Purgatory's Pit of Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
I had a particularly sub-Pittish weekend and I'm so happy to be back in the regular Pit today -- Pit sweet Pit.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
(((Red))) (((Kellion)))

So after my work week from hell last week, I have another meeting today that will determine whether or not I'll be seeing work week from hell part 2 this week.

In other news, I saw Contagion as well. Didn't think it qualified as a classic horror movie. No major twist. No killer jumping out at you. No shaking cameras. It was more that slow creepy vibe. Something that will get you thinking about it after it's over. I liked it.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Snappy, not sure I parsed your post correctly. This meeting will determine whether your week will be another hell week? Or this meeting will determine whether you have another work week at all?

Meeting will determine if it is going to be another work week from hell. I'll still be here regardless, which I guess is a positive?

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
I hope the meeting goes well, Snaps, and you just have a normal hell week and not an extraordinary one.

I got a 168-day-old zombie query R today. It's a bit of a head scratcher because the response was very long but vague, yet I do think it was sincere about being on the fence. As always, I wish I got more specific positive feedback -- even my closest calls are so vague that I don't have any crumbs to grasp onto.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Oops. I guess the agent isn't having a great day either. I don't think anybody is enjoying this situation much.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
It's certainly better than the alternative. Whew! Well, I hope the meeting decides against another hell week.

Yes, cup half full, I suppose.

I hope the meeting goes well, Snaps, and you just have a normal hell week and not an extraordinary one.

I got a 168-day-old zombie query R today. It's a bit of a head scratcher because the response was very long but vague, yet I do think it was sincere about being on the fence. As always, I wish I got more specific positive feedback -- even my closest calls are so vague that I don't have any crumbs to grasp onto.

Thanks! And *scratching head* on the vague old R.

Oops. I guess the agent isn't having a great day either. I don't think anybody is enjoying this situation much.

Nothing good can come of it.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw elsewhere that a few writers had SQed old queries (not as old as mine) so I guess the agent decided it was time to clear out the old "maybe" pile.

I doubt any query looks good when it's covered in dust and cobwebs.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
That twitter post makes me uncomfortable, as if this is something I could get in trouble for. I requeried my previously agented manuscript to a couple agents, but I stopped because I didn't want to have conversations about who had already rejected the book.

fourlittlebees

chief sitter on people
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.about.me
K, it made me squick because there are really only a few possibilities:

A) the author had his/her book burned and had no sub list, so agent #2 is subbing blind
B) the author had the book on sub and never told the agent

Either way, the whole sitch is icky, agreed.

silver76

Living the Dream (Nightmare)
Registered
Reaction score
posted about my meeting in the spit shine...got a zombie QUERY R today...missed you guys that twitter thing is crazy... (((pit)))

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
{{{Silver}}}

Yeah, 4B, that's not a good place to be.

But, Kellion, I don't think it's similar to your situation.

kellion92

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I know, but it's the sort of thing I have nightmares about...

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Meeting done. Work week will not be AS bad, but my department is getting shifted, so I have a new boss essentially. Good news - she's nice. Bad news - yet more work for me and my staff. *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.