• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Green Shore Publishing

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Remember that silly ad-posing-as-an-article in which a "professional writer" who clearly had no experience of commercial publishing - you know, someone exactly like Adam Salviani - sang the praises of GSP?

http://biohunt.net/green-shore-publishing-made-successful-sales-reality/

The comments are most instructive.

Reply ↓
Julia
July 15, 2014 at 5:13 pm
This would be much more convincing if you and your author friend had names – or if there was any evidence that Green Shore Publishing has ever released a single book!

Reply ↓
admin Post author
July 22, 2014 at 7:42 am
I aggree, Julia, but this is just about all the information I can share at this point.

Reply ↓
Jurgen Wolff
July 24, 2014 at 11:17 am
Really? An author too shy to mention his name or the name of his books? Well, at least tell us what books you saw published by Green Shore that inspired such confidence on your part. Or was it the three video “reviews” (testimonials) by your fellow authors on the Green Shore site? Oh wait, those were all recorded by actors who offer video testimonials for anything for $5 on Fiverr.com.

Reply ↓
admin Post author
July 30, 2014 at 11:00 pm
Whatever people do for $5, they do so out of necessity. As long as it doesn’t harm anyone, I think it’s alright – after all, we live in a world where advertising means making a living; and if folks sell promotional videos for $5, I can only say that I admire their determination to make a living in a decent way.

Jurgen Wolff
August 1, 2014 at 8:13 am
Lying about using a product in order to convince others to pay for it is not decent and it does harm someone if they are led to believe these are real authors describing real results instead of five-dollar actors.

admin Post author
August 1, 2014 at 5:26 pm
You are entitled to your opinion, as I am allowed to disagree with you. People need money and as long as they are working for it, neither stealing, nor scamming, it’s alright. After all, it’s up to the the end consumer, who is also human, right? Well this means that either he or she is smart enough to decide whether or not to buy a particular service or product.

What difference does it make whether a product or service is promoted by someone who got paid a measly amount or by a celebrity who received millions? The advertising industry has, sadly enough, nothing to do with quality – the person who decides what’s worth it and what’s not is only the consumer.

Reply ↓
L
July 26, 2014 at 3:19 am
Fortunately, anyone who wants to learn more about Green Shore Publishing can do so here: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292778&page=8

Reply ↓
Julia Atkinson
October 6, 2014 at 6:31 pm
Your comment is awaiting moderation.

The use of fake testimonials is ILLEGAL in the UK, USA, Australia and probably anywhere else. Are you really this ethically-challenged? Can you not see the difference between an actor playing a dentist in an obviously fictional situation as part of a toothpaste commercial and an actor pretending to be the REAL author of a REAL book in order to drum up business for a vanity press?

By the way, due to pressure from the Advertising Standards Authority those fake testimonials have been removed from the GSP website.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
An AW regular has very kindly contacted the Federal Trade Commission for me about the bogus testimonials on Raider's website.

*Wheels in a super-duper-ginormous vat of popcorn, dons Victorian bathing costume and leaps in*

Unhappy

Registered
Reaction score
An AW regular has very kindly contacted the Federal Trade Commission for me about the bogus testimonials on Raider's website.

*Wheels in a super-duper-ginormous vat of popcorn, dons Victorian bathing costume and leaps in*

Good to hear this.

Does anyone know what the outcome was about Salviani and his wife's bankruptcy hearing?

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
It doesn't look as though the newspaper article about Salviani is going to materialize so here's an update on the GSP situation: my complaint to the Advertising Standards Association about GSP's website - namely the use of fake testimonials, illustrations showing the covers of non-existent books and radio ads for equally non-existent books - was upheld:

http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjud...e-Publishing/SHP_ADJ_274117.aspx#.VESv-iLF-So

GSP had already taken down the testimonials when the report was published on 8th October. They still have not removed the book covers and radio ads. If this state of affairs continues Hackney Trading Standards will contact the Hoxton Mix, the company from which GSP rents their 'virtual office', with a view to asking them to cease dealing with them.

Last edited:

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it's been over three weeks since the ASA ruling. On the 17th of this month GSP was moved to the non-compliant advertisers list, where they will remain until the misleading information is removed from their website.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
I almost missed this little gem.

Publishing Your Book Can Be A Big Task - Let Professionals Help by Jimmy Patton
in Publishing / Printing (submitted 2014-09-08)

Being a writer has never been an easy profession in any age. The whole part of getting your act together and creating something worthy of catching people's attention is already daunting. Then you have to visit publisher after publisher in search of that one savior that will take the chance of letting your manuscript go to print. All that rejection, all that self doubt - the only thing you have to hold onto is that one creation you have written with many painstaking efforts....

So the question remains.. How to get a book published in the UK?
I'd say you should try your luck with all possible options...

You can get your book published either through an established UK book publisher or there are options available for self publishing of the book as well. You can avail of various advantages in case you choose the self- publishing route. You can get the complete editorial control over the look and content of the book. But of course you will be letting go of the many benefits available with professional editing. Sometimes an extra eye can benefit you in your editing work. As a writer, you cannot afford to put your credibility at stake due to some spelling and grammatical errors. You are also required to generate your own publicity to get your book sold. Publishing your book with established book publishers in UK can be a better option in terms of quality of the final product, publicity and cost as well. However, it may also be harder to persuade them for printing your book.

But...what's this? Clicking on the words "established book publishers in the UK" takes the hopeful author to the website of Green Shore Publishing, hardly an established (by which Mr Patton seems to mean "commercial") publisher. GSP is of course exactly the sort of outfit that doesn't provide the editing and distribution offered by commercial publishers.

Getting your book published is almost as big a challenge as writing it. But when you actually get it done and see your work reaching to the readers, then all your efforts appear to be worth it. If you need active support in these endeavors, the best UK book publisher can be of service to you. Visit Greenshorepublishing to know more.

Ah, I think I know where this is going.

About the Author
Jimmy Patton is an expert book editor who also writes many interesting articles and blogs, trying to help new and upcoming writers in getting their content published. He recommends GreenShorePublishing.com as the best and most trusted UK book publishers for the job.
http://goarticles.com/article/Publishing-Your-Book-Can-Be-A-Big-Task-Let-Professionals-Help/9405456/

Needless to say I could find no book-related blogs and articles by Jimmy Patton, who is almost certainly Adam Salviani wearing a wig and false nose.

Last edited:

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
What a hopeless peckerhead. The problem is, hopeless peckerheads seem to be masters at gulling the unwary.

Well, the good news is that GSP still doesn't appear to have published any books. Those ludicrous posts by bogus authors have been removed from the company's Facebook, which hasn't been updated since 21st July, and there have been no Tweets since 23rd July.

With any luck - it's dead, Jim!

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
For the sake of closure: site hung on a couple more months before returning whence it came.