The Official Royal Wedding Thread

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
They still do that whole virginity thing? Will they do it for the new Princess too?

I believe they've moved beyond that (Thank goodness. It was disgusting back in the '81.). Since I'm back in the US, I didn't the full dose.

Missed the arrival and most of the ceremony, but she and her gown looked beautiful. Timeless.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Two people I have never met who don't know I exist are getting married at an expense that makes me want to be sick all over myself.

Happy day.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
From author Colson Whitehead: "A nation needs a princess, William. And an infusion of fresh DNA will help undo generations of inbreeding."

:sarcasm

efreysson

Closer than ever
Registered
Reaction score
My question is: Why on Earth does this matter?? Why are people so excited??

Snowstorm

Registered
Reaction score
What does it hurt, efresson?

It's a tradition; it's joyful (something this world desperately needs); it's pretty; lots of people make money of it (it's not just spending money); and my guess is it's probably very good for the government's coffers.

Lils

Registered
Reaction score
Website
lilynavarro.com
Haven't watched this, but no doubt the news will be replaying it over and over and over...

I do like her dress though. Did she get flowers in her hair?

No flowers in her hair. Just a tiara on her head that probably costs more than I'd make in half a lifetime? I don't really know what the going price for diamond encrusted tiaras are, though...

Don

All Living is Local
Registered
Reaction score
Not just no, but HELL no! :rant:

Why would a country that was founded on getting away from all this "royalty" crap care about some British blue bloods jumping the broom?
Because, in the final analysis, Hamilton won? (And Mercedes would say that's "Hell to the No!")
No, they are returning to the palace in a carriage.

It's all this turning from a 'commoner into a princess' crap.
So much for the whole "classless society" and "all men are created equal" bullshit. See also: What I just said about Hamilton.
Two people I have never met who don't know I exist are getting married at an expense that makes me want to be sick all over myself.

Happy Day.
Got an extra barf bag?
From author Colson Whitehead: "A nation needs a princess, William. And an infusion of fresh DNA will help undo generations of inbreeding."

:sarcasm
Does this mean they'll be a regular part of the London Swinger Scene? ;) Or was that referring to her DNA?

Snowstorm

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, the best part of the morning: the fly-by of the Spitfire, Lancaster, and the Hurricane! That's so special it brought tears to my eyes! (Okay, I'm a sucker for old combat aircraft.)

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com
Wow, the best part of the morning: the fly-by of the Spitfire, Lancaster, and the Hurricane! That's so special it brought tears to my eyes! (Okay, I'm a sucker for old combat aircraft.)

Me too - absolutely beautiful aircraft... and the crowd loved it.

Can't go wrong with some old sweet planes like that!

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Play-by-Play on CBC Radio 1 - Edmonton said:
Well, there you go. Yuh-yuh-yuh-yuh-yuh, they're going at it. Sucking each others' tongues now.

lol

Reaction score

Happy day.
Except you're not paying for anything but the security.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

That was my favorite part too. The roar of those old engines can't be beat.
My late FIL was a navigator on a Lancaster during WW2, so hubby always gets a bit choked when he sees one.

Snowstorm

Registered
Reaction score
The government is probably raking in millions from sales and lodging taxes from this event.

Reaction score
I can think of better things to spend the money on. Hospitals, schools, the police, me.
I was willing to excuse your idiocy right up until the last option.

Now that's just ridiculous. What could you spend £10 million on?

Wait - a hair transplant!

#needlesscruelty

:D

LadyA

Always lurking, never posting...
Registered
Reaction score
Ahh, the kiss was a bit disappointing - everyone going on about it and then they only kissed for about a second (admittedly twice, but whatever ;) )

LOVED the dress x

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Just got up. What's going on?

Well, Dirty Den has borrowed a monkey off some Sarf Lahhndan boys who want their dosh back or he'll end up brown bread. Meanwhile, Lofty thinks Shell is acting all strange like and has gone round to see Dot who's made him a nice cup of tea. Over in the Vic, Pat's earrings have fallen off so Peggy's started a singsong to get everyone's spirits up while Frank wants everyone to leave it ahhht since he doesn't want to talk about it. And Ethel is showing everyone her little Willy.