Status
Not open for further replies.

soulcascade

Bright lights induce scuttling
Registered
Reaction score
(catching up part 2)

((Cat)) aw man :(

Madder why oh WHY would you need to de-mud a river? Yark!

((Leigh)) but how did the birds have a baby instead of an egg? Is it possible they did have an egg (which hatched) and your mom didn't notice?

On the bright side....what am I saying? Just like there's no crying in baseball, there's no bright side in the Pit.

THIS! And also ((Cricket))

Happy belated B day Snappy! :Cake: *hounds growl at Soul for display of positivity * Ack! Gotta run!

((Red))

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
I screamed, jumped up, ripped off my shirt and bra and started beating at my boobs and dancing around. Mr. Soul was all 'wtf???' as I flailed around. Ironically enough it was my cat who saved me (not my hubz who was too shocked to come to my rescue) she heard me caterwauling, tore around the corner, found the bug (which was now on the floor trying to crawl away) and chewed the heck out of that sucker. Happened a long time ago but Mr Soul and I still laugh about it today.

LOL!!! With all the dancing around, airing your assets, of course he didn't help you! He was checking his wallet to see if he had any dollar bills to put in your waistband! Natural male instinct to sit back and watch the show.

((Leigh)) but how did the birds have a baby instead of an egg? Is it possible they did have an egg (which hatched) and your mom didn't notice?

LOL! I was guessing that was how it went. That instead of having an egg that didn't hatch (lots of captive birds lay but don't hatch) this one hatched.

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
BWAHAHAHHA! OMG Bryn you literally made me laugh out loud!! :ROFL: I can imagine it now. He was all 'weird strip tease but, meh, whatever *roots around for money*'

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
A sad day for Pit critters. Hugs, Leigh and Cat.

+ 1

Tomorrow is the start of my 6-day work week.

This should be illegal. (((Cricket)))

ohhh i have definitely not escaped. dealing with any amount of shitty reviews and worrying about sales is PIT-CITY... so i've been here- under the couch :).

(((Silver))) I'd tell you not to worry, but...this is the Pit. *passes maggotini*

Just work-stupid, life-shit, turniptcy-headache, etc.

(((Red))) for turniptcy induced headaches and work-stupid, life-shit.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, Soul! Bug-induced stripping makes up in energy what it lacks in sensuality.

(((Red))) (((Silver))) (((Cricket)))

I'm bored. Someone offer me a contract, please.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Kellion, I'm bored too. Is there a contract fairy? That would be lovely.

Soul! How did I miss the stripper inducing bug story? *Goes back to read* LOL.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Red, may I chime in with my own mantra. It starts, "I will NOT eat another piece of chocolate today."

soulcascade

Registered
Reaction score
Hah guys! Yeah not one of my most coordinated moments :D

Red, when it comes to chocolate I only have one piece of advice...dooo ittt! And if you get a tummy ache? Nap it off, wake up and eat more! :evil

madderblue

Beagle Lips.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thersamatsuura.com
(((Red, Leigh, Silver, Cricket)))

Soul, I see the whole scene of that bug, diving into your cleavage, kicking his little back feet to get some leverage, your erotic dance-o-horror, the hubster gawking, and the cat pouncing, all in anime-vision. I'm giggling myself silly over here.

Contract Fairy. Beware of all the fine print. And she sometimes she pokes you in the eye with her leaky fountain pen.

Happy be-lated birthday, Snappy.

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
Vacation, Pit-style:

I'm going to Chicago for a long weekend with my sisters and a friend. One sister is paying for the hotel, other sister is paying for all the food, friend is paying for the train tickets. I am paying nothing, because I have exactly $14 to my name until payday next Friday. On the one hand: free vacation! On the Pit hand: how fucking sad is that to be going on a cool trip and have a couple of crumpled bills in your purse as your only spending money?

Catwoman

And your point is...?
Registered
Reaction score
I would strap myself to the hood of a stranger's car just to get to go somewhere on vacation.

You'll make it up to them some day, Red, as God is your witness!

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Red, try to have fun. It's so much easier to have fun with your pockets full of ready cash. I hate worrying about money on vacation -- a cab ride can be a huge source of anxiety. I always hated that Rachel Ray show $40 a day because picking what you eat based on what you can afford is a too-familiar horror. But your sisters and friend really want you there. They get to travel with an author!

mario_c

Your thoughts are not real...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mariocaiti.com
Enjoy Chicago, Red! Going on vacation on a budget sucks (as I learned as of, uh, yesterday actually) but it's better than no vac at all.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Well, another morning in the Pit. One of those days where if I can make it until 3, odds are I'll survive the rest of the day as well.

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
*flops on couch*

Back from business trip, still exhausted, and have a huge to-do list (work, writing, chores) to catch up on. I just want to go back to bed.

(((Pit))) <-- For everything I missed.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Red, enjoy the vaca. I always travel on a very tight budget, but still have managed to visit a lot of places. I thought about writing a book on how to travel with no money, I got that good at it. So, don't let it hold you back from enjoying the trip. *Was that too shiny?* *Back hellhounds, back :whip:*

(((Ink))) *flops on couch beside the good doctor*

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Red can play the "published writer" and "starving writer" cards at the same time. As we know, they are often the same card.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
/mini-vent HOW many times must I say the same darn thing to people at work?????

Status
Not open for further replies.