No Killer Opening!

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Howdy!

I "heard" an agent mention this place online and thought I would try it out The comfy little mystery group I joined before seems to have disappeared into internet neverland. I've been an unfocused writer for most of my adult life: writing some articles, being a corporate editor, and then having a website when I homeschooled my kids...but none felt quite right.

Last year I decided it was now or never and started to focus. 89,000 words, 13 readers, and maybe 12 revisions later, the first book's as finished as it will ever be...except the first 3 pages. I just can't get the opening exactly right.

So anyway, I'm on the second book. I've been querying and have piled up my first 5 rejections.

More to come,

Lucie

Stanelle

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.xanga.com
Glad ta meet'cha!! I'm a would be poet right now, who can only seem to spew out rhymes and the occasional really feeling poem!!

Hope to read some of your mysteries and other stuff!

...Stanelle :D

DeaK

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome! I love it here, I hope you will too:)

Brutal Mustang

Loves interplanetary chaos.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. This is a great place to learn. The info available here is more up to date than that provided by any books or conferences.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

Kitty Black

Slowly circling the drain....
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the cooler, and the first level of Query Hell! It helps to know you're not alone, don't you think? There's a slushpile out there waiting for my MS, so back to work I go.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. Good luck.

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
Wow what a welcoming bunch--thanks! The popcorn is delicious! How did y'all know I loved caramel corn? Got a great health checkup yesterday so it's CHEAT DAY today.

Is everyone here regularly haunted by characters like my villain who wants to get off or my former villain who convinced me that he isn't really all that bad?

I look forward to getting to know many of you through peeking at your blogs..and to getting some honest feedback when I get up the nerve to post. My own secretive, thoroughly neglected blog is "Somewhere between here and there..." In three years I have posted an average of three times per year--gimme a break, I was writing a NOVEL. (Smile) Anyway, I'll be thrilled to read about your similar trials in writing.

And to learn from you,

Lucie