Not open for further replies.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
DL, right. The shotgun's just to knock 'em down. Then, the close-in work begins with stake, garlic, gurkha knives, and kerosene.

You have to be fast, though - or have a team.

I did kinda' like the methodology used in Vampire$. but that takes a well-trained team and more coordination. There's some nice suffering to be had by the undead thing in the process though.

Good old-fashioned wooden stakes and Gurkha knives work perfectly okay.

The silver shot is if a wannabe werewolf should actually show up amongst the vampire wannabes. Regular shotgun pellets are gonna' be good enough to put these guys' shiney asses down long enough for me to finish the job, but a man's got to be prepared for, um, contingencies.

Last edited:

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Report:

Doppelganger--Got another rejection back, moving on.

Early Risers--Just shy of 9k in the novel-sized version, and I'm considering sticking to this one instead of shopping the first chapter around as a short.

Demigeists--13k, I think. (Don't have my flash drive plugged in right now.)

Candelabrum--posted in SYW, link in signature. Please check it out and give me your input if you have time!

On my other goal, that being Acquire New Computer: I'm waiting to be approved for a Best Buy card, then I'm getting a MacBook Pro. Hopefully I'll have something by the end of the week.

And, since I finished one project (the writing part anyway, not the editing), I'm giving myself permission to feed one of the plot bunnies. I'm taking my NaNo from two years ago (The Time Ghost) in a different direction. Involving crop circles, transdimensional wolves, and Tarot cards. 1200 words so far.

Goals:

Computer, computer, computer. And words. And I reckon I should send "Doppelgänger" somewhere, so I'll try to get on that too.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry DL not much progress for me this week

500 words nightly on novella Nada
2 blog posts for blog I got 3 sorta
1 post drafted for #Sffwrtcht nope
1 flash story nope
Start reading next review book Novella read, need to write review
PR work some done

Because it is Tuesday already and I have gotten nothing writing related done so far, I'm not making any goals. been a shitty week at work and I just want to unwind when I get home. If I get anything done it will be brownie points.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
Report:

Doppelganger--Got another rejection back, moving on.

Early Risers--Just shy of 9k in the novel-sized version, and I'm considering sticking to this one instead of shopping the first chapter around as a short.

Demigeists--13k, I think. (Don't have my flash drive plugged in right now.)

Candelabrum--posted in SYW, link in signature. Please check it out and give me your input if you have time!

On my other goal, that being Acquire New Computer: I'm waiting to be approved for a Best Buy card, then I'm getting a MacBook Pro. Hopefully I'll have something by the end of the week.

And, since I finished one project (the writing part anyway, not the editing), I'm giving myself permission to feed one of the plot bunnies. I'm taking my NaNo from two years ago (The Time Ghost) in a different direction. Involving crop circles, transdimensional wolves, and Tarot cards. 1200 words so far.

Goals:

Computer, computer, computer. And words. And I reckon I should send "Doppelgänger" somewhere, so I'll try to get on that too.

With the holiday upon us, I wanted to find muses that suit the time of the year. Ones that inspire and make the hounds feel warm and fuzzy inside. So for you Rhoda.

Krampuslauf-Graz.jpg

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Sorry DL not much progress for me this week

500 words nightly on novella Nada
2 blog posts for blog I got 3 sorta
1 post drafted for #Sffwrtcht nope
1 flash story nope
Start reading next review book Novella read, need to write review
PR work some done

Because it is Tuesday already and I have gotten nothing writing related done so far, I'm not making any goals. been a shitty week at work and I just want to unwind when I get home. If I get anything done it will be brownie points.
Well your muse will motivate you, or else.

krampus31.jpg

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ack! Sorry, Mistress. I lost some time over the last few days, I think. Didn't realize it was Tuesday.

I didn't end up working on the story I thought I would. I gave up on that.

Instead I wrote and subbed a microfiction story. It came to me in a sudden flash one morning last week. And it marks the end of my Write1Sub1 2011 challenge. I'm off the short stories now. Er...mostly.

Goals for this week: Keep working through my research notes for the novel. Toss what's no longer relevant and organize what is.

That's it.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
I am here!

Stats:

STILL working on the vampire query. The filthy thing is NOT going to outdo me.

Started a new novel that is best described as Chelsea Cain's "Heartsick" meets "The Collector". I am a VERY disturbed soul,lol.

Actively researching agents who want Horror. Not literary horror but straight up horror. I tell y'all,the ground is thin. But I am going to keep trying.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Let's see...progress? I went through something like 300 bookmarked websites and compiled what I needed for the novel into 36 pages of types notes. I also went through most of my handwritten notes and the old outline for the novel. Almost ready to start writing it again. From. Scratch.

I also came up with a new (shorter and less complicated) ending for a short I wrote earlier this year called Like Daughter. This week I think I'd like to get that one revised and ready to sub. I'm tired of having things linger on the computer.

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com
I am here!

Stats:

STILL working on the vampire query. The filthy thing is NOT going to outdo me.

Started a new novel that is best described as Chelsea Cain's "Heartsick" meets "The Collector". I am a VERY disturbed soul,lol.

Actively researching agents who want Horror. Not literary horror but straight up horror. I tell y'all,the ground is thin. But I am going to keep trying.
I am always exited to see you posting in the hounds, Miss Kitty. Good luck with your goals.This poster looks like something I thought you would like.

BGAPBD01.JPG

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Let's see...progress? I went through something like 300 bookmarked websites and compiled what I needed for the novel into 36 pages of types notes. I also went through most of my handwritten notes and the old outline for the novel. Almost ready to start writing it again. From. Scratch.

I also came up with a new (shorter and less complicated) ending for a short I wrote earlier this year called Like Daughter. This week I think I'd like to get that one revised and ready to sub. I'm tired of having things linger on the computer.
Sometimes starting fresh produces interesting results. Good luck with your subs and goal.

Holiday-Mayhem-Poster-copy-500x630.jpg

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

I have no progress, but I like the pics in here.
Maybe some of the pics will inspire you.

2011-05-01-Be-Your-Evil-Twin.gif

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can I do last week over? Sheesh. I didn't get anything other than 2000 words of backstory written on the novel. Which is a little frustrating because it doesn't really feel like forward movement, even though I know it is necessary.

I did not get back to working on the short story, like I thought I would. Instead I got caught up reading a book. And I can't seem to put it down now.

Let's see...goals...goals...
NOVEL: Finish up creating the backstory. Finish the outline for the actual story. :rolleyes:

SHORT STORIES: I should take another stab at revising the ending for Like Daughter and get it out there, like I intended to last week.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
I wrote a 400-word Christmas poem the other night.

Last night I dreamed a story with a hurricane, a sea monster, a hostage taking, and a gorilla.

I put together some notes on a potential werewolf story building on a previous idea and some ideas dropped here.

I met with my lawyer on Tuesday. We won by default. He thinks I have a bigger case.

I applied for 2 jobs today. And at least 3 others last week.

I'm still waiting on my unemployment money for this week (won't be coming in for another 24-48 hours).

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry no writing/PR/Reading progress last week. May not get anything done this week. But I will try

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Progress looks.... um...

Hmmm, well, the jury's still out.

I'll be back later tonight to hand out whippies and rewards. You know who you are, and what you're getting.

:whip:

ETA: Yes, I'm in charge this week. Unexpected developments in tiger land.

:evil

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can I do last week over? Sheesh. I didn't get anything other than 2000 words of backstory written on the novel. Which is a little frustrating because it doesn't really feel like forward movement, even though I know it is necessary.

2000 words is good, regardless of purpose. And, as a reminder:

Backstorymotivational-poster1383.jpg

There was actually a better one with black, gay, pink-robed Klan members - but the spelling was bad.

:D

Also, Google gives you the darndest things when you image search, so I give you your muse this week in a picture for which, ironically, I have no backstory.

blog-backstory-tilda.gif

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've written 666 words so far today and have only gotten started. :D My goal for this WIP is to be subbing it by the end of March. Think it might actually happen. :)

Goals are good, as is progress towards them. You were kind of vague about the story, though, so the best I got is the evil word count which gets you this:

114013035v13_480x480_Front_Color-YellowGold_padToSquare-true.jpg

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Last night I dreamed a story with a hurricane, a sea monster, a hostage taking, and a gorilla.

I... uh.... huh what???

:Wha:

Never mind, I'll come back to that. Anyway, your poem was good, and winning is always good. Be wary of lawyers seeking more fees, though. (And if you need inspiration or support on the unemployment end, I draw your attention to the link in my sig.)

Inspired by your dream, I tried and tried and tried, but the best I got was this:

animalsgorillamonsterposterreference-8377688e3064297f85715edf5338a164_i.jpg

It has the benefit of being a real thing, though it's only two out of four.

It's going to have to do.

:D

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
I'm struggling with Brain-Gel Syndrome, which occurs when I get off work. I'm fighting this but as of right now, I feel all loopy. I did sub a story last week, but I need to get one ready to sub soon.

It's the same old thing...if I don't sub, I'll be working this job forever and I'll never get out until they fire me for violence towards a customer. And we've all heard that one before, right?

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry no writing/PR/Reading progress last week. May not get anything done this week. But I will try

Well, it was the holidays, so we'll give you a pass. But try and get something, even if it's just a small something, written for the week. Even just a couple of hundred words can make a difference.

Also, if you don't, there will be these people waiting for you:

IMG_0002.jpg

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
I'm here! Got stuck in Virus Hell for a while there. And the Holidays.

Anyways, here is my current status on all my WIPs:

Demigeists: 19k. I've hit a pretty exciting plot twist. I'm hoping to ride that for a while.

Early Risers: Committed to the novel version, which is now at 10k. Not much progress since last time.

The Time Ghost: I decided to go back to this and take it in a different direction. The new version is at 4k now.

The Candelabrum: I can't get into SYW, but my computer issues held off long enough for ONE response to get through; and my regular beta reader emailed me, but I haven't read her comments yet.

However, I also ordered a Kindle Fire, which I can pick up on Wednesday, so yay!

Goals:

Computer, still. I am clinging to any available technology by the skin of my teeth. And words.

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Let's see...

I got over 1250 words done split between 2 shorts WIPS, edited and subbed Survival to Analog Magazine for possible print publication, did some minor edits on Gated, and put together a new cover for Hatchings.

Overall, maybe 1500 words of new stuff not counting the editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.