Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epiphany

Don't kill the bar, Dude.
Registered
Reaction score
Lol everyone keeps talking about YAWNing and I'm like WTF IS THAT!?!? STOP MAKING ME YAWN YOU SLEEPYHEADS!

....but I get it now....

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
HOUND! *glomp*

And WHY HALLO BIRTHDAY TWIN PENGUIN! :partyguy: hope you're eating lots of yummy cake :)

houndrat

Pulsating Whatnots Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.houndrat.com
EEEK, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHOCO!!!!!! :D :D :D

I totally need to get to your blog more often, by the way. Every time I do, I'm just amazed at how thoughtful and awesome your posts are.

ETA: Neen, I just wrote a blog post that I think it super lame, too. We can be lame blogging twins today. (gee, that sounds like fun, huh? Never mind).

:D

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
The multi-quote button isn't that old. Maybe a couple years? It came after a big upgrade. It is a wonderful thing.

I totally understand about the betas. Even though you want good, thorough feedback, you secretly hope the betas come back and say, "OMG, it's so wonderful. It'll be as big as Harry Potter. I can't wait to see it on the shelf." (Usually I get one or two of those and mixed reviews from the rest) And depending on how big the suggestions (especially if they agree), it can be overwhelming when you get that thorough feedback, even when you want and need it.

chocowrites

scaredy cat
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the birthday wishes and kind words hound! :D I'm glad you like theee posts, haha. And I'm sure the post you just wrote is not lame :)

haha, epiphany, I keep wanting to yawn when I see YAWN as well. I guess even written yawns are contagious?

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
It's choco's birthday too? Happy birthday, chica :D

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
The querying chill has worn off and I want to send out more queries.

Penguin

Inspiration might strike you
Registered
Reaction score
And WHY HALLO BIRTHDAY TWIN PENGUIN! :partyguy: hope you're eating lots of yummy cake :)

Well, I guess we're technically birthday triplets, since it's my sister's birthday too (twin, duh :)). And yes on the cake!

Sarah, good luck!! :)

Thanks, Sage, and good luck with your queries *fingers crossed* :)

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Thanks PEEPS!! I huggles you mucho!! Thanks for letting a gal have some cheese with her whine...LAME! LOL

I have a question for Hayley (or anyone else who likes/knows about the Atlanta Braves). It used to be that girls were crazy over Chipper Jones, but he's getting up there, so what Braves player would high school girls crush on today? I don't follow baseball enough to know who The New Hotness is.

I haven't watche the Braves in FOREVER! My cuz used to have the hots for Javy Lopez, who was a cutey pie!!

Jeff Francouer maybe(sp)

Funny story about Chipper JOnes....the orthodonist my cuz works for used to live across the street from him in Alpharetta...well Kim would house and babysit for him. She and her daughter and all the kids one night had their faces plastered to the windows staring across the street at him bc he had blinds open and stuff.

The next thing they know he's in front of of one of the windows, lol. He waves and then proceeds to close all the blinds.

SNORT....

Last edited:

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
thanks sage & epi <33

HAPPY BDAY CHOCO!!!

birthday_dog.jpg

funny-dog-pictures-dog-does-a-dance-on-his-birthday.jpg

Rebecca_Rogers

Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday to you, choco!! :partyguy:

Krista, I'm so sorry you had a horrible day. I hate days like those. I'm certain tomorrow WILL be better. :Hug2:

Congrats on 50k, Sarah!! Can you sprinkle some of that magical writing dust on me? SHARE THE WEALTH. lol xD

I got my final R on requested material today. :D So I can officially trunk UtS! :D :D

I edited a lot of AD today. I've got over 16k on it now. I can't wait to finish it. I haven't loved a book this much since SM. ^.^ *squeezes &&hugs &&loves WIP*

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
rebecca - sorry for the r.:(

happy birthday choco

Hey, anybody gonna YAWN tonight? I may attempt it at 9.:)

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Woot!!!! 50k FINALLY!

My MC is about to kick some serious ass in this chapter. Only 20kish more to go!

Congrats Sarah! Only 20k to go? no problem ;)

Ugh, Cannot. Focus. At. All. I have like a million things I should be doing and I've accomplished none of them. Grrrrr.....

I hear ya there. I've done just about everything today and have little to show for it. I did find some new networking/backlinking tools which is nice.

The multi-quote button is awesome! Wouldn't know what to do without it :D

I don't think I popped on earlier after I got a haircut. And by far this is my FAVE haircut in my entire life! I wanted to keep my CMRH book cover (It's the fave mockup book cover I've ever made lol), but I think I may just have to put a new picture of me and my new do. What wonders that does to your self-esteem - knowing you have rocking hair lol. (Or at least *I* think I have rocking hair right now LOL)

Yay for new haircuts! I need one badly, but not in this weather!

I just started working night shifts at the day job (bartending :<), and it's freakin' wrecking HAVOC with my system.

I don't think I could ever do nightshift. I had a job in junior high catering for my friend's dad (for weddings). We would start early Saturday morning and go home around 3 am Sunday morning. Was awesome though. Best paying job I've ever had (under the table).

Horrible headache, two disrespectful kids today, worrying about fiances but realizing I can't take the afterschool teaching job I've been offered bc the hours won't mesh bc I'm too far away from home...so its like the teaching job is double kicking my ass

THEN....on my way home, we get pulled over and I get a speeding ticket...my carpooler got pulled over last week and he got a warning....I get a ticket. I went like 10yrs without getting a ticket and now 2 in 6 months...

FInally get home(after blowing my weight watchers points on chocolate) and try to clean up and the vacuum cleaner starts smoking....

:cry:

So sorry to hear about the crappy day. Have a good cry, we all have days like that sometimes. Hoping tomorrow's better.

HOUND! *glomp*

Happy b-day Choco!

Whew, I think I'm caught up now. And look, I'm no longer a multi-quote virgin! *whispers* It was my first time.

Lunawriter

Waxing and waning
Registered
Reaction score
Kate - NOOOOO! No, your crits, and Alina's crits, are both awesomely helpful and positive and NEEDED. There are just those moments when I feel like the clock is ticking down and I am so overwhelmed in my personal non-writing life that the time to actually revise feels impossible. I heart my betas bigtime!!!!!!!
Oh, *heart attack*. If I EVER make you feel like less than the fantabulistic writer I think you are then you will let me know, right? So I can gush and glop all over you? Deal?

THEN....on my way home, we get pulled over and I get a speeding ticket...my carpooler got pulled over last week and he got a warning....I get a ticket. I went like 10yrs without getting a ticket and now 2 in 6 months...

:cry:

I have NEVER gotten a warning--always a ticket. Except the time I got pulled over by a dog-catcher. He gave me a warning. I swear I'm only as bad a driver as everyone else! :p

Lol everyone keeps talking about YAWNing and I'm like WTF IS THAT!?!? STOP MAKING ME YAWN YOU SLEEPYHEADS!

....but I get it now....

Um...I don't. Splain?

I got my final R on requested material today. :D So I can officially trunk UtS! :D :D

NOOOOOOOOOO! That's not the way it's supposed to go. :(

Happy birthday to the birthday celebrators! :D

Rachael_A

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks PEEPS!! I huggles you mucho!! Thanks for letting a gal have some cheese with her whine...LAME! LOL

I haven't watche the Braves in FOREVER! My cuz used to have the hots for Javy Lopez, who was a cutey pie!!

Jeff Francouer maybe(sp)

Funny story about Chipper JOnes....the orthodonist my cuz works for used to live across the street from him in Alpharetta...well Kim would house and babysit for him. She and her daughter and all the kids one night had their faces plastered to the windows staring across the street at him bc he had blinds open and stuff.

The next thing they know he's in front of of one of the windows, lol. He waves and then proceeds to close all the blinds.

SNORT....

Haha. That's awesome. And thanks for the help. I just looked up Jeff Francouer, and now I have to post a pic because SWOON. He is hot. Especially in this picture. I don't know what it is about hot guys holding dogs that does it for me.
*is weird*

ETA: Picture Fail. Can you only post from a url and not an attachment? Grr. Wanted to share the hotness.
imgres

HayleytheScribbler

will write for cake
Registered
Reaction score
Website
hayleyvornholt.com
First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHOCO!!!!!!

I have a question for Hayley (or anyone else who likes/knows about the Atlanta Braves). It used to be that girls were crazy over Chipper Jones, but he's getting up there, so what Braves player would high school girls crush on today? I don't follow baseball enough to know who The New Hotness is.

Jeff Francouer maybe(sp)

SNORT....

Jeff Franceour is no longer on the Braves :( ....but he was definitely the hotness when he was on the team.

Don't know who's really the crush these days. Maybe Jason Heyward? And Brandon Hicks didn't really get a lot of playtime last year, but I think he's pretty cute. We don't really have any stand-out hotness, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.