WormHeart

Dual class author / nightguard
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fromthefrozennorth.com
SouthAfricanHorrorFestMoon+low.jpg

Hey all.

I'm considering sending in a short story to the Bloody Parchment 2013 anthology, but have a hard time figuring out if it is a major thing, a minor thing or invisible on the big markets.

It's a South African annual anthology series, and I like the idea - I'm just wondering how much exposure a text will actually get from participating?

Any guesses?

Bloody Parchment 2013

WormHeart

sdewar83

Registered
Reaction score
Bloody Parchment is the real deal, as is Nerine Dorman the editor.
Go on Amazon and you can see the Bloody Parchment anthologies for sale.

I was published in the most recent one, Bloody Parchment:The Root Cellar and other stories. Nerine Dorman is a fantastic editor to work with and is very well known within the speculative fiction writing community. She is also a multi-published author in her own right.

In addition to editing Bloody Parchment each year for the SA Horrorfest, she is one of the editors at Dark Continents publishing (http://darkcontinents.com) and runs their Tales of Darkness and Dismay imprint. She's is editing their forthcoming anthologies "Dark Harvest" and "The Sea".

WormHeart

Dual class author / nightguard
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fromthefrozennorth.com
Bloody Parchment is the real deal, as is Nerine Dorman the editor.
Go on Amazon and you can see the Bloody Parchment anthologies for sale.

I was published in the most recent one, Bloody Parchment:The Root Cellar and other stories. Nerine Dorman is a fantastic editor to work with and is very well known within the speculative fiction writing community. She is also a multi-published author in her own right.

In addition to editing Bloody Parchment each year for the SA Horrorfest, she is one of the editors at Dark Continents publishing (http://darkcontinents.com) and runs their Tales of Darkness and Dismay imprint. She's is editing their forthcoming anthologies "Dark Harvest" and "The Sea".

Great - congratulations on the anthology :)
It turned out my stories were too long, so I didn't participate this year - maybe next year.

And thank you for the recommendations - that's public service.

WormHeart

Status
Not open for further replies.