Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2008, 12:34 AM   #1
jannawrites
no, really

jannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Girlie Thread

So I got this idea from a thread in Story Research: Experts and Interviewees...

We girls have our moments, be they due to hormones or something else.

Let this be the place we come when our emotions are high and we need to let loose. We can be an ear for one another, because we all know what it's like.

Let the support begin!
Old 06-10-2008, 12:42 AM   #2
Kitrianna
Official Bad Cat's Prez

Location: In one of THOSE moods. Look out people, no one is safe...
Kitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitrianna is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Moments? I don't have moments! I have WEEKS! I'd kill for moments.
Like this week.
Screw up ankle: check
Break glasses: check
Make sure I have no money to get new glasses for 2 weeks: check
Dread what's going to go wrong next: check, check, check

Life's like a novel, with the end ripped out.
The edge of a canyon, with only one way down.
Take what you're given, before it's gone.
Start holdin' on, keep holdin' on.

Come see Kthrok, the kittens and of course me at www.freewebs.com/kitrianna You can even read my rantings there!

Legends of the Forgotten Wars: Kitrianna's Homecoming (MAJOR rewrite in progress and I do mean major people!!!) amongst numerous unnamed WIP's
Kitrianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:51 AM   #3
ACEnders
Self-Banned

ACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputationACEnders has a double-platinum reputation
Oh, what a GREAT idea!!!!!

I got nothing right now, but I'm so excited that you started this thread!!!

"It was time. Her head was light and fuzzy, and her five senses were extra receptive the way they were when she was high on ecstasy. She could not only feel the metal of the weapon in her hand, but she could also taste it in her mouth. Her ears were ringing as though she’d already denoted the bullet; and her thoughts thickened like gravy in her mind, swirling and spinning and bubbling in a way that melded together all her memories, past dreams and long-forgotten hopes."

When A Heart Is Stolen - 62,489
ACEnders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:56 AM   #4
jannawrites
no, really

jannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjannawrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm okay for now, too. I did have some issues last night and wondered is this hormonal, because of my cycle?*, but today my irritation is gone.

*It was due to the way my husband had been all day. My question is, do I get irritated only because my mood is affected by hormones? Or, is it that I'm seeing circumstances more clearly, making my frustrations valid, whereas those other times of the month I'm oblivious and enabling?
Old 06-10-2008, 01:00 AM   #5
HeronW
Down Under Fan

HeronW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHeronW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHeronW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHeronW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHeronW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHeronW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHeronW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHeronW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHeronW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHeronW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHeronW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So, 'I'm PMSing & perimenopausal (read extends PMS by WEEKS) and I have a [insert highly messy but satisfing weapon of mayhem here]' is okay?
Old 06-10-2008, 01:04 AM   #6
jannawrites
no, really

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeronW View Post
So, 'I'm PMSing & perimenopausal (read extends PMS by WEEKS) and I have a [insert highly messy but satisfing weapon of mayhem here]' is okay?
Yes. Yes, it is.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:07 AM   #7
melaniehoo
And thus we begin the edits

melaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmelaniehoo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My migraine is coming back because the men in our parking lot are grinding metal.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:09 AM   #8
Hillary
Neural Trailblazer

Hillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've never once let my hormones get the best of me... In fact, my boyfriend is the one who seems to act oddly once a month... I'm perfectly normal and level-headed, it's my MAN who gets all weird.

No, really. I'm sure of it. HE'S the one who changes, NOT me!!! *nods fervently*
Old 06-10-2008, 01:11 AM   #9
Anthony Matias

Anthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAnthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAnthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAnthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAnthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAnthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAnthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAnthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAnthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAnthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAnthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
how boring will this be?
Anthony Matias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:12 AM   #10
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Matias View Post
how boring will this be?
I dunno. I thought this was gonna be something like a girlie show. How disappointing.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Stewie Meets the Cabbies and the Old Farts
Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:13 AM   #11
jannawrites
no, really

Quote:
how boring will this be?
Imagine my suprise when I see Anthony Matias is the most recent thread poster.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:14 AM   #12
Anthony Matias

Anthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAnthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAnthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAnthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAnthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAnthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAnthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAnthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAnthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAnthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAnthony Matias is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
I dunno. I thought this was gonna be something like a girlie show. How disappointing.
Not sure I want to see Janna with her pale white skin and all those wrinkles!
Old 06-10-2008, 01:14 AM   #13
jannawrites
no, really

Haggis, you too? Get OUT! All of yous guys!
Old 06-10-2008, 01:15 AM   #14
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Nice whiskers, though. Maybe it's a hormonal thing.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 06-10-2008, 01:16 AM   #15
jannawrites
no, really

Quote:
*scoffs*

Out!
Old 06-10-2008, 01:17 AM   #16
Anthony Matias

Quote:
Nice whiskers, though. Maybe it's a hormonal thing.
We should get her some tweezers for those. On the other hand, she could use them for floss if she needs to.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:18 AM   #17
Hillary
Neural Trailblazer

Hillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHillary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I rest my case. MEN are the problem, not hormones.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:20 AM   #18
jannawrites
no, really

I don't floss OR tweeze, but thanks.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:20 AM   #19
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Come on Anthony. Let's get out of here and go grab a beer or something. If we stay, they're gonna want to talk about relationships and crap like that.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 06-10-2008, 01:21 AM   #20
jannawrites
no, really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary View Post
I rest my case. MEN are the problem, not hormones.

But will they learn? After the umpteenth time I called misterwrites a "butt" last night, he asked, "Why do you keep calling me that?" I said, "Because I figure one of these times it'll have to sink in and you'll make a change."

Last edited by jannawrites; 06-10-2008 at 01:25 AM.
jannawrites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 01:22 AM   #21
jannawrites
no, really

Quote:
Come on Anthony. Let's get out of here and go grab a beer or something. If we stay, they're gonna want to talk about relationships and crap like that.
This, my friend, is why boys weren't invited in the first place.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:22 AM   #22
Anthony Matias

Quote:
Sounds good. All I heard anyways was Blah, blah, blah, sandwich, blah, blah, golf, blah.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:25 AM   #23
Hillary
Neural Trailblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannawrites View Post
AMEN, sistah. But will they learn? After the umpteenth time I called misterwrites a "butt" last night, he asked, "Why do you keep calling me that?" I said, "Because I figure one of these times it'll have to sink in and you'll make a change."
You clearly need improvement in the name-calling department.
Old 06-10-2008, 01:27 AM   #24
jannawrites
no, really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary View Post
You clearly need improvement in the name-calling department.
I don't think it'd make a difference.

Old 06-10-2008, 01:29 AM   #25
jennifer75
SupahStah!

jennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by jannawrites View Post
So I got this idea from a thread in Story Research: Experts and Interviewees...

We girls have our moments, be they due to hormones or something else.

Let this be the place we come when our emotions are high and we need to let loose. We can be an ear for one another, because we all know what it's like.

Let the support begin!

FABULOUS IDEA!!!!! I'm 9 days late.....but since I had the shingles a month ago, I'm wondering if that played a roll in this. Stress....gotta love it.