Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2008, 09:18 PM   #626
sassandgroove
Sassy & Mr. Groove

sassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer75 View Post
Silly Sass....Madonna is a brit. She's over on the other side of the pond.
Not when I lived in Los Angeles. She lived there. I remember when she had her kid, they sent a dummy ambulance one direction and then when the paparazzi followed it, she went the other.

Leela, the bringer of joy, Hoshi, little sweetness and light in a dark package, and Garrus, the buddy boy
(image on flickr.com http://www.flickr.com/photos/jennymocha/8662266835/)

Last edited by sassandgroove; 06-18-2008 at 09:21 PM.
sassandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:34 PM   #627
StoryG27
Weird is what I do.

StoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It's almost lunch time, and for once, I'm going out for lunch. But what shall I eat? Hmmm, I'm starving and have no clue what I'm in the mood for. Don't you hate when that happens?
Old 06-19-2008, 12:52 AM   #628
jannawrites
no, really

jannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I brought pizza home for some visiting family, about the same time my sister-in-law brought Chinese take out. The Chinese so hit the spot.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:54 AM   #629
melaniehoo
And thus we begin the edits

melaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannawrites View Post
I brought pizza home for some visiting family, about the same time my sister-in-law brought Chinese take out. The Chinese so hit the spot.
WHERE have you been?

Can I have your leftovers?
Old 06-19-2008, 12:56 AM   #630
jannawrites
no, really

jannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.bronco View Post
For the record, I don't like getting hit in the head with a pillow. I prefer to be served mimosas while soaking in a hot tub.
Ditto. I'll take an iced mocha in said hot tub.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:04 AM   #631
melaniehoo

melaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Ditto. I'll take an iced mocha in said hot tub.
Put cold water in said hot tub and I'm there!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:04 AM   #632
jannawrites
no, really

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniehoo View Post
WHERE have you been?

Can I have your leftovers?
All over! Ok, actually, fighting a migraine for THREE days. But I'm better today, and wanted to hang out while littlest is napping.

There's a little bit o' rice and some beef and broccoli. But I ate the last egg roll.

Old 06-19-2008, 01:05 AM   #633
jennifer75
SupahStah!

jennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My rant...I don't want to be at work. I spent the morning out in the sun for my sons graduation ceremony, and then went home to get a late breakfast in, then headed off to work. I'm here now. And having just done all that and had that feeling of being home and not having to go anywhere because I was there at such an odd time....I'm all thrown off. Girls, we know how I get when my schedule is off....don't we?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

And I've got a headache....and I haven't had coffee today. Is it too late? It's 12:42.......Gosh.....I really want it......maybe I'll ice it so it wont be so wierd......is coffee at 12:42 in the afternoon wierd? Another rant is that I just can't shudddddddup about the coffee. I blame whom ever down there just brought up iced coffee and bathtubs...

and mimosas.......

and pizza and chinese.....

and puppies. I want a puppy.

I'm delirious. I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed something.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:06 AM   #634
melaniehoo

Quote:
All over! Ok, actually, fighting a migraine for THREE days. But I'm better today, and wanted to hang out while littlest is napping.

There's a little bit o' rice and some beef and broccoli. But I ate the last egg roll.

Ugh, my sympathies.

You took too long so I made a PB & honey sandwich. We're running low on staples.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:14 AM   #635
StoryG27
Weird is what I do.

StoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStoryG27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
We ended up eating KFC, not healthy, but it was yummy. Now I'm snacking on marshmallows, though I shouldn't be.

Mel, NOW I can tell it's you! The beautiful dancing pic. . .Yup, that's you.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:16 AM   #636
melaniehoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by storygirl View Post
We ended up eating KFC, not healthy, but it was yummy. Now I'm snacking on marshmallows, though I shouldn't be.

Mel, NOW I can tell it's you! The beautiful dancing pic. . .Yup, that's you.
I felt weird and the bald head was getting on my nerves.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:18 AM   #637
sassandgroove
Sassy & Mr. Groove

sassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Honey I have coffee all day (until 4pm- no caffiene after 4pm sos I can sleep.)

Leela, the bringer of joy, Hoshi, little sweetness and light in a dark package, and Garrus, the buddy boy
Old 06-19-2008, 01:30 AM   #638
jennifer75
SupahStah!

jennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I just made an iced coffee, decaf fr. vanilla. Don't know why I bothered.....I really just want chocolate. How good does a hershey bar sound RIGHT NOW!
Old 06-19-2008, 01:31 AM   #639
sassandgroove
Sassy & Mr. Groove

as long as it is special dark. mmmm

Old 06-19-2008, 01:37 AM   #640
jennifer75
SupahStah!

NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!!!!

I'm settling for rainsins.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:37 AM   #641
jennifer75
SupahStah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassandgroove View Post
as long as it is special dark. mmmm

Have you tried the dark chocolate m&m's? I haven't yet, but want to.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:38 AM   #642
jennifer75
SupahStah!

Oooooooooh Hersheys Caramel!!!! Soooooooooo yummy. Hard to find though.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:43 AM   #643
sassandgroove
Sassy & Mr. Groove

ohhhhhhh yes the dark chocolate m&m's are yummy.
I had trail mix with raisins, nuts and chocolate. Mmmm.

Old 06-19-2008, 05:05 AM   #644
StoryG27
Weird is what I do.

I'm not a big dark chocolate fan, wish I was because I know it's better for you than the milk chocolate.

Well, we're having a very boring dinner of spaghetti (no meatballs), garlic bread, and green beans.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:16 AM   #645
Kitrianna
Official Bad Cat's Prez

Location: In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is safe...
Kitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm being bad tonight and making leftovers...the fridge is too full of them. K`throk has been slacking off...or maybe i've been overcooking again. Hmmm, something to ponder.

Life's like a novel, with the end ripped out.
The edge of a canyon, with only one way down.
Take what you're given, before it's gone.
Start holdin' on, keep holdin' on.

Come see Kthrok, the kittens and of course me at www.freewebs.com/kitrianna You can even read my rantings there!

Legends of the Forgotten Wars: Kitrianna's Homecoming (MAJOR rewrite in progress and I do mean major people!!!) amongst numerous unnamed WIP's
Kitrianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:47 PM   #646
Tink
Just soaking up some R&R...

Tink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTink is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I really don't have anything to rant about...I actually feel wonderful, glorious alive, 'singing out loud to silly songs good', 'dancing in the rain good' if it was raining but since it isn't---'dancing in the sunlight good'...

...and I didn't see this thread up and running this morning so I thought I'd give it a boost!!
The Occasion -- after its missed.
The Time -- after its gone.
'TINK'

Yee Haw!!!
Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:48 PM   #647
Eskimo1990
is here :)

Eskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEskimo1990 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ah, we fell to the second page!

Good morning girls!(and lurking guys)

My rant for today?
AIM is being stupid and won't let me sign on! grr
Twitter

Eskimo1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:52 PM   #648
ACEnders
Self-Banned

ACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink View Post
I really don't have anything to rant about...I actually feel wonderful, glorious alive, 'singing out loud to silly songs good', 'dancing in the rain good' if it was raining but since it isn't---'dancing in the sunlight good'...

...and I didn't see this thread up and running this morning so I thought I'd give it a boost!!
I'm so glad you're in such a good mood! I'm okay. Actually, I'm great. We're still in a horrible financial situation, waiting for either the other shoe to drop or for our saviour to come in the form of the refi we're still waiting on, but my husband is so sweet!

Yesterday, he had a late meeting and texted me all through it. He kept sending me messages like "I love you! You are so beautiful! I am such a lucky man!"

Then, my favorite - "I love you, my w/l ife!"

Get it wife/life?

This morning he was so cute, smiling and lovey and flashing the dimples that I L.O.V.E!!!

I'm so in love...

*sigh*

"It was time. Her head was light and fuzzy, and her five senses were extra receptive the way they were when she was high on ecstasy. She could not only feel the metal of the weapon in her hand, but she could also taste it in her mouth. Her ears were ringing as though she’d already denoted the bullet; and her thoughts thickened like gravy in her mind, swirling and spinning and bubbling in a way that melded together all her memories, past dreams and long-forgotten hopes."

When A Heart Is Stolen - 62,489
ACEnders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:59 PM   #649
Tink
Just soaking up some R&R...

Tink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTink is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh Ace that is so sweet and endearing...

Hope your financial dreams come true...

I think I could be on the verge of bankruptsy this morning and it could not dim the sunlight following me about.....even in this here room I am in now---I can feel the sun shining and warming me and my shades are pulled shut.

Morning Eskimo, sorry bout aim, maybe they'll get it right soon...
The Occasion -- after its missed.
The Time -- after its gone.
'TINK'

Yee Haw!!!
Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:05 PM   #650
jennifer75
SupahStah!

Exclamation

Ok, I apologize bursting in here without respectfully reading all of your gripes and rants, but I have to just say this:

My boyfriend wants me to stop drinking coffee.

He watched an episode of The View, where they were so nice to discuss all the baaaaaaad things drinking coffee does to your body, skin, health, etc.

I'm sorry. I can not do this. This will not work. Tea is NOT the same.