Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm really ready to get it back if they don't want it so I can send it out again. Never nudged anyone, though.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's easy.

You just say, "Hey, you. Yes, YOU. You done with that yet?"

Only, more politely. And stuff.

:D

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
I do not have nachos.
Aww. That's too bad. It didn't work?
However, what I do have, after a little quick thinking, are essentially sopaipilla chips.
I...I'm with Laurie on this one. Too hard to say. I'm actually not even sure I can pronounce that. Unless...does the first part sound like soap? Because if so, I think I'd like them. :D

Yeah, I'm really ready to get it back if they don't want it so I can send it out again. Never nudged anyone, though.
I usually go a little longer than the guidelines say is okay to nudge. But not much longer. It's good to nudge, withing their time frame, though. One place had mine for something like 7-8 months and I nudged and found out that they'd lost it. :rolleyes: So, I don't see anything wrong with politely nudging, especially when they've stated it's okay to.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Soapy, if I don't hear from them by Friday, I'll ask 'em- wth? :D Or something to that effect.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
We have 'em on every corner here, but I still avoid saying that word.

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
No Mexican restaurants in Seattle?

:D
:roll: No, I guess not.

And actually, I'm in big BIG trouble because one of my best friends is from Mexico. If she knew how I slaughtered that, she'd smack me. She keeps forcing Spanish on me, maybe that's my problem. I'm resisting learning the pronunciation just to spite her. She'll routinely text me in Spanish and force me to try and muddle through what she's saying. :rolleyes: On purpose. She likes to torture me, I think.

Thank goodness for translator apps. :D

The last time I tried to text her back in Spanish (ironically it was about chips) I ended up asking her about cheese dip and poker chips. The app didn't work very well that time. She let me hang for awhile, though. I bragged about what a good job I'd done responding in Spanish (in front of other Spanish speaking people) and she just smiled and nodded and told me good job. I wondered why everyone was laughing, though.

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:roll: No, I guess not.

And actually, I'm in big BIG trouble because one of my best friends is from Mexico. If she knew how I slaughtered that, she'd smack me. She keeps forcing Spanish on me, maybe that's my problem. I'm resisting learning the pronunciation just to spite her. She'll routinely text me in Spanish and force me to try and muddle through what she's saying. :rolleyes: On purpose. She likes to torture me, I think.

Thank goodness for translator apps. :D

The last time I tried to text her back in Spanish (ironically it was about chips) I ended up asking her about cheese dip and poker chips. The app didn't work very well that time. She let me hang for awhile, though. I bragged about what a good job I'd done responding in Spanish (in front of other Spanish speaking people) and she just smiled and nodded and told me good job. I wondered why everyone was laughing, though.

That's awful!

:roll:

Lo sentimos, jabón.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I JUST GOT THE MOST EXCITING NEWS OF MY 21 YEAR OLD LIFE!!!

A DECADE OLD DREAM OF MINE IS COMING TRUE!!! MY FAVORITE BAND SINCE I WAS 12, IS COMING TO AMERICA! RIGHT OVER THE BRIDGE FROM ME!!! I'VE BEEN WANTING TO SEE THEM IN CONCERT FOR A WHOLE FREAKING DECADE BUT THEY NEVER TOURED IN AMERICA! I'M FREAKING OUT RIGHT NOW!!! AND THERE COMING WITH TWO OTHER FAVORITE BANDS OF MINE!!!

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Can't you get just a little more excited than that, Ally? :p

Who is this great band?

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Lostprophets!!!

No i really cant, i called my mom crying and she was freaked out beyond belief thinking that my ex said something to be and then when my words finally became understandable she freaked out just as much as me!!!

I'm more excited then words can express... my only problem? Now i need to find someone who will go with me... but for them, i'd be the weirdo who goes alone!

FOTSGreg

Today is your last day.
Registered
Reaction score
A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible t
Website
Www.fire-on-the-suns.com
Aw, I has a sad now...

While I had a great day at work today (my first day on the new job), my friend Erika just informed me she's moving to Kansas City, MO in 2-4 months to be closer to her boys due to the accident one of them suffered last week. She'd been talking about this possibility before, but now it seems it's a definite.

I guess I have to make the best of the next 2-4 months. No more time for holding back or being patient and waiting to see what happens.

Still, I am going to miss her fiercely when she leaves. I'll never see her again after that, I'm sure.

Everybody always leaves...

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
I've heard of them, I guess I need to go check out their music, I really haven't.

You better hurry up and get the tickets!!

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
:( Sorry Greg. But a lot can change in a couple of months. You never know what can happen...

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
Lostprophets!!!

No i really cant, i called my mom crying and she was freaked out beyond belief thinking that my ex said something to be and then when my words finally became understandable she freaked out just as much as me!!!

I'm more excited then words can express... my only problem? Now i need to find someone who will go with me... but for them, i'd be the weirdo who goes alone!

Is this an English band? If so, who's coming with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.