Was this a glitch or something new that I just now noticed?

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
I was editing something in my Details in my User CP a minute ago and I when I tried to save changes it gave me a message that “The information in the field for Why I Write is missing or invalid”. I thought that was odd, since that wasn’t what I had edited, so I went back to see what it was talking about and found that, indeed, the field for “Why I Write” was empty. Once I filled it in it let me save my changes.

[FONT=&quot]A.) [/FONT]I thought I had filled in all of the fields that were available in my Details back when I first joined AW.
[FONT=&quot]B.) [/FONT] I’m pretty sure that I’ve edited stuff in there before and saved my changes without it saying anything about a blank field.

So now I’m curious: Is this “Why I Write” field new and I just now noticed it, or was there a glitch in the system that erased what I had previously put there?

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had the same experience, and wondered about it too. I thought I had just inadvertantly hit a wrong key or something (since I tend to do that, using a laptop and touchpad a lot.)

*awaits enlightenment*

jeffo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ober.org
I guess its new. I just went and looked at mine -- it's blank -- and indeed, I cannot save anything else without filling it in.

Deleted member 42

We've added a new "required" field for new members to help in thwarting bots.

If you change your profile, you'll be asked to fill out the new field.

There isn't a "correct" answer, so don't stress about it.

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, that explains it. I hope it helps!

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Ah. Alrighty then. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't been totally oblivious and missed it before. Thanks!