stopping here first,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalyke

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I am new, though I've belonged to Writer's Message Boards before. I have a degree in Non-fiction, which, I have found is very translatable. I've written fiction for about 10 years (not published). The hardest thing I've found is discovering what you should write-- and it is not as simple as "what you want to write." What you should write hits you like a comet right between the eyes. Other people can often see it before you can.

Anyway, when I was younger it was all about SF/Fantasy. Then I basically tried every genre possible and failed miserably at most. The one genre that I seemed to excel at was a non-genre. Just Mainstream with a bit of suspense, a bit of noir, a touch of thriller.

I've just had my first years anniversary of my present novel-- or should I say 2 novels? I am writing 3 "smaller" novels with some characters moving through the three, so I guess it is a "Trilogy" or something like that.

I guess after that I will try to publish, and if I can't then maybe enter it in a contest.

Hope I find some good info here.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

Status
Not open for further replies.