Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Homecoming is a school tradition (high school and college). It's a home football game accompanied by homecoming week. What homecoming week includes depends on the school. At my high school we got to dress up every day of the week and there was a powderpuff football game (girls only football game for fun). There was also a dance after the game and a parade before.

Here we have games on Sunday, a homecoming king and queen competition, an after-party after the game, and a bunch of other stuff.

A homecoming float is a float pulled on a trailer behind a car. Usually there's a theme and it almost always is related back to beating whoever your football team happens to be playing in the homecoming game.

Oh, I see! That's fascinating.

Kyrie

Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)
Registered
Reaction score
Floats can be really massive and elaborate, too. Like the ones used in the Rose Parade in California every January, that look like this:

float-20080101-browse.jpg

I think the Rose Parade has something to do with football as well, but nobody I know watches that parade because of a football game. :tongue The rules for the Rose Parade are that every visible surface has to be covered with organic material, like flowers or tree bark or something. They're really quite amazing.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
Should I have a giveaway for The Future of Us? I can't decide.
On one hand, I have 3 copies of it and I only need 1. On the other hand, shipping books costs money.

ETA- The Rose Parade! I love the Rose Parade!

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
If you don't do a giveaway, what would you do with them? Just stuff them on a bookshelf?

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a couple of paragraphs for a new thing i'm doing. So far juggling 3 books on the go. Although one of them is on sort of on hold til I can print it out and look at it properly. Need more ink. haha

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm... trying to write. I don't know if not having a daily goal is really good for me after all...

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I find I can't work with deadlines. Which is why I'd be crap at working in an office. haha. I really would. If I don't have a deadline, I'll get things done. If I do, I don't get them done. It's like... reverse psychology! haha

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I just need something to work towards... but I fail at word count goals...

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Lisa, I know this has been said before, but you really need to not worry about the how of writing and just do it. If word count goals don't work for you, but you need "something to work towards," just work towards finishing the book.

Last edited:

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I've written a whole bunch of first chapters to a story with no plot :tongue

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Dunno. I'll wait and see, and once I have more chapters, I'll pick the one I think fits the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.