Not open for further replies.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
Don't get me started...:ROFL:

Haven't read them, haven't seen it - but the sparkle thing is definite turn off. I prefer my vampire bloody and sponteously combusting, thanks.

Speaking of vampires, my 6 yro son got out of bed and stared at me while I worked on my wip the other night...

6 yro: Whatcha doin?
LD: Working on my story.
6: What's it about?
LD: It's a grown up story and has some scary parts and I want you to go back to bed.
6: Oh. (sprawls on bed, chin on hands) Who's in your story?
LD: Some people.
6: What do they do?
LD: Stuff. You need to go back to bed.
6: Do you have a vampire in it?
LD: In your bed? No, Shadow keeps all the vampires outside (Shadow is our 11 yro cocker/border collie and the most likely thing she is going to keep out is .... well the jury is still out on what she's likely to keep out of the house)
6: Nooo... In your story. Is there a vampire?
LD: No. Just people. Now Go.To.Bed.
6: (Sighs, scoots off bed, starts down the hall, comes back) I think your story would be better with a vampire in it. (wanders down the hall to the living room, where I can here him bugging hubs)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of vampires, my 6 yro son got out of bed and stared at me while I worked on my wip the other night...

There's a vampire in mine. :D (non-sparkly, thankfully)

my own little one is only 5- should I expect these questions in a year or so? Cause that could get kind awkward. I definitely don't write anything I'd want her reading for another ten years or so...

Maybe some of the less horroresque shorts, but that's it :D

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
I don't have any idea - my 6 keeps my on my toes and frequently catches me off guard. He's always coming out with something off the wall.

Like when he was 2 - I was carrying him down the hall, rhyming something silly about time for him to go to bed (sorry, I have lots of bedtime stories today) and I said his name like 3 times. He put both hands on my shoulders, looked me in the eye, sighed, and said "Mom. My name's not Patrick. It's Bouf." Have absolutely no idea where he came up with it or why he'd think that was his name. But he insisted and after that refused to listen to me if I called him anything but Bouf. (Eventually I stole the name, gave it to a blue dragon, and put it in one of my children's stories). He grew out of it last year, when it was ok for other people to call him Pat or Patrick, but I was to still call him Bouf, so said the small redheaded boy in all serioussness.

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
I don't have any idea - my 6 keeps my on my toes and frequently catches me off guard. He's always coming out with something off the wall.

Like when he was 2 - I was carrying him down the hall, rhyming something silly about time for him to go to bed (sorry, I have lots of bedtime stories today) and I said his name like 3 times. He put both hands on my shoulders, looked me in the eye, sighed, and said "Mom. My name's not Patrick. It's Bouf." Have absolutely no idea where he came up with it or why he'd think that was his name. But he insisted and after that refused to listen to me if I called him anything but Bouf. (Eventually I stole the name, gave it to a blue dragon, and put it in one of my children's stories). He grew out of it last year, when it was ok for other people to call him Pat or Patrick, but I was to still call him Bouf, so said the small redheaded boy in all serioussness.

That's priceless! :ROFL:Sounds like your son and my son would get along famously. He's got a crazy over active imagination and let's just say we've had to take his Nitendo DS away because all of the montsers liked to come out and eat him at night.

But then he'll play house of the dead with his friends and pretend to kill zombies...

Last edited:

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't notice the sparkles when i watched it here:

http://www.angryalien.com/aa/twilightbuns.asp

Which is the only place I intend to watch it. :D

No No No....my neighbor is 14 and she's very sweet and I like her very much, so we watched the movie together...I laughed my ASS off...it's totally worth it. Funniest thing I've seen in years.

She didn't like the way I took it, but I couldn't help myself...It didn't even feel like a waste of my time, it was just comical.

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so I got so caught up in Laurie's bed time story that I forgot the real reason I logged on.

I think I've finally discovered the secret ingredient for my query...it might actually be done before my hair starts growing back:D

I have two different versions done, and a final one brewin' in my head. So once I get those done, I can check them over, see which one I like and fix them up appropriately!

And then comes the waiting again...BUT at least with the help of EF and Lily, I got onto the right path.:)

THANKS LADIES!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
that may be the first time lily's led someone down a path where it didn't end in maiming, screaming, and bloodshed :D

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I like to throw a curve ball every now and then. :D

I shall now mention that an AWer beta'd my first 5 chapters of the horror rewrite last night and had to skip the AUGH part the first time and steel herself to reread it later. :hooray:

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
I shall now mention that an AWer beta'd my first 5 chapters of the horror rewrite last night and had to skip the AUGH part the first time and steel herself to reread it later.

good job Lily!

that may be the first time lily's led someone down a path where it didn't end in maiming, screaming, and bloodshed :D

I thought the mutilation is all part of the learning process. That's why she said she needed my legs in the first place...

:)

Last edited:

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But he insisted and after that refused to listen to me if I called him anything but Bouf. (Eventually I stole the name, gave it to a blue dragon, and put it in one of my children's stories). He grew out of it last year, when it was ok for other people to call him Pat or Patrick, but I was to still call him Bouf, so said the small redheaded boy in all serioussness.
LOL! I just had to chime in and say my 6 yr old often gives me inspiration for my works too. I LIVE for the mornings when he wakes up and says "So..I had a dream last night..." That's when I sit back with my morning cup of coffee and a pencil and paper. :)

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Your MostIillustrious, Silky-furred, and Tigery Furriness, did I mention that I got PAID for a writing gig I did last week (cash on the barrelhead, $0.20/word - $40 since I cut the guy a helluva' deal and kept one of the magazines I used for research materials (Air Combat, not that kind of magazine, you pervs, but, ya' know - jets are kinda' sexy... ))?

It ain't much, but it's buying my beer right now (plus a bit of gas for the car later).

Kmcelhinny

Registered
Reaction score
Your MostIillustrious, Silky-furred, and Tigery Furriness, did I mention that I got PAID for a writing gig I did last week (cash on the barrelhead, $0.20/word - $40 since I cut the guy a helluva' deal and kept one of the magazines I used for research materials (Air Combat, not that kind of magazine, you pervs, but, ya' know - jets are kinda' sexy... ))?

It ain't much, but it's buying my beer right now (plus a bit of gas for the car later).

Great going Greg!

DL Hegel

Tigress Tyrant
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frellin
Website
www.myspace.com

Greg,

Awesome 20 gold stars and pass me a beer. Very cool:)

Hugs and pushups,

Tigress Tyrant

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I picture you more as the "summoning" type of evil than the "opening" kind...

Though I expect you have your own sort of Pandora's Box thing working for you.

(and I hear you in my head going, "Pandora? Pfft.... Amateur." :ROFL:)

No.

Lady MacBeth was an 'amatuer'.

Pandora was just a silly girl who just did something stupid thinking that somehow she could get out of helping her mother in the garden.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Never dismiss the value of a paying gig. Every little bit helps, and paying gigs help keep you in those valuable writing supplies.

Like coffee. Or good scotch whiskey. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.