Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
lol, you guys.

I have to do homework and some point tonight. Maybe I'll go to bed early and wake up really early.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
And here i thought this rewrite would only take like an hour... 3 hours later.... and only half done...

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I've never actually done a real rewrite. I mean, I sort of was with Breathtaken, but...only sort of. If I ever go back to that novel though, it'll be 100% rewrite. Keep the characters and basis, but start from scratch other than that.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't decided if this version of CMRH is a rewrite or a new novel since it has a new plot. Whichever it is, not a single part of the old CMRH was used. Pretty much, I only retained character names - Joe Parker (MC) and Paige Santoro (secondary LI). Although Paige wasn't the LI at all in the old version. I didn't even have a love triangle in that one. The LI from the old one, Maira Kita, is now one MC in TL. She's so different in TL though - badass yet sensitive which has been semi-difficult to get down right. But I will eventually.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I've done... from what i can tell at least 5 re-writes for my first book. First three were completely necessarily needed. Next two were... needed (sort of) but only because I'm super critical of my plot and as i got farther in the series i ended up needing to change some things in the first book, and when i mean change some things i mean half the book.

The first chapter alone though... well... This will be my uh... 34th ish (rough estimate) rewrite. I believe in starting off the first chapter of each of my books with a big bang... but for this first book and the first introduction of the Monsters... i feel i never pool it off quite right, plus, i have to write it in third person, and i suck at third person.

This time around i'm not going to rewrite the whole book, only the first three chapters, which are where i either seem to interest or lose my readers from what i hear from the people that actually get back to me...

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Ok random odd question alert!!!

Have you ever had or know anyone who had a "bent bone". It happens to young children in which instead of the bone breaking because of an injury it bends instead because children's bones haven't completely gone through calcification.

Every have it, or seen it in person???

kairoru

Registered
Reaction score
Website
lvecrezias.tumblr.com
I've never heard of that before xD.

So I have this idea for a new novel (I'm saving a third rewrite on 'Lena' until November so I can use it as NaNoWriMo... I think.), mainly because of my refound love of Naruto, and it's kinda influenced by that but I'm not sure if I want to do it. Like the idea I had was that the MC would be a normal every-day kid, and weak. But when he/she slept, they entered a "dream" where there's this kind of fighting contest and he/she is the reigning champion. Then they find out it's real and so forth and he/she has to save it from something, and the antagonist ends up being the opposite sex of the MC and the really popular person in school. The MC crushes on them though, so it's really hard to hate them, but they have to because the antagonist is a part of the threat on the world the MC thought was a dream.

Yeah, it's really vague right now but I just kinda wanted to know what thoughts were? And I was wondering how I would bring in powers, because I don't want it to be like the anime (I'll figure it out eventually lol).

How's everyones' evening?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
hey!

Sounds like a cool idea to me!

I'm doing ok... working on a rewrite... it sucks.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I'm taking a break from my query... wrote another 2 earlier, but i doubt there any better.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I was told mine was pretty good, but there were still issues to fix. Tally's crit of it seriously made me laugh my ass off.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
This:

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif, serif]HOLY SHIT IS MEERA SOME SORT OF DRUGGIE FAIRY WHO INFLICTS SELF-HARM WHILE HAVING HALLUCINATIONS ABOUT DEMONS TORTURING HIM AND HOT BOYS 'CAUSE HE'S A MASOCHIST?'[/FONT]

And...this:

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif, serif]And then, give us the precise shit that will fall upon Meera, his boyfriend, his buddies at the company, the entire planet and the Queen of England if he fails to shag Lacrimosa/find a good lawyer/go to rehab.[/FONT]

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys. I think I'm going to pull an all nighter and sleep most of tomorrow since I don't have to be at work until 5.

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif, serif]HOLY SHIT IS MEERA SOME SORT OF DRUGGIE FAIRY WHO INFLICTS SELF-HARM WHILE HAVING HALLUCINATIONS ABOUT DEMONS TORTURING HIM AND HOT BOYS 'CAUSE HE'S A MASOCHIST?'[/FONT]

LOL!

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, yes. Those were actually quite good, if I say so myself. Man, now you've activated my querysnark side. I love, love, love snarking and tearing apart queries.

There's a reason my avatar is Santana. :tongue I mean, come on. You may not like her, but you gotta admit she has a way with snark.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
Kidd, you are insane. Also, I will be reading what I have of Grimm tomorrow.

They were very good. I like that you made your points but also made me laugh--it's hard to be upset about stuff when you're also busy cracking up like a mad woman.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
you must love when I post mine then! Mine has me driven insane... earlier i was actually considering paying someone to write one for me!? Yeah its driving me that insane!

I love the word snark by the way... its just an awesome word! Dont you think? That and persnickity!

Marzipan

Registered
Reaction score
Snark sounds like some sort of giant monster with a elephant like trunk that eats stupid people.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
It is FB grammar, yes. Also, I demand a drawing of the snark monster if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.