• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Writers House

EliseLovette

Registered
Reaction score
When Jodi R requests a partial can anyone tell me how many pages she asks for, to those who've had experience with her. Thanks.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
When Jodi R requests a partial can anyone tell me how many pages she asks for, to those who've had experience with her. Thanks.

From her assistant, via request email:

Please send, via electronic or mail submission, the first 50 pages of your manuscript (give or take a few pages, should your work break more cleanly elsewhere).

TexGal

The traveler
Registered
Reaction score
Found this site researching Jodi Reamer.
Sent snail-mail query on 4-1-11.
Will post any response and response time.
Good luck to everyone.

5-10-11 Personal, encouraging and helpful rejection letter. Pleased with the thoughtful response.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
YAY, Cyia!!!

Anyone know if Rebecca Sherman is a non-responder? I always thought she responded. It's been almost 2 months since I queried.

Procrastinista

Registered
Reaction score
Full requested by Merrilee Heifitz. I'm trying to keep busy with my second novel so I don't chew my fingernails to shreds.

Samara Jensen

Registered
Reaction score
Good news! Just got a full request from Miriam Newman, assistant to Merrilee Heifetz (from an equery sent 21st May). :)

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
That's amazing, Samara - congratulations! I'm currently waiting on a full with Steve Malk. Fingers crossed all around!

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so incredibly nervous. Steve Malk has had my full for six weeks, and he's rejected several fulls sent weeks after mine. He confirmed receipt at the time, so I'm trying to push it out of my mind and just be patient. It's really hard! :D

GLaDOScore

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Bekstah--you want a new obsession while waiting? I've tried movies, games, exercise...I'd be happy to recommend specifics for any of them. :) (None of them are working, though--at least not all the time. Whee! But Steve Malk...that's impressive!)

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, I'd love recommendations for anything, Chocolate Potato! I'm dying for some distractions! :D

GLaDOScore

Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, I'd love recommendations for anything, Chocolate Potato! I'm dying for some distractions! :D

I'll PM you some--although there's always biking or running or swimming so much that you don't dream about queries...except I dreamed about querying last night. So I may not be your best bet. ;) Ah, well...at least waiting's a nice problem to have!

Windcutter

Registered
Reaction score
Oh wow, good luck everyone! I think it's the first time I've ever met people who had stuff requested by Merrilee Heifetz, you all must be amazing.

I also have a question which was probably asked like a million times before, only I can't find the answer. I know WH says to never ever query two of their agents at the same time. But if the first agent doesn't reply for 8 weeks (6-8 weeks is stated as the official time period for replying to queries), can I consider it a rejection and query the second one?

Ryan_Sullivan

Agented YA Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Oh wow, good luck everyone! I think it's the first time I've ever met people who had stuff requested by Merrilee Heifetz, you all must be amazing.

I also have a question which was probably asked like a million times before, only I can't find the answer. I know WH says to never ever query two of their agents at the same time. But if the first agent doesn't reply for 8 weeks (6-8 weeks is stated as the official time period for replying to queries), can I consider it a rejection and query the second one?

Kind of depends on the agent. As far as I know all WH agents respond to all e-mails, even if by assistant. If you didn't hear back 1) check interviews or spotlights (caseylmccormick.blogspot.com) to see how long that individual agent says then 2) resend the query.

Windcutter

Registered
Reaction score
Kind of depends on the agent. As far as I know all WH agents respond to all e-mails, even if by assistant. If you didn't hear back 1) check interviews or spotlights (caseylmccormick.blogspot.com) to see how long that individual agent says then 2) resend the query.

Thanks. Jodi Reamer is the agent, it seems her (or/and her assistant's) response time varies a lot.