Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've got a ham shank earmarked for split pea soup this week.

I have another ham in the freezer likewise designated, but that's for later in the month.

cook.gif

Vince524

Are you gonna finish that bacon?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
BTW, have I mentioned that we decided on our vacation plans.

We're going to Hawaii for a week, then we'll go to Virginia for a family reunion.

Anyone ever been to Maui? Know anything we should do?

My wife found a luau my wife wants to go to. I'm a little nervous. I'm afraid they'll take one look at me, shove an apple in my mouth and a spit up my ass.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
BTW, have I mentioned that we decided on our vacation plans. ...
Anyone ever been to Maui? Know anything we should do?

I have never been, but my best friend has. She took a walk through tour of all the fruit plantations out there [it's a scheduled tour through some place - I can get the name if you like].

Anyway, she said that it was the best thing she ever did, getting to eat star fruit right off the tree, taking fresh pinapple back to the hotel, and all kinds of fruits and foods only grown and made in Hawaii.

Thought you might like that, since you like food as much as she and I do. ;)

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
Vince, how about trying some surfing?

:D

Yeah, I don't think so. I have all the grace of a blind hippopotamus on roller skates. My kids might. They're young and fit. But then I think of that movie Soul Surfer about a young girl who got her arm bit off by a shark.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think so. I have all the grace of a blind hippopotamus on roller skates. My kids might. They're young and fit. But then I think of that movie Soul Surfer about a young girl who got her arm bit off by a shark.

I have no coordination. That's why I suggested the food tour. It'd be the only things I'd be safe with. :)

CassandraW

Banned
Flounced
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
You know, like the who airport security thing. What are those x-rays boxes called again that screen luggage...

And if you don't feel like going all the way to the airport, go to the Comedy Cabaret and they'll give you a TSA-style patdown.

Oh wait...what were talking about? Hawaii. Nice place. Never been. But I like pineapple.

Vince524

Registered
Reaction score
Website
vincentmorrone.com
My wife asked if I would choose the pat down or the scan where they see you nekkid. I said the scan. I want to see the operators run out of the scanning both, disgusted and throwing up in their own mouths a little bit.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
The scan never bothered me - i guess its because you can't see the people who are looking you over...

It bothered me when they found out that some of the security people were taking photos of the scans with their phones and posting them on the web.

That and the image remains in the machine and is never really cleared out of the software.

After that I stopped watching that 60 minutes segments. :/

Eeh.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Shark attacks are incredibly rare. Rarer even than plane crashes, and a host of other things that could also kill you on the way to or in Hawaii.

Heck, the waves themselves in some of the places are far more dangerous, statistically speaking.

shark.gif

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My wife asked if I would choose the pat down or the scan where they see you nekkid. I said the scan. I want to see the operators run out of the scanning both, disgusted and throwing up in their own mouths a little bit.

And as much as I hate to say this, as you're posting SW pics, they don't see you "nekkid." I've seen images of the scans and really, if you go to the beach, you're flashing a lot more to a lot more people than those scans will ever reveal.

The whole thing was far more hype than anything else, and considering I flew in November 2001, I'll take the scans and/or the pat downs over the people in fatigues with automatic rifles any day.

:)

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And if you don't feel like going all the way to the airport, go to the Comedy Cabaret and they'll give you a TSA-style patdown.

Only if you're a woman.

Oh wait...what were talking about? Hawaii. Nice place. Never been. But I like pineapple.

And coconuts. Don't forget the coconuts.

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
If you don't want to deal with airport security, you could always buy a rowboat.

You'll be in fine form for the beach by the time you get there. You'll be the only fellow in budgie smugglers who doesn't look half bad in them.

That's a lie. Nobody's that good looking.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Neuro - ah, budgie smugglers? As in a baby bird in a speedo? :D

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
Basically, pd, yes.

It's a slang term in Australia or NZ or both. And possibly other places too. Probably not really the US though. A lot of the people I've met who've heard me use the term don't seem to know what a budgie is. Anyway, I can't remember where it's from. It's kind of vulgar, so the kiwi in me wants to accuse the aussies of concocting it.

4463721733_bb8b52f316_m.jpg

The noble budgie disapproves of this method of illegally transporting him.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's fricking snowing again. There was over an inch of snow on my car when I came to work. I'm so blasted tired of winter and snow.

* debates on taking her day off tomorrow and driving to a certain PA town and shooting the local rodent celebrity.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy Monday?

*puts coffee on

Hope everyone likes Black Silk :D

*still hates the flipping snow

Status
Not open for further replies.