Finally Dropping By

mwsmedia

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattselznick.com
I've heard of the Absolute Write forums for years. After Google Alerts notified me that one of my projects was being discussed here, I thought it past time that I joined the community!

I'm a creator and creative services provider working in a variety of media. As an author, I've been traditionally and self-published. I currently have over a dozen titles in the marketplace (written, edited by, or contributed to), and I'm pleased that readers have seen fit to grace me with nearly fifty five star reviews on Amazon.com.

I'm keenly interested in the changing roles and responsibilities of creators, the disintermediation of content, and the ever-refining nature of the relationship between creators and consumers.

I'm looking forward to some interesting discussion here!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Niniva

Life is just a bowl of cherries...
Registered
Reaction score
*waves* Hiya! I'm sure you'll find some new and interesting things here; I certainly do!

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. Thanks for dropping by.

mwsmedia

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattselznick.com
Thanks for all the hullos, gang! I admit I spent most of my time here today discussing my own thing (over in another part of the forum) but I'll keep an eye on new posts and comment when I have something (hopefully) useful to contribute.

Cheers!

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Hi mwsmedia!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about this software can be found in the FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!
See if Katiemac has the answer here.

Check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips.

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Questions about posting writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area
and explained here. This link covers the most common problems found in the Share Your Work *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

CALVIN M

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Matthew, Glad you came back and wrote the second entry. Had us worried there for a second. Might have had to let you see what was behind door number 2 otherwise. Don't let anyone know I told you this, but if you write a really boring story before going in there, you'll put that 3 legged hog name Duffy right to sleep.

I shouldn't have told you that...I should not have told you that.

CALVIN M

Registered
Reaction score
Just chucking shhh. I have read some intros where people are here only to promote their own stuff and not really interested in participating in discussions or critiquing others works is all.

mwsmedia

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mattselznick.com
Just chucking shhh. I have read some intros where people are here only to promote their own stuff and not really interested in participating in discussions or critiquing others works is all.

Oh, I see. Well, the whole point of my finally joining was to comment on a discussion other folks started about my Storyworlds Magazine project... but I drop in once a week or so to see if there's anything I can usefully contribute to.

I don't know if I'll ever do any critiquing here... story consultation is one of the things I do for a living, so paying gigs take priority..!