though she’d already denoted the bullet; and her thoughts thickened like gravy in her mind, swirling and spinning and bubbling in a way that melded together all her memories, past dreams and long-forgotten hopes."

When A Heart Is Stolen - 62,489
ACEnders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:34 PM   #713
Eskimo1990
is here :)

Eskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Afternoon all.

It is now 12 here. And I only just got up 30 minutes ago. Stayed up until 2:15 with Matthew Our conversation was funny cause we were both really tired but neither one of us wanted to go to bed.

How is everyone?
Twitter

Eskimo1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:47 PM   #714
auntybug
teh other evil broad

Location: I am destined for greatness. I'm just pacing myself.
auntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

You meanie. Throw him my way if you don't want him

oh look
<---- caught him
auntybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #715
jennifer75
SupahStah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo1990 View Post
Afternoon all.

It is now 12 here.
That's funny, it's 100 here!
Old 06-20-2008, 09:42 PM   #716
ACEnders
Self-Banned

ACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputation
I love my husband!!!!
That is all.

"It was time. Her head was light and fuzzy, and her five senses were extra receptive the way they were when she was high on ecstasy. She could not only feel the metal of the weapon in her hand, but she could also taste it in her mouth. Her ears were ringing as though she’d already denoted the bullet; and her thoughts thickened like gravy in her mind, swirling and spinning and bubbling in a way that melded together all her memories, past dreams and long-forgotten hopes."

Old 06-20-2008, 09:45 PM   #717
sassandgroove
Sassy Crafter

sassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I had lunch with my husband. He brightens my day.

Leela, the bringer of joy, Hoshi, little sweetness and light in a dark package, and Garrus, the buddy boy
(image on flickr.com http://www.flickr.com/photos/jennymocha/8662266835/)
sassandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:49 PM   #718
jennifer75
SupahStah!

shushy with the mushy talk...or the men will think they've got one up on us and next thing you know they'll start acting like jerks.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:58 PM   #719
ACEnders
Self-Banned

My husband doesn't know about this thread, so I'm safe. Besides, he brags and talks mushygushy about me too. I've heard him.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:01 PM   #720
jennifer75
SupahStah!

AC where was your Av pic taken?
Old 06-20-2008, 10:07 PM   #721
ACEnders
Self-Banned

Clearwater Beach, FL two weeks ago. Poor Nate had to work during the day, but I got to roam the beach! It was taken before we took a sunset cruise.

Is yours your toes or did you find that online? I've been meaning to ask.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:08 PM   #722
jennifer75
SupahStah!

Those are mine.

Poolside in Palmsprings, Mem day wknd. Ooooooooooooooooooh yea.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:09 PM   #723
ACEnders
Self-Banned

Well you have very nice toes!!!

Old 06-20-2008, 10:20 PM   #724
jennifer75
SupahStah!

You look quite sexy yourself!
Old 06-20-2008, 10:27 PM   #725
ACEnders
Self-Banned

Thank you so much!